• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The pants movement has begun

Technocrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Technocrow
Why the heck does everyone want pants? I'd rather just have frequent updates to the currently existing gear we have.

Strider_Bond00J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Strider_James00B
I wouldn't mind seeing extra variety to the pants, even though shorts are comfy and easy to wear. I'd probably go for long pants myself. I wonder which animal they'll hire for a pants shop?

And seeing this reminded me of that Sbemail where Homestar went berserk about whether or not he had long pants...

Last edited:

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
First off, I'd like to say that I am confused as to how the pants and hair boom began on Miiverse. I made a related post for pants (and perhaps another one indirectly for hair), but they weren't motivated by this popularity. o.o

However, I REALLY do want pants and multiple hairstyles. Due to others' worries over pants and hairstyles affecting stats, I'd rather them be available in the Inkling changing screen and only be a cosmetic difference, but I still want them in.

Also, I personally think pants should've taken the place of shorts in the first place, if both could not be implemented (though I don't want pants to replace shorts, I'd want both so everyone has the option, and go ahead and add skirts for those who want them, too). Many people (myself included) find shorts with long-sleeved shirts a rather awkward look to the point that they would prefer not to wear such a combo, but pants are usually accepted with long-sleeves, short-sleeves, or sleeveless shirts. Since I usually wear long-sleeves, I have to resort to (admittedly cool) black or blue boots to conceal my legs, but even that's not enough. That's why I want mah pants. :P

Hairstyles should also be included, since Splatoon, aside from battle, also emphasizes customization, and being limited to one hairstyle per gender is a very limiting and ironic choice for a game with customization (especially for me T_T). It also looks weird seeing everyone just outright lacking a variety of hairstyles.

Lastly, I don't get why people are saying these potential additions don't deserve consideration to even be added in. It's true they could not impact anything at all gameplay-wise (and that may be for the best), but it's a nice cosmetic addition to players who like to have fun with customizing their looks (such as myself) while not harming the experience for anyone, and plenty of people ARE asking for it... :3

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Actually, double thinking it, there's no way Nintendo can add pants unless they add something to the Amiibo. The School Uniform already has a skirt and pants. You can't say they can add it though a patch because then it would force clothing to be gender specific.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Actually, double thinking it, there's no way Nintendo can add pants unless they add something to the Amiibo. The School Uniform already has a skirt and pants. You can't say they can add it though a patch because then it would force clothing to be gender specific.
But males still wear shorts with the school uniform, not pants. Also, don't the skirts for females overlap the shorts instead of replace them? I don't have a single amiibo, so I can't confirm the skirt one, but I feel confident in my guess.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
But males still wear shorts with the school uniform, not pants. Also, don't the skirts for females overlap the shorts instead of replace them? I don't have a single amiibo, so I can't confirm the skirt one, but I feel confident in my guess.
They overlap the shorts. Which is probably better than replacing them; knowing the community.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
In that case, Nintendo would have to add more missions, and unless they're planning to add more to the campaign I still don't see it happening.
I really am all for pants though.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
In that case, Nintendo would have to add more missions, and unless they're planning to add more to the campaign I still don't see it happening.
I really am all for pants though.
Well, like I said, they can simply add pants and hairstyles as cosmetic options in the Inkling changing screen with the eye and skin color options, rather than as gear. The pants option may likely end up only being one pair of black pants with a stripe like the shorts, but even then, that, along with the hair, seems like a realistic potential addition that can satisfy many (including myself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom