The Water Hazard

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
yeah that would be cool. Maybe the windbox would just be a secondary part of the grenade, in which the primary ability spurts straight rows of ink in the cardinal directions or something.
That works quite well actually. If a player is too close to the grenade when it detonates, they'll be splattered, but if they're not quite close enough for an instant-splat, the AoE of the grenade could just knock them back.

I would love to push people into the water via some knockback. Especially if I throw a grenade, someone tries to run away but they're still in range for that knockback and then they take a nice dive into the water. I don't think pushing people into water will ever get old. In Splatoon that is. Don't do that in real life, people.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
That works quite well actually. If a player is too close to the grenade when it detonates, they'll be splattered, but if they're not quite close enough for an instant-splat, the AoE of the grenade could just knock them back.

I would love to push people into the water via some knockback. Especially if I throw a grenade, someone tries to run away but they're still in range for that knockback and then they take a nice dive into the water. I don't think pushing people into water will ever get old. In Splatoon that is. Don't do that in real life, people.
But that is fun too...
Anyways, yeah, that would be cool.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
As @TeddyBearYoshi stated, unless we're having fat water monsters warp onto the field every 20 seconds, completely disrupting the flow of the fight just by being there, water is gonna be more of an after thought than an active issue needing to be addressed.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
personally, im more interested in what this implies about what the inklings are. the fact that they dissolve like salt when they enter water seems to imply to me that they are some kind of ink-like substance come to life. (I know that ink is hydrophobic, so it wouldn't dissolve, I just couldn't think of a better way to word my thoughts)
I think so too! Especially with how they shake themselves off at match starts, can change their own color, and sink fully into thin layers of ink as squids, when we have seen them have width when people have gone squid on dry ground. It would also explain why their own color of ink doesn't hinder them, but other colors make them get stuck like tar. It makes me think of that old flavor text for Vaporeon, where they talk about how it can dissolve itself into water even though it is a living creature.

Geistbox

Full Squid
I love the idea a lot. The game already has hazardous terrain in the form of enemy ink but having this non-discriminate terrain can add another level of strategy in terms of baiting and risk vs reward. Plus, the whole idea of the Squids not tolerating water is a kind of unique, if cute way of handling the concept.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I'm not in favor of this. There's no point in knockback on some stages. Just seems kinda useless to me, as well as the worry over water hazards. It's the same as falling off in Saltspray Rig. It'll hardly happen unless you have bad platforming skills.

The bridges on camp trigger fish could make for interesting choke points if the other team has no ink to super jump to on the other side.
And now I'm imagining a stealth mission where one has to sneak onto the other side and sabotage the enemy. Me likey :)
You super jump to teammates, not ink.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
As @TeddyBearYoshi stated, unless we're having fat water monsters warp onto the field every 20 seconds, completely disrupting the flow of the fight just by being there, water is gonna be more of an after thought than an active issue needing to be addressed.
I wouldn't mind fat water monsters, they are the best kind of water monsters! But yeah, it's probably not going to be an issue. :P

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I will say, I do like the use of water in Anowowa mall. Normally going higher lets you have a better vantage point. However, the upper path is made up of the steel grates. If you become a squid on these steel grates, you fall through, in some cases into the water!

So you have to exchange mobility for having better views and easier access to other areas.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I will say, I do like the use of water in Anowowa mall. Normally going higher lets you have a better vantage point. However, the upper path is made up of the steel grates. If you become a squid on these steel grates, you fall through, in some cases into the water!

So you have to exchange mobility for having better views and easier access to other areas.
Arowana*, sorry I can't help it....

On the sides of the central point of Arowana Mall (the part that's right next to the water,) you can shoot ink on the side of it and hide in it, then swim and jump over to the other side. Just a neat, sneaky way to get around the place.

Protom

Pro Squid
I'm not in favor of this. There's no point in knockback on some stages. Just seems kinda useless to me, as well as the worry over water hazards. It's the same as falling off in Saltspray Rig. It'll hardly happen unless you have bad platforming skills.

You super jump to teammates, not ink.
Oh. Wow. All this time I believed..
Ok then. Idiot me xD
Game comes out in a month and I don't know that.. :confused:

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
I'm all for it. Map hazards make things more fun. Mario kart would be so boring without any map hazards. Also the water is a nice visual. I like water and I like plants, throwing them in there to break up the industrial setting, is always nice.

I also find it an appropriate hazard since I guess they are entirely ink based instead of water based.

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
I love the water hazards, I hope to see more hazards in the future. imo the game would get boring after a while with nothing to spice it up

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
that would be interesting, if a little gruesome should fall in the "lava"

Green inker

Full Squid
NNID
sonimario2000
I can see some pressuring in this map. Here's what I mean, there seems to be no walls so you can force the opponent back into the water if there not careful...I hope that made sense.

Protom

Pro Squid
Bridges that go across such water could make for an excellent sniper target area, or could get demolished by rollers if they're really narrow..
Me likey..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom