• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Second Great Turf War (IC Thread)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler wasn't sure about what to think about Inklette's backstory, as he didn't remember much of her before meeting her in the tunnel, but then again he couldn't remember much before that. "I don't know much about her either..." Tyler replies to Maxwell, eyes downcast.
Listening to Maxwell's words, he nods in agreement. Seeing that he was looking somewhere, he turns to where Maxwell was looking at, and is greeting by the sight of Marie interacting with other Inklings and beams at the sight. "
Well, will you look at that? One of the Squid Sisters is trying to give some form of happiness in these dark times." Turning to Maxwell he comments, "Maybe... Callie and Marie will regain their old selfs again, if we win."
@Inklette and Octa @Templar

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
"She sure is, though I hope they don't forget to take care of themselves. Though while I'm sure winning could only help, chances are what they need is someone to talk to and more importantly... time. They lost a close family member, and was thrusted into responsibility all at once. They need time to adjust, and they need it to heal. Which us fighting, only helps elongate that time." Maxwell answered to his final couple of points. Though before his mind was lost in thoughts about the cousins, he started walking forwards as he ventured into the deck, closer to the four female inklings talking. As he did so he glanced back so Tyler would know he was about to talk to him. "With the advice thing by the way, first I need to know what your weapons are, and what main role do you play: offense or defense?"
@Inklette and Octa @MacSmitty

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Uh, too tell you the truth I'm frequently both. Most of the teams I've played on often told me that I have a fierce position on offense, yet some times when I get jittery and nervous, I play defensively very well." He answers Maxwell lightly tugging some of the hair peeking out of his hat.
@Templar

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
(Wow, I'm gonna have to catch up haha)

The girls seemed to notice them eavesdropping and stopped talking. The green Inkling was the first to turn around to see the pair of Inkling boys. "Intrigued huh?"she says getting up,"I don't utterly blame you. With everything goin' 'round, that Inkling girl is as good as forgotten to most." She then sees Marie getting closer to the middle deck before purple Inkling pipes up. "Hey, maybe we can get the Squid Sisters to give us a small concert,"she suggests,"That would boost morales like no tomorrow." The yellow and sky blue Inkling girls soon talk about the last Splatfest before this all happened.
Marie smiles gently and talks to the occasional Inkling that came close. She took a last bite of her sandwich before looking at the time. '
Callie's gonna be here any minute now,'she says to herself with a small chuckle,'She isn't gonna be happy about this but does it look like I care? Nope.' She could hear the machine whir from where she was. Any minute now.
@Templar @MacSmitty

Octa smiles and walks through the Flooder area with ease before finding Inklette looking for any other Inklings or Octolings that ended up stranded around here. She taps Inklette's right shoulder and the Inkling girl turns around.
"What is it Octa?"she asks calmly as if this is nothing unusual(because it's obviously not unusual),"Why did you bother looking for me?"
"
Inky,"Octa says and chuckles slightly seeing the Inkling tense up,"We're still a pair and we're both gonna make it out alive. Octarians are making upgrades on the Great Octo Weapons, everyone's going nice and easy, and in the end, everything's gonna be alright." A sigh was heard from the Inkling.
"
Please don't call me Inky, Octa,"Inklette says sniffing a little,"I don't like any of this and look at everything... I just want us Octarians and Inklings to live in peace." She soon turns around but soon Octa grabs Inklette's wrist and starts walking towards the base. They were silent the entire way and enter back inside the building.
@Aykorn

Last edited:

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Maxwell was about to reply to the yellow youth but that was when the girls turned to face the two of them. He gave an unseeable eyebrow raise to the first inkling after he heard what she said, then maybe it wasn't just him, makes sense all considering. He turned to face when the purple lady was facing, though realised the moment she said 'sisters' she was looking at Marie sitting in the middle deck. 'So she is talking to people. Then I'll shut up and be glad for her.' He didn't notice he was smiling again until he spoke up. "True, but as I told Tyler, those two look like they need time to deal with the situation themselves. Especially the world's favourite black haired celebrity..." He said the joke without the light hearted tone as his uplifted face didn't betray what was truly on his mind. "However, Marie does appear to be thinking about us, so maybe that concert isn't long away now." Maxwell didn't mean to have such a serious train of thought, but since his missing siblings harked in the back of his mind, optismism just wasn't going to be forefront.

"Also Tyler, I still need to know your weapons brother." He said lightly though loud enough for the teenager to hear him.
@MacSmitty @Inklette and Octa

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
"Looks like Callie's here,"the green Inkling says looking towards the machine as the doors opened slowly. Marie had also taken notice and looks at the door slowly. Callie had came in just as Marie predicted and she looked almost shocked that they were still having their 'lunch break.'
"
What is the meaning of this Marie?"Callie says looking at her cousin,"Why're they still on break?"
"
Like I said,"Marie says without expression,"They actually deserve their break. You can't expect the poor guys here to work around the clock with only eight hours to just sleep." The gray haired Inkling takes out a few crabby cakes from her lunchbox, takes one and hands it over to her black haired cousin. "You haven't eaten in a while either; have something." Callie sighs, defeated before sitting next to Marie and taking the crabby cake from her cousin's hands.
@MacSmitty @Templar

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
When he heard that Maxwell assumed break was going to over considering Callie reaction to the fact that they were even on a break in the first place, or at least be questionning of it in a slightly frustrated fashion. Though when he saw the black haired celebrity sigh and take the food, his eyes widened as he raised his cap slightly. "Well well, isn't Marie quite the talker. 'Didn't give our lady enough credit." He readjusted his hat after saying this so it shaded his bright green eyes once again. "Looks like those cousins are looking to return to their old selves." Maxwell whispered to the yellow inkling beside him as referenced to Tyler's previous question. He then turned to the four girls once again before continuing.

"Once this break is over, how does training work here? Do we practice shots or play actually matches?" Though while he said this he also wondered if there was an armoury here where they could just use their weapons, as the 23 year old couldn't carry round all the weapons he used regularly.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Well there's my Octobrush Nouveau." Tyler replies to Maxwell, slightly shaking at the fact that they were caught eavesdropping, but eventually stopped after a while.
"
I'm also a avid Shooter user, as well as a defensive sniper." He finishes, tugging some of the tufts of hair peeking out of his Squid Nordic. Noticing Callie arriving and giving a disgruntled facial expression at whatever Marie had told her, he watches as she starts to eat a crabby cake.
"
Ugh... I guess break will be over soon. Better head down to those training grounds..." He sighs, walking over to an edge in the Bluefin Depot.
@Templar @Inklette and Octa

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Maxwell listened to Tyler intently, though when he started walking off to training he just shook his head, realising the kid didn't get that their break had been extended by Marie. And even if it was over soon, if he was new like himself, where was he going? What if someone wanted to talk to them before they went down? Or maybe he did, but was actually itching to get started. Either way, Max wasn't done with him, so he had to follow him, therefore he turned to the female green and purple inkling to finish. "Sorry, looks like we're going down early, but I'd appreciate it if you came down with us as I still don't know the answers to my questions." Thus he still needed them answered.

And with that he started following behind Tyler before speaking. "Now before I ask whether you know where you're going considering they may want us to do something specific considering this is my first training session with the inklings here, there is one thing I will say before we get started: Focus on defense, hide and stay back with your weapons, watch your map, then jump the enemies as they come down from sides they wouldn't expect. Octobrush is brilliant for assasination, and chargers for holding locations. Its still important to know when to push, but holding a defense line means one thing. You can't lose, and if you don't lose, you got all the time in the world to win. And whatever you do, don't run up against anyone close range with a octobrush or a charger when you're in plain sight, you'll lose against any shooters, gals or rollers unless you have supreme skill." He knew that thing with the brush from personal experience and spectating so many ranked battles back in the day. With the Octobrush it is possible, but it is a brilliant way to lose, as every other weapon just seems to be better at it.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler stopped at the an edge of the second "floor" of Bluefin Depot. Turning to Maxwell, he gives him a confused look. "A couple of male Inklings told me that the newbies start on the lower levels of Bluefin. Um... we're still on break? Cause it seems like it..." he comments now noticing that Callie's arrival didn't stop the other Inklings from their activities.
Taking in Maxwells advice on how to make proper use of the Octobrush Nouveau he carried, he nods.
"
I'll keep your advice in mind when we start our training." He says determined, doing a fist pump with his right hand.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
"So you noticed. Yeah Marie seemed to talk Callie out of starting back up straight away. It's what made me comment on the grey haired sister's ability to talk." Maxwell answered to his question as he stopped beside him whil he looked over to remind himself of the Bluefin Depot map in its entirety. It felt like it been a while since he played on this stage as he thought about the locations of where its likely enemy chargers would stand. This in turn reminded him that they have a fair amount of presense on this map, despite the already great nuisance they can provide. As Maxwell listened in the corner of his eye he caught Tyler's fist pump, and had a smirk flash on his face before talking in his usual low voice. "Determination, I like it. Just always stay focused on the battlefield and improving. Even when things go wrong, just focus, and take a breather if you have to."

@MacSmitty

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
(Oh man, I have to look here more haha)

The four Inkling girls looked to the two males that went to the corner. They had a discussion before deciding that they would come with them. They got up brushing themselves off before looking towards the two. The green Inkling soon walked over with the other three following suit. When they get there, they sit down again a little over a foot away from them.
"Sit down,"the green Inkling says happily,"We'll teach you how everything works around here." You could probably tell that the green one was quite a few years older than the other three.
"
We'll tell you how we do everything as well,"the purple Inkling adds just as happily.
"
And our darling Marie always had a way with words,"the yellow Inkling says humming slightly,"She's a pretty good motivator which is why we still train today." The sky blue Inkling girl nods in agreement. Callie and Marie kept eating lunch and conversing between each other and the occasional Inkling that came by.
@Templar @MacSmitty

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
(Lol no worries, I just post a lot since I have a friend who posts so quick when it comes to RP, so now I have a habit of constantly checking for posts all the time. :P)

Maxwell turned his head slightly and looked back when he heard their footsteps, tapping Tyler as he did so, though he turned completely when he recognised the voice. He had noticed that the green inkling had an older 'air' about her, but he could only take an educated guess at her actual age. When she said about teaching them, he obliged to her and said down on the spot he stood on, leaning back on one hand with one leg out and other bent in. He got comfortable since to teach them everything could take a while. He looked between the three of them as they spoke, he couldn't help but notice the upbeat tone to their voices as he nodded to what the yellow one had to say.
"That would be much appreciated, truly." He added the 'truly', since he knew his fairly emotionless tone could be miss interpreted as he didn't care, even when he did. He didn't know if it was a habit of just not wanting to give away what he was thinking, or that his voice was just that low.

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
"Now,"the green Inkling says holding a finger up,"How training works here is simple. We are able to do matches with each other with a group of six or more. You just have to ask our lady Marie. When the preparations are complete, we are put into two teams and the battle in a Turf War. Heh." She had snickered a bit at Turf War noting how its the Second Great "Turf War." The purple Inkling sighs.
"
So, Turf War rules had changed since the war had begun,"the purple Inkling says to kind of finish whatever the green Inkling couldn't,"Turf Wars are indeed longer to accommodate how long the battles are estimated to be if we were sent to battle. You also only get three re-spawns because you would be in pretty bad shape if you were splatted by the Octarians three times. Turf Wars last six minutes by the way."
"
So how everything works out of training is also pretty simple,"the yellow Inkling says happily,"Most squid kids' weapons are held with Sheldon at Ammo Knights. The other three shopkeepers at Booyah Base are at Flounder Heights, safe from all attack. Why you may ask? Well, the two commanders of the Octarian side used to live there and Agent 3 was their parole squid. They refuse to attack there anyways so we get our sleep there as well."
"
So, we could actually take a small tour through their apartment after training's over,"The sky blue Inkling says at last,"The place looks like it belongs to a queen or something." Callie and Marie finished their lunch and smiled at each other slightly.
"
Listen up everyone!"Callie says standing up,"Break shall be over in five minutes!"
"
But this time this part of practice shall be different,"Marie adds,"We shall teach you a few skills of our own to add to your own skills. So hurry up and finish!" The Inklings had quickly started up a chatter of excitement and confusion.
@Templar @MacSmitty

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
"The rules makes sense... a lot of sense." Maxwell said in a voice which showed genuine respect. With 3 lives, not only will the players focus more on staying alive, but will be willing to take risks for the first life to practice being offensive and going behind enemies lines, as it may be required. Although he wondered how many games wouldn't be settled in the first 3 minutes, considering it was possible to wipe teams before the game was over.
"So Sheldon is still about? I need to talk to him about something." It was to do with having a map for the players, he knew that spectators could see it when watching Turf Wars from behind a screen, but the only time he saw a map when participating was when using in a Ink Strike. Which seeing where enemies ink could be massive to not getting ambushed from behind, or even knowing where they are going.
"Well thanks for the update, I-" That was when he heard the black squid sister call out, he looked up to the cousins with his ears perked through his short dreadlocks. 'So they are going to come down themselves? Interesting.' The green clad male thought as he leaned forwards and put a hand to his chin.

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
"The squid sisters are gonna teach us?"the green Inkling says, stars in her eyes,"We are gonna learn the tactics of the freshest Squid Sisters!" The girls soon chattered happily among themselves before the sky blue Inkling went to answer the other questions.
"
Sheldon isn't gonna take nothing for anyone as long as practice is going on,"she says with a small smile,"You'll have to wait... Um... Around three hours." Callie and Marie went off to find their weapons; Callie's was a Gold Dynamo Roller and Marie's was an E-Liter 3K Scope.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler took in the info said carefully placing a hand on his head as if doing a thinking pose. He heard Marie and Callie announce that they would soon be training with them, he got pumped... until he saw the Gold Dynamo Roller and the E-Liter 3K Scope. At the sight of the two most feared weapons, he let out a yell similar to ones heard on a Tom and Jerry cartoon, than immediately covered his mouth.
UGH!!!! Not those damn weapons again! He thought while twitching and shaking. How in the world am I going to take out an E-Liter and a Dynamo Roller with an Octobrush?!
@Inklette and Octa @Templar

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Maxwell smiled ever so slightly at the happy conversation going on between the girls about Callie and Marie before turning to the the young sky blue lady who was answering his questions.
"Its not urgent, so 3 hours is better than I thought, thus its only good news that I get to meet him so quickly." It was then that he looked over to Tyler when he heard the yelp with an eyebrow raised. He only understood when he saw the Squid Sisters' weapons and remembered the youth's Octobrush that he was currently holding. "Hiding and assassination my friend, don't forget." Although Maxwell couldn't lie the Dynamo and the E-Liter were wind up weapons in close range and long range respectively. Luckily with his weapon, if he can just play the keep away game with the splash wall, he can choose his encounters if he had to encounter them, especially with his decently range Heavy Splatling. "Either way, I'm looking forward to watching them, I imagine there will be a lot to learn here."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((Yeah whoops, i kinda post slow w/o reminders xP. Poke me if you need anything though))

Having essentially raided the dining area, Sonata slurped down an assortment of noodles and treats. The goal was to inhale everything edible, but she was midway through gulping down a baked good when she heard the commanders walked back inside. Quickly cramming the food in her mouth, Sonata roughly wiped her mouth to make herself more presentable. Not to mention... that was probably enough supplies depleted by her appetite.

Sonata got up to peek at the commanders from around a doorway. With her mouth still covered, Sonata paused to blink at the two.

...It was different to see an Inkling and Octling work so closely together. Walk into a door together, even command together. This teamwork made Sonata think of her own former squad and how she still didn't know where she fit into this new Octarian force.

Weird, this idleness was making her uneasy. What should she do? ...Say something?

Sonata glanced around, before loudly clearing her throat, hoping to catch the attention of Inklette and Octa.
(( @Inklette and Octa ))

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas stopped shaking at Maxwell's words of advice, but was still worried about the weapons. Since the E-Liter and Gold Dynamo on Bluefin put him at a clear disadvantage. Scowling, he clutched the Octobrush Nouveau that was strapped on his back thinking, If all else fails, I'll just have resort to bomb spam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom