• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Steven Universe thread.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
NOOOO WHY MUST IT BE SEPTEMBER????????????????????????? But seriously, cmon! I wanna see more episodes! (Just waiting for a Peridot and Jasper Fusion here)

Lugia

Inkling
NNID
pokr123e
I honestly can't wait for September. (Even though that's a few days away, huh.)
That's really the only thing I'm looking forward to because school is going to be a thing again.

Larkison

Inkling
NNID
Larkison
This show is the best thing ever but the wait between episodes is pure MADNESS!

I mean, rational, 'good things take time' madness, but still MADNESS I SAY.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
This is a great show. I think it's a weird blend of Adventure Time and Avatar, The Last Airbender. It has a focus on Steven growing as a person as well as strengthening his abilities and it also has that wacky Adventure Time vibe to some of the plots.

Connie is probably my favourite character with Garnet a close second but there's nobody I really dislike.

And boourns to anyone thinking Steven and his Dad don't look good. Greg is awesome

The episode release schedule is a bit bonkers but only a few more days now.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
So...about the latest episode "Nightmare Hospital"...

Things got really deep.

Well, it's not deep on the gem's sides of things, but between Connie and Mrs. Maheshwaren. I know the day would come, Connie had to tell her mother at one point, I just didn't know it would come so soon. I feel like things would've been more humorous if Connie told his dad and I would've probably laughed so hard at his reaction, I dunno why but I feel it.

HarleyHyena

Inkling
NNID
HarleyHyena
I didn't start watching it till I saw an episode one day and fell in love and just... Watched all the episodes. Now I wait for them to come out haha. This new episode made me squeeee though... Cute little Peridot ;3;

L95

Inkling
Not new to SU, but I just decided to seek out this thread. Love the show, can't wait for the next episode~ (of course, ahaha)

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Not new to SU, but I just decided to seek out this thread. Love the show, can't wait for the next episode~ (of course, ahaha)
Yea! Remember guys that one episode where Steven said

"Goodnight bedtime dolls. Goodnight Savvy Cat. Goodnight Omnious Triangle at the foot of my bed." I laughed so hard XD

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
Time to bump this thread again

I absolutely love Steven Universe. It's one of my favorite shows airing on Cartoon Network (along with We Bare Bears) and I've been watching every episode since the pilot. Pearl is my favorite character, she reminds me a lot of myself, and my birthstone is also a Pearl :D

That being said, I agree that the fandom is horrible. I haven't seen firsthand what they're like on Tumblr, but seeing the screenshots and hearing the stories makes me very concerned; there are people who are interested in the show but don't bother watching for fear they will end up like the fandom.

Celeste

Inkling
NNID
Celestefey
Pearl is my favorite character, she reminds me a lot of myself, and my birthstone is also a Pearl :D

That being said, I agree that the fandom is horrible. I haven't seen firsthand what they're like on Tumblr, but seeing the screenshots and hearing the stories makes me very concerned; there are people who are interested in the show but don't bother watching for fear they will end up like the fandom.
Pearl is the best! She's always been my favourite gem, even when I started watching. When my friend convinced me to watch it, he said he knew I'd like Pearl. I guess I'm just attracted to characters like her. But honestly I think she's had the best character development out of anyone in the show, she's come so far. I feel like a proud mother. x3

My birthstone is Emerald though. Surprised we haven't seen an Emerald gem yet but maybe we will soon! That would be so cool.

To be honest though it's so silly to base your judgment or opinion of a TV show or game or whatever on a fanbase. I know it's so easy to do, in fact I do it subconsciously sometimes, too, but just because an unfortunate minority ruin the entire fanbase, does not actually mean the show is bad, you know? I've only ever really met nice Steven Universe fans, I suppose because I just avoid the bad side of it, but it's just been lovely chatting to those people and discussing the show with them. :p

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
To be honest though it's so silly to base your judgment or opinion of a TV show or game or whatever on a fanbase. I know it's so easy to do, in fact I do it subconsciously sometimes, too, but just because an unfortunate minority ruin the entire fanbase, does not actually mean the show is bad, you know? I've only ever really met nice Steven Universe fans, I suppose because I just avoid the bad side of it, but it's just been lovely chatting to those people and discussing the show with them. :p
Oh definitely! And some of the theories they come up with are very interesting. It's wonderful how far this show has come since the pilot :D

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
what even is this stevenbomb rubbish
it was cool the first few times they did it, now it's lost the novelty and is just plain annoying
As for the whole "cancerous fandom" business, I can't say I know much about that considering I just watch the show and rarely get involved in the fandom's affairs. I don't like when people don't watch a show just because of its fandom, though; nobody ever said they have to be a member of said fandom, they can just watch the show.

mark (>*.*)>

Inkling
NNID
mttmercado
i can't wait to see more jasper! there has to be significant backstory for her and her color scheme, also with the most recent steven bomb we have been seeing more pearls, being blue diamond pearl and yellow diamonds, so hopefully foreshadowing a pearl back story soon,but really pretty much every episode that comes out is enjoyable!

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
Oh my gosh I hope this thread isn't dead. I need to talk to people about SU, because waiting a week between each current episode is killing me!

As for "best gem" I'd say Rose Quartz. I also like Amethyst : D

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
The hiatus probably killed the thread for a while
I'm all for reviving this thread simply for further discussion
I'm so upset that lapis is pretty much a huge jerk as of right now but I hope she'll get better over time

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
The hiatus probably killed the thread for a while
I'm all for reviving this thread simply for further discussion
I'm so upset that lapis is pretty much a huge jerk as of right now but I hope she'll get better over time

yeahhhh I agree. I mean, I understand why Lapis is so upset, but dammit, Peridot was really trying! Especially by giving up her tape recorder!

Also all the Rubies were adorable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom