The Water Hazard

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
the reason people are differentiating it from the others is probably the fact that they dissolve in water (so in other words the animation)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, there doesn't seem to actually be cliffs in this game, (that I can tell), but water can actually be placed pretty uniquely unlike a cliff.

We are discussing the idea of a water hazard because of all the things they can potentially do with it.

They could make moats, they could make small traps you fall into, they could make it spray out.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Well, there doesn't seem to actually be cliffs in this game, (that I can tell), but water can actually be placed pretty uniquely unlike a cliff.

We are discussing the idea of a water hazard because of all the things they can potentially do with it.

They could make moats, they could make small traps you fall into, they could make it spray out.
I don't know about making it spray out, but moats and traps sound nice. Maybe you'd have to think of a reative way to get over them.

Kiri

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mallowy
Ignoring the fact that these sea creatures can't swim
No see, obviously they're highly evolved Landsquid, whose DNA has bonded with ink so thoroughly that not only do they not need water, but it's straight up dangerous to them. All glory to the Landsquid.

But yeah no water hazards seem really fun and a good way to add obstacles while keeping aesthetics nice.

What do you think the inkling equivalent to water parks are though?

Unknownkid

Inkster Jr.
Since Water is a hazard, it makes you wonder how dangerous the RainMaker going to be? Especially if it rain down water like Cats and Dogs.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Since Water is a hazard, it makes you wonder how dangerous the RainMaker going to be? Especially if it rain down water like Cats and Dogs.
I definetely look forward to this, and dread it at the same time.
Its probably a hazard that washes away a certain section of the map from ink, and the inkling as well if it's far worse than that.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, that is true, rainmaker could be used with water. Though, I'm more in the camp that is it's own thing-like weapon then has much to do with the concept of a water hazard. But again, that mode is certainly mysterious, and speculating on it is fun.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
I don't see Water Hazards being too important or affecting gameplay to much. To me it just acts like a wall that you can shoot through lol.

Now walls are important, as someone said, bridges could act as a chokepoint that would be important to capture, but again walls and pathways do the same thing.

I think water is purely a cosmetic feature (even though it can kill you, most of the time it wont, so it acts as a wall).

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
Unless dlc maps have floods or pipes that shoot water or something the water is no different than a bottomless pit. Plenty of shooters have death pits to fall in.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Apart from the irony of squid drowning in water, i really like the idea of the hazard being there. It certainly adds a bit of variety to the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom