• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The worst map...EVER!!!

Efuramu

Inkling
NNID
FireEmblemGamer
Piranha Pit is by far one of the worst maps for me. To me, it feels as if it was only made for TW. In ranked, you barely ever use the lower areas at the ends of the stage. The battle is focused on the center area of the map and I feel as if half of the map isn’t used unless you are chasing someone who happens to go toward the lower part of the stage. Piranha Pit TC feels so condensed and boring. The track that the tower must go around makes playing against blasters scarier than it should be. Another complaint I have is that it is extremely easy to die in the first 10 seconds that you spawn in whenever the tower is being pushed by the opposing team. Piranha Pit TC feels like it was made for Blasters (Luna and Range, especially) and I hate fighting those.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Piranha Pit is by far one of the worst maps for me. To me, it feels as if it was only made for TW. In ranked, you barely ever use the lower areas at the ends of the stage. The battle is focused on the center area of the map and I feel as if half of the map isn’t used unless you are chasing someone who happens to go toward the lower part of the stage. Piranha Pit TC feels so condensed and boring. The track that the tower must go around makes playing against blasters scarier than it should be. Another complaint I have is that it is extremely easy to die in the first 10 seconds that you spawn in whenever the tower is being pushed by the opposing team. Piranha Pit TC feels like it was made for Blasters (Luna and Range, especially) and I hate fighting those.
I undertand what you saying, however for Splatzones those lower levels are used...for turf so you can get your special. If you get behind an enemy zone you can also set up beacons and those will work very well.

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
Agreed

MoonLover101

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RetroNesW3
Rainmaker for Moray Towers is саппEг like I'm not joking its C>.>ER.
First, you burst maker
Secondly, You must grab it, but make sure someone is helping you get a better distance
Third, Go up the broken 44- >.> ever number it gets you and repeat steps 1-3, BUT YOU CAN'T FORGET STEP 4!
Camping

MoonLover101

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RetroNesW3
Now enjoy your easy win. Great job! (not, but you can get my 2-5 points for all the hard work specifically S-S+ (again not).
Next match -5 points

Cabbage

Inkling
As someone who uses nothing but short-range weapons, I hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE Moray Towers. Every time I go there, I can't help but wonder why they didn't just call it E-Liters: The Map, because that's what it is.

I also hate Walleye Warehouse, just because of that ONE. STUPID. UNINKABLE. RAMP. Every time I step on it, whether I'm escaping from an enemy or entering the battle after dying, the entire enemy team is waiting for me, and I die instantly and can do nothing about it because it's impossible to move around on the stupid thing.

I hate Arowana Mall, too, because of the sniper perches that are impossible to reach and the random water that I always forget is there.

Now that I think about it, the only map I don't hate in some way is Flounder Heights.

Last edited:

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
my least favorite mode ever is moray towers and SZ. everytime i see it come up, make a B-line to any other mode but ranked just to avoid it.
as for the map i hate in total altogether, that would have to be suicide resort. every bloody match, i swear i find myself falling in parts of the map i shouldn't be falling through. plus i just don't gel with the map, no matter what mode it is.

saltspray is not far behind, since its only playable modes are pure asinine. sure the two modes are broken, but at least they are fun. but rig as it is now, it's just a bad time for me.

mar¡

Inkling
I don't like the skatepark or the depot. Taking back turf is pretty difficult depending on your team's weapon makeup *coughshortrangecough*. The sides of the map to enter the main pillar are too narrow and short to have any vantage for a comeback.

The depot is similar. There are only two entrances to the main area, which are easily guarded by a sniper or other long range weapon. Ever a roller has enough time to notice and attack an enemy. Not enough strategic variety.

Just talking about turf war.

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Moray Towers (which has already been revealed to be in Spla2n) and Hammerhead Bridge. Moray Towers is just that one map that even though there are two in the rotation, it always shows up and is also the worst map for Splat Zones, not to mention is notorious for E-Liters and Splatterscopes to just pick you off one by one because of how the map is designed. As for Hammerhead Bridge, it just feels AWFUL to play! I hate the layout of it, how easy it is to fall through the grates and how non-newbie friendly trying to traverse the map without getting stuck or ambushed it is. This is a map where you'll want to spend a lot of time in recon mode practicing and trying to find the most optimal route for flanking, cause that will happen to you a lot

Apenknul

Inkling
NNID
Apenknul
Moray Towers and Mahi Mahi Resort. When first revealed, I thought Moray Towers could be cool, but all the time I played it, there's always a sniper on the other side, which is difficult to splat.

As for Mahi Mahi Resort, I really don't like the changing water level, and the fact that it is so plain looking to me. Look at Walleye Warehouse and Flounder Heights, my 2 favourite stages, they don't look so dull as Mahi Mahi Resort in my eyes.

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Piranha Pit is by far one of the worst maps for me. To me, it feels as if it was only made for TW. In ranked, you barely ever use the lower areas at the ends of the stage. The battle is focused on the center area of the map and I feel as if half of the map isn’t used unless you are chasing someone who happens to go toward the lower part of the stage.
I don't even know how well it works for Turf War either, since huge areas are just so out of the way. Piranha Pit just has a weird design in general. I much prefer maps where everything's a bit more lined up, like, well, every other map in the game. -_-

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Flounder heights and urchin underpass. They just feel too cramped.

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
List:
1. Piranha Pit (Best)
2. Flounder Heights
3. Arowana Mall
4. Kelp Dome
5. Urchin Underpass
6. Camp Triggerfish
7. Moray Towers