• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Second Great Turf War (IC Thread)

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
((Ah fair play, don't worry bout it, I'll be looking forward to it. ;)))

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
//Woo, I am finally going to respond!

The four Inkling girls happily took out their weapons. The green Inkling took out a Jet Squelcher, the purple took out a Carbon Roller Deco, the yellow took out an Slosher Deco, and the sky blue took out a Kelp Splatterscope. "Now, what is our motto my darling friends?"the Green Inkling asks the other three with a smile.
"
One!"the purple Inkling says,"Always have a long range weapon!"
"
Two!"the yellow Inkling continues,"Always have a speedy, short-range partner too!"
"
Three!"the sky blue Inkling says after,"Always have your friends back!"
"
And always stay strong, even if the chances of success is bleak!"the green Inkling says afterwards,"Because... If they see ya' as quitters, they're gonna give up on you and no one needs a quitter on no one's team!" The girls cheered happily almost hinting that they used to be a squad before the war had started.
Judd, who had come from seemingly nowhere, walked up and blew a whistle.
"
Listen up my darling Inklings!"Callie says happily, holding her Gold Dynamo Roller over her shoulder,"Break is over!" The Inklings all hushed to complete silence.
"
The next three hours will be the combination of us teaching you our tactics and applying said tactics in Turf War,"Marie adds holding her E-Liter 3K Scope on the ground almost like some sort of cane,"Add them to your own tactics for more spice. Maybe, you'll actually get us splatted~"
@MacSmitty @Templar

Inklette and Octa quickly took notice of Sonata's throat clearing and looks over. "So, you seem to like eating,"Inklette says giggling,"You smell a whole lot like food." Octa smiles.
"We haven't formally known your name yet,"Octa says taking a whiff of the aroma of food that Sonata carried,"But we also haven't formally introduced ourselves. I'm Octa, the new Octarian commander after our King and DJ was killed. If I didn't get the courage to command the Octarians... Never mind, um, the Inklings are our enemy but our plan is not to exterminate them-"
"Hey, what about my turn?"Inklette says, abruptly interrupting Octa.
"Whoops, sorry!"Octa says with a chuckle,"My apologies~"
"Hehe, so my name is Inklette, the second in command for the Octarians,"Inklette says happily,"I've been with Octa ever since I was three and a half years old."
@Aykorn

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
After turning back to the four girls from Tyler, he heard their group pep talk and Maxwell just assumed they were, or currently are a squad. He found the motto to be interesting, and there were a fair few good points layered into it. Although he did strangely notice the green inkling didn't say 'four' before her line to follow the pattern of the others counting up numbers. It wasn't important, but he couldn't help but observe it. When the whistle blew he looked up to see the catt Judd but before he could comment the Squid Sisters started to talk. He raised his eyebrow under his cap at Marie's last line, it was a callout if he'd ever seen one.
"She say's maybe we'll actually splat them, but... What happens when we win?" He didn't move, which makes it look like it wasn't him that said. Here he was half joking and half serious, because despite their skills, he did actually plan on winning.

@MacSmitty @Inklette and Octa

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Hopefully it's something decent." replies Tyler. "It could be an autographed weapon, a new type of weapon. I hoping it could be a video game, or something. Maybe it could possibly be a date with the two." Tyler finishes rubbing the side of his head.
"
But the real question is, who's going to join Marie and Callie? Not to also mention us? A 2v4 wouldn't be fair, unless Callie and Marie are like those scarily good S+ players..." Tyler asks Maxwell.
@Templar @Inklette and Octa

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Maxwell realised Tyler thought he was asking if they actually got something, when Max was actually rhetorically asking how the cousins would react if they got beatenn. He said this as more of a morale booster for the Inklings surrounding him as it is actually possible they could just win, and he thought this true in his mind. Although his suggestions did earn the first laugh to come out of the dreadlock-haired inkling all day. "A date? Now that would be interesting. Though as to who's going to be their allies, that question did run through my mind too. Even if they are S+ level players, I've been in S rank before, even though I finished on A+, I have beaten S rank players in the past. We wouldn't lose a 2v4 against them, despite S+ being a higher position."

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"...How can that be? You're from the surface."

Sonata blinked for a moment, surprised at her own bluntness. But no, that is what she had meant to say. How could they have been.... together?

Sonata stiffly glanced at the floor. Her head was already swimming with questions.

Had that been out of line to ask? Or could it have be seen.... for what she was most perplexed about? How there was an inkling commander? Now that was definitely out of line to ask.

Sonata shook her head and decided not to dwell. Better to smooth it over by addressing the commanders and introducing herself. She stepped forward into their view ...trying to not be phased by their comments on her "food smell." This was a dining hall. Everything smelled like food. Food wasn't a bad scent.

"Octa. Inklette," she said. Pausing, Sonata brushed her one of her droopy tentacles out of her face to see a little clearer. ...Be seen a little more clearly.

"I'm Sonata. Elite of Octoling squadron C-01. Uh... former." Possibly? She wasn't actually sure where she stood now. Did she still retain her rank? Nggh, keep going. What else had she to say?

"...I'm at your service." Having lost a bit of steam, Sonata murmured, "... I can maintain octoweapons."
@Inklette and Octa

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
//I'm at my first period for five hours; good thing this is a computer class

The four girls were as silent as the night when they listened to the Squid Sisters which was almost odd because they were quite talkative. Callie and Marie continued after the chatters of some Inklings quieted.
"The prize for splatting us both is whatever the living Zapfish you want!"Callie says happily,"As long as it isn't something going around the line of getting into our pants."
Marie smiles slightly and readies her E-Liter, aiming her weapon to some distance before she took her shot and splatted an unaware Inkling who was talking. "
No talking dearies,"she says walking closer to the Inklings,"Are you guys ready?"
@MacSmitty @Templar

Inklette and Octa giggle slightly at the comment. "I was native born at the surface but I was left here,"Inklette explains,"Octarians attacked my original family and on their way away, they must've dropped me..." The turquoise Inkling's ears drooped slightly before raising again. "Luckily, Octa's father took me in and I've been here ever since." Octa smiles a bit more.
"
Ah, Sonata!"she says with some sort of an aha look,"I remember hearing the DJ talking tons about you when I visited his cell days before his murder. You guys were pretty good. Hmm... Maybe the rest of your squadron is here as well... Maybe they made it to safety here." You could tell that she does worry some about the members of the Octarian army.

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal

The four girls were as silent as the night when they listened to the Squid Sisters which was almost odd because they were quite talkative. Callie and Marie continued after the chatters of some Inklings quieted.
"The prize for splatting us both is whatever the living Zapfish you want!"Callie says happily,"As long as it isn't something going around the line of getting into our pants."
Marie smiles slightly and readies her E-Liter, aiming her weapon to some distance before she took her shot and splatted an unaware Inkling who was talking. "
No talking dearies,"she says walking closer to the Inklings,"Are you guys ready?"
@MacSmitty @Templar

Inklette and Octa giggle slightly at the comment. "I was native born at the surface but I was left here,"Inklette explains,"Octarians attacked my original family and on their way away, they must've dropped me..." The turquoise Inkling's ears drooped slightly before raising again. "Luckily, Octa's father took me in and I've been here ever since." Octa smiles a bit more.
"
Ah, Sonata!"she says with some sort of an aha look,"I remember hearing the DJ talking tons about you when I visited his cell days before his murder. You guys were pretty good. Hmm... Maybe the rest of your squadron is here as well... Maybe they made it to safety here." You could tell that she does worry some about the members of the Octarian army.
@Aykorn

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal

@MacSmitty @Templar

"
@Aykorn

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal

@MacSmitty @Templar

"
@Aykorn

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
((Need a mod to save this thread from the double post, joking its all good.))

Maxwell was surprised to say the least, he didn't actually expect there to be a prize, let alone the 'pants' joke from Callie, and just stayed silent contemplating everything that was just said. When the grey haired Squid Sister spoke up he did look over to where the splatted inkling was just standing, assuming that splatting people in this building didn't actually kill them. Though Maxwell was just confused by Marie's words which lead him to whisper under his breath. "Does she want us to answer her question or not talk?" After a long pause he shook his head and decided to bring out his heavy splatling and had it up vertically with his arms over it so it couldn't fall down. He was prepared and he took the time to watch Marie, to make sure she didn't shoot him, Maxwell did talk under his breath so chances are only Tyler could hear him, but he wasn't taking any chances.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((I'm laughing, but aah glitching sucks xP))

"Ah, you know my squad?" Sonata was a tad surprised. ...And somewhat happy, too?

It was true C-01 had built up a reputation so that made sense. Squad C-01, or as they had begun to call themselves, the Octoling CH01R, was an all girl squadron, and she had been one of the 4 Elites. The other 3? Her truest friends. One was an aristocratic octoling, the other a street recruit selected by C-01's leader. Then there was the leader herself, Sonata's older sister. She was the only one fit to lead C-01.

Together, they ran a squad that was efficient and capable, but to hear the DJ speak of herself and C-01 made something in Sonata's chest swell with pride. Something in her also ached to hear about the DJ's last days
With conviction, Sonata replied, "They've survived. The girls of the choir? We aren't so easily defeated." She hadn't heard from them, but this she knew. Remembering this, Sonata was starting to feel a bit more ...in place.

"So Octa's father took you in? I see," she said, showing a small, sure smile. "As the commanders, you have your work set out for you. ...What can I do?"

@Inklette and Octa

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler did not know what to think about the reward for beating the Squid Sisters, or the fact that Marie shot and splatted an unsuspecting Inkling. Responding to Maxwell, he whispers back, "I dunno. Let's just give her a blank stare and see what happens."
@Inklette and Octa @Templar

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
//Too lazy to do things on my phone haha~

Marie chuckles more and walks to where her trail ended. Marie used her Gold Dynamo Roller to make her path. It splatted three Inkling who were also unaware.
"Its too basic to remember where everything and everyone is,"Callie says swimming in her squid form to Marie,"Join a side, if you're more defensive, follow Marie."
"
And if its offensive you're good at,"Marie adds,"Then go with Callie." The Inklings start going towards where they were good at, including the four Inkling girls.
@MacSmitty @Templar

"Of course!"Octa says turning around,"Inklette, go with Sonata and find her mates(how Octa says friends sometimes). Then, I may consider her an official member of the new Octarian Legion with her mates~" Octa then walks back into her office, leaving Inklette and Sonata in the lobby.
"
Hopefully you didn't eat everything,"Inklette says looking into the cafeteria,"I can't do anything with an empty stomach~"
@Aykorn

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Sonata nervously scratched her cheek. She was being left alone with the Inkling commander? ...Truth be told, she was a lot more comfortable around Octa.

"I... hope so, too," Sonata replied. Maybe there was someone still around that could cook something new? If there was a chef, Sonata was hoping to get well acquainted with them as well. To start on the right foot. For... formalities sake, of course.

As they walked back into the cafeteria, Sonata was still curious.

"So... you're not from the surface," she confirmed. "I thought from the way you dressed..." No, Octa and Inklette both had gear that was outside of traditional Octarian robes or assigned armor. That assumption was valid.

Sonata kept trying to pin her thoughts. "You're fighting because... this is your home, too, then," she deduced. Sonata paused and blinked for a moment. "...This is the only place I've ever known," she said.

@Inklette and Octa

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
At first Maxwell was surprised Tyler was going for Callie considering his weapons, however he remembered that one: the Octobrush being an assassination focus weapon, he can still be offensive, he just needs to be more patient than the average inkling. Also two: Its a stereotype, but younger people would probably prefer attacking since it appears much more interesting to the player, plus commentators back during the ranked days would big up offensive plays, hence there is more chance of spotlight in the frontlines. Though once Maxwell realised he felt like he was starting to sound like the condensing old man down the road despite being young himself, he shook his head and just answered the 14 year old's question but not before pointing towards his heavy splatling.

"I'm going to Marie, the heavy splatling may as well be the definition of a support weapon, all defense and barely no offence to speak of." Maxwell then pulled up his weapon and placed it on his back, luckily he was tall enough that the large gun didn't scrap against the floor. "Good luck your side." With that he adjusted the cap on his head to shade his eyes again, stood up straight, then started walking over to his celebrity temporary teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom