• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

They can't be trusted with this technology! They'd go around shooting everything!; Kid Icarus Social

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Kid Icarus to me, is what originally got me into the shooter genre in the first place. Just like Splatoon, it was a new IP that brought something special; crazy weapons, a crazy control scheme, and a focus on the multiplayer aspect.
It was always fun to just combine new weapons and see what combinations worked out. Hopefully this game will bring out the same feeling again.

BTW, What was your favourite weapon in KI:U?
I have a Raptor Claws with +4 Speed.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Cool, my favourite weapon is the Midnight Palm + Shot Homing + Dash Cont Fire.

Anyone else remember the Magnus Club + Dash Shot hype back when KI:U released?
It kinda reminded me the Roller in this game, especially how the dynamo just one-shots people.

Homer Fanboy

Inkling
NNID
iamagrocerybag
Uprising is one of my favorite games ever! It introduced me to my favorite female gaming character(sorry Samus! :( ), and definitely Top 5 favorites overall. Palutena is so awesome. All the characters are really fleshed out and have a nice design, but Palutena is my favorite. So glad she's in Smash.

luigisly

Full Squid
Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. As for my favorite weapon I have this ridiculously cheesy set of hedgehog claws. Has no stars in melee and half a star in ranged, but it was overall defense +7 petrification +4 and health +3 along with a few other random things. 297 value. Would never die online with some armor powers and it took a year to kill someone especially with petrification, but it always got the job done.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Uprising had a great single player, but the multiplayer had so many problems it pissed me off.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Uprising had a great single player, but the multiplayer had so many problems it pissed me off.
Really? Like what? Besides the overpowered weapons, for me it was generally a great experience.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Really? Like what? Besides the overpowered weapons, for me it was generally a great experience.
The weapons were the problem. I would rather be outplayed by the person, not the weapon they had.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
The weapons were the problem. I would rather be outplayed by the person, not the weapon they had.
Yeah, there were alot cheap weapons in the beginning and it was generally hard to get into the fusing aspect. But you know, once you find that right weapon and set-up for you, it felt really great to just completely dominate them. Have you tried all the weapons in the game yet?

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Yeah, there were alot cheap weapons in the beginning and it was generally hard to get into the fusing aspect. But you know, once you find that right weapon and set-up for you, it felt really great to just completely dominate them. Have you tried all the weapons in the game yet?
I definitely tried out all the weapons. The only one I really remember having a whole lot of fun with the Drill Arm though.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
One thing I've always wanted to do was organize some matches with only base weapons at rank 100. No min-maxing, no OHKOs, savor a longer match before the Angels are out, and less grinding. Unfortunately it is a bit tough to find 100 weapons, I've only collected about two dozen of them. Still easier than getting a fully min-maxed set though.

Would anyone be interested in trying to run this sometime?

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
One thing I've always wanted to do was organize some matches with only base weapons at rank 100. No min-maxing, no OHKOs, savor a longer match before the Angels are out, and less grinding. Unfortunately it is a bit tough to find 100 weapons, I've only collected about two dozen of them. Still easier than getting a fully min-maxed set though.

Would anyone be interested in trying to run this sometime?
Sure! Sign me up! I've always wondered how balanced the game really is.

I'm very quickly regetting ever returning this game.
Why? Did your hands get all messed up from the controls?

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Why? Did your hands get all messed up from the controls?
No, I needed money to buy Guilty Gear, figured I didn't play KI:U much so I sold it...

I'm sure I could find a used copy for $30 somewhere, if I wasn't already purchasing Splatoon and saving up for the Surface Pro 3. Here's to hoping they make a sequel!

Sleepy_Icarus

Inkling
NNID
StarrKnight
Kid Icarus: Uprising is definitely my favorite game on the 3DS. The dialogue is so quirky and entertaining, and a lot of the characters were just so likeable. Yeah, the gameplay wasn't the greatest thing ever, but I didn't have that many problems with it. It made such a great return for a long gone series.

But I must ask, would any one like to see a return of Uprising's gameplay, or something entirely different? Just wondering.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Definitely, the gameplay was amazing. Only thing I want changed in a sequel is no more random loot weapons, or at least not in multiplayer. If I could get a version of KIU's multiplayer without that bullshit, I'd be so happy.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
The 3DS has had, and continues to have some of the most amazing games out in the gaming world. Kid Icarus: Uprising was such a fast sell from me that I thought about passing it up, but then I started to watch the trailers before it came out.

Let's just say that I'm so generally happy for this game that I make it a constant bases that a gift to me is someone beating Kid Icarus Uprising! It's literally one of my favorite games of all time, and something I hope they make for the Wii U if only for the fact that it would make everyone shut up about the controls. THE GAME IS LITERAL PERFECTION if it weren't for the controls, but they weren't horrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom