• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The TOP 5 ANYTHING Thread

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
How do you have haunt and not cold blood? Haunt helps your team if you die, but cold blood helps you not die anyways!
well good point. but i liked haunt since i played the game, so maybe thats the reason. and i like it even more know because you get the buffs.
One time i was running comeback haunt and quick respawn. and i respawned and i got echo'd, that was so much fun
But cold blooded is super good too!

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Top 5 Pokémon Generations

1. Gen V
2. Gen I
3. Gen IV
4. Gen II
5. Gen VI

Top 5 Splatoon weapons (preference-wise)

1. Bamboozler 14 MK II
2. N-Zap '89
3. Zink Mini Splatling
4. N-Zap '85
5. Neo Splash-o-matic

Last edited:

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Just to get an idea of the timeline of the new universe, when is Jojolion set? Isn't it around the same time as Diamond in the old universe??

I've seen it! I know fans are often divided between "Diamond is slow paced" and "Diamond is the most brilliant part of them all" and I lean toward the former but I think the anime will make me appreciate it a lot more... especially considering I read the Duwang scans years ago and havent revisited it since (like 2009 or so...)
But yeah, I also think Diamond is Araki's personal fav, if only for Rohan's existence xD I'm very excited to see it animated. Didnt know it was coming out next week though!!
Jojolion happens in 2011 "new-era" (same as Stone Ocean "old-era", maybe that date of destiny will happen), Diamond happens in 1999 "old-era".

Yes, it's Araki favorite, at least some years ago. Josuke is gemini, likes Prince and such things Araki does too. Ummm.. don't know about scans, until Steel Ball Run I only read from the japanese volumes I buy, I had to wait several months for it to arrive. Now I'm reading jojolion scans while waiting for my volumes to arrive at home :D

Rohan's a very important character for Jojo Universe, he has many interesting side stories, I suggest you to read one of those :D

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Top 5 Pokémon Generations

1. Gen V
2. Gen I
3. Gen IV
4. Gen II
5. Gen VI

Top 5 Splatoon weapons (preference-wise)

1. Bamboozler 14 MK II
2. N-Zap '89
3. Zink Mini Splatling
4. N-Zap '85
5. Neo Splash-o-matic
Cool!! I love Gen V as well. Mine might look something like this.
1. Gen II
2. Gen IV
3. Gen V
4. Gen I
5. Gen III
6. Gen VI

The first three are a hard toss up. GS having two regions and some of the best regional pokemon steals it for me. Also, it added the largest amount of content compared to its predecessor. It was a monster of a game. Ahead of its time IMO. Gen IV just barely steals #2 from V, because I spent so much time completing my Pokedex on it. I just have a personal fondness for it. And while I share that fondness with Gen I, I have to stick V above it because I cant ignore the fact that it had by far the most mature and interesting plot. III was just a disappointment compared to what II brought to the table, and I view Gen VI as a novelty gen to introduce 3D models while the rest of the game is lifeless and lazy. Pointless story, weak roster of Pokemon, lazy mega Evos in lieu of new designs, pretty but unimmersive region.

Although there are many factors that go into each game, so if I had to rank the Gens solely on the Pokemon species introduced, it would probably go something like this: Gen II, Gen I, Gen V, Gen III, Gen IV, Gen VI

As for Splatoon, 4 of them are in my sig, but:
1. Splattershot Jr
2. .52 Gal
3. Luna Blaster Neo
4. Aerospray RG
5. maybe Jet Squelcher or Krak-On Roller... or Splattershot Pro, or.........

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Top 5 Book Series(That I can recall)(This changes like crazy)
Keeper of the Lost Cities(Shannon Messenger please finish Lodestar!)
Maximum Ride
City of Ember
The Planet Thieves
The Lost Planet

My memory kinda sucks, but these are my top 5 of the series I remember

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
Top five Pokémon generations:

1. Gen VI
2. Gen IV
3. Gen V
4. Gen III
5. Gen I or Gen II are interchangeable

I had to take the nostalgia goggles off to really decide which generations I feel are the best. I feel Gen VI is the best because although it only introduced seventy-something new Pokes into the series there were a lot of new typings that were introduced, or Pokes that have a niche in competitive play. It really feels like Game Freak payed extra attention to making sure this was the case for Gen VI.

Gen V used to be a lot lower on the list for me. I used to HATE Gen V with a burning passion. One word, 'Conkeldurr'. But the more I began researching Pokes from that generation and breed quite a few of them, the more I realised that there are some absolute gems in Gen V. I think Darmanitan has to be my absolute favourite Pokémon of all time.

Top 5 favourite Pokémon typings:

1. Fairy
2-5. All the other types

I have a bit of an obsession with Fairy-types. In my opinion it is by far the best typing in the games, and probably why Gen VI is the best generation. It's a typing that offers everything, from immense offensive threats, to walls, to some of the best support 'mons in the game. You'd struggle to find a Fairy-type that you could bad.

I'm a member of a Pokémon group on Facebook and for fun we started our own Pokémon League. I became a Gym Leader as my Fairy-type team is pretty brutal.

If any of you Pokémon fans have ORAS and would like to battle, I'm game.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I have a bit of an obsession with Fairy-types. In my opinion it is by far the best typing in the games, and probably why Gen VI is the best generation. It's a typing that offers everything, from immense offensive threats, to walls, to some of the best support 'mons in the game. You'd struggle to find a Fairy-type that you could bad.
Water type? It has Azumarill as a Bulky offensive threat, Assault Vest, Bdrum, Choice Band. It has Suicune for walls. And Rotom-Wash for support.
And it isn't the best typing by far, its like you forgot: Water, Steel, and Dark. These are much better typing is general to be honest. But Fairy is great as well and a great addition to the game.

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
Water type? It has Azumarill as a Bulky offensive threat, Assault Vest, Bdrum, Choice Band. It has Suicune for walls. And Rotom-Wash for support.
And it isn't the best typing by far, its like you forgot: Water, Steel, and Dark. These are much better typing is general to be honest. But Fairy is great as well and a great addition to the game.
To be fair though the Water-type is the most common typing in the game, so of course there are going to be some excellent Pokémon with that typing.

Azumarill is another reason why the Fairy-type is so excellent! I knew Azumarill would become a monster when it was announced Marill was going to be retconned to be part Fairy just before XY came out. I typically like to run mine Banded but Belly Drum Azumarill is so powerful. Belly Drum, Huge Power priority Aqua Jet is absolutely OP.

Steel is another great typing, but I think the reason it's so good now is because it counters Fairy :D. I don't feel like Steel is that varied in the types of roles the Pokes typically fill in a team. I do love Pokémon like Excadrill and Ferrothorn, and of course Mawile and Klefki :P.

I don't really rate Dark-types to be honest. Like Steel they seem to typically only fill one kind of role in teams, and that's fast but really frail attacking Pokémon; Weavile and Bisharp spring to mind. I helped one of the Gym Leaders in that group I mentioned refine his Dark-type team as it wasn't properly bred or anything, and it was really difficult to make a balanced and well-rounded team. You've pretty much got to rely on Umbreon for any kind of bulk. Of course you're not always trying to build a mono-type team but it's how I get a measure for how good a typing is on the whole.

But don't get me started on Darkrai. It's the most annoying one trick pony Pokémon of all time.

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
You are all way more competitive about pokémon than I ever was. I just use pokémon with moves that deal high damage :p
Haha yeah, Pokémon is kinda my first love :p. I find it way too easy to get carried away talking about it. You should see how me and a few of my real life friends get around the time of the World Championships. It drives my girlfriend nuts.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I like to talk competitive Pokemon with people, and I know a good deal about the meta, but I'd be lying if I said I was any good at actually playing. So I'm kinda like @Anaru , and my favorite part of Pokemon games is the exploration and collecting. ^^

But wow, @Cake or Death your Pokemon list is like total opposite mine. I can understand the nostalgia goggles thing for Gen I. RBY are rough around the edges... but I think GS have held up VERY well over the years. Of course, HGSS improves upon them in just about every way, so they'd naturally be the definitive version, but still, lowest???? D: Gen II brought so many staples to the series in terms of battle mechanics, typing, and miscellaneous (genders/breeding, post-game content, night/day, female protag...)

Haha anyway thats my opinion. not trying to diss yours ^^

I'll just throw in another top 5 just to keep on topic (we can keep discussing Pokemon though haha)

TOP 5 GYM LEADERS????
-Sabrina
-Winona
-Elese
-Erica
-CRASHER WAKE

these are just kinda off the top of my head, I really can't remember a lot of them. xD

oh hell i'll do Top 5 Pokemon League Trainers too:
-CYNTHIA
-Lorelei
-Diantha
-Drasna
-Shauntal

maybe i am a little gender biased?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom