• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "What do I use with this weapon?" Build Compendium

Xeze

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XezeMaster
An updated build for the Neo Sploosh-o-matic.

Squid Nordic (No picture) :ability_comeback: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: OR Noise Cancelers :head_hdp002: :ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Squidstar Waistcoat (No picture) :ability_coldblooded: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Choco Clogs :shoes_sdl001: :ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

The amount of Quick Respawn in this build allows for a respawn time of less than 6.40 seconds. Since this weapon is focused on close-combat, you're gonna get splatted and (hopefully) trade a lot. While the Squid Nordic allows to get more Krakens (and better mobility) after respawning, the Noise Cancelers give you longer Krakens, which is relevant after the recent duration nerf. Cold Blooded is useful as the Neo Sploosh works well with surprise attacks. Swim Speed is arguably the most important ability for this weapon and also increases the speed of your Krakens.

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Hey everyone who has contributed to this thread:

I've really cut down on my playtime in this game, as it was causing too much anxiety. I didn't even play the last splatfest. I'm probably not going to be updating this thread anymore, so if someone wants to take over the builds, I'm totally cool with that. If you think that just posting new builds here works, I'm cool with that too.

Good luck everyone! Thanks for all the good times!

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
@SupaTim For Zimi,

For users that don't edit, Octoling Goggles are good for scumming, and if you don't edit or scum, Camo Mesh is the best natural hat, especially if you get some combination of ISS, swim, run, and bomb range. You only require one sub of ISS.

You can easily omit one main of bomb range for things like haunt, comeback, ink resist, swim speed, etc on most maps.

Last edited:

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i started using splat rollers (vanilla mostly) and since i had close to zero experience with the weapon class i decided to check this thread...

but there's really not much here to be said about the weapon.

any good rollers have any tips for good abilities on the weapon?
for reference, i'm currently running:
:head_cap000::ability_bombrange:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:*
:clothes_tel008::ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

*(technically i only have two quick respawns on this cap idrc about the quick respawn much. i generally die less than my teammates from all my time on squiffer -- but literally all the hats i like in this game favor quick respawn so w/e)

Sam2123

Inkling
Let me recommend some stuff......
Splattershot Jr.
:head_cap001::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:clothes_tes010::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:shoes_slp002::ability_defenseup::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_defenseup:
This build allows the Jr to be able to approach and retreat from enemies very quickly, and a difficult target to hit. The defense up counters things like eliters and .52 gals, making them have to charge up longer or force another shot to kill. The sub saver help with the splat bomb ink manganent.
Tentetek:
:head_first::ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage::ability_inksaversub::ability_damage:
:clothes_tes010::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:shoes_sdl000::ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
This setup doesn't use as much damage as most splattershot kits, but has lots of movement. The amount of damage allows for a 3 shot on one defense up main users, and sub saver and ink recovery helps with suction bombs. The run speed and swim speed is important as you can strafe around opponents to take em out.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel

I disagree with the tri-slosher set up.
:ability_bombrange:
:ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_inksavermain:
Imo these three are the most important.

It's just too easy to charge up your max bubbler without any special charge up already.

For variable abilities:
:ability_bombrange:At most 1 main (3 subs)
:ability_inkrecovery: As much as possible
:ability_inksavermain: As much as possible

For main-only abilities, I think we benefit from:
:ability_inkresistance: Helps with running away when your route's been cut off by longer range weapons.
:ability_recon: Always great to get an idea from respawn of where your enemies are so you can quickly beeline to where you're needed.

Less important but not detrimental (if you lack pure or shiny gear)
:ability_swimspeed: Speed is very important
:ability_specialcharge: Not necessary but no harm done. Far better than special duration up and special saver. It might even save your careless butt a few times.

And please avoid:
:ability_damage: Tri-slosher is always a two hit kill. Also always try to use the maximum range of the weapon.
:ability_ninjasquid: Debatable, but I think the speed loss is too great for the stealth. Tri-slosher benefits immensely from first and early strikes.
:ability_specialsaver: Special duration and special charge up outrank this entirely. Tri-slosher has 60% loss at death. If someone is going to kill you and you can use the bubbler, for Callie's sake use it! Don't let it go to waste! Even if you only have to reposition, it's better to use it and survive for your team than to lose it.
:ability_specialduration: Also a waste. I argue that having multiple instances of bubbler far outranks having a longer lasting single instance of bubbler. If you find your bubbler is running short on you too early, you're simply using it too early. Better to have it charge faster, or approach differently or not at all.
:ability_runspeed: Sloshers walk speed does not increase form this ability (while attacking, iirc)

No drawbacks from these. but it may be a trade off.
:ability_tenacity::ability_quickrespawn::ability_comeback:

And finally:
:ability_inksaversub: I have tried using this a bunch. Imo it's not worth it compared to Ink Saver main and ink recovery up. The primary benefit of this ability is to increase the number of shots you have after you throw your distruptor, however, every ink-saver main increases your number of shots by a quantity greater than every ink-saver sub. Don't get more than 1 main or 3 subs of this ability if you really want to wear those school boots:)

If you find you won't have enough ink to battle after throwing a distruptor, just flee or circle around in your ink to prepare for a strike, or do an instant-refill with your Bubbler. If you give yourself enough defensive territory (territory to retreat to and territory to separate you from your opponents, then you should be fine, and your bubbler will charge up more quickly too.

I don't have any specific gear in mind, as most people don't have pure/shiny gear, best to just find the ones that match these.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom