• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

They can't be trusted with this technology! They'd go around shooting everything!; Kid Icarus Social

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Oh snap, I love Uprising. The dialogue and story is this game is probably reason enough to play it, but then it also happens to be fun.

Heh, is there no love for the edgier, flawed-clone character?
Dark Pit might be a sort of re-Pit (repeat, geddit?), but for being only 3 years old canonically, I think he's a pretty intriguing character.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
If my 3ds's L and R button's worked reliably, I'd get Kid Icarus Uprising. As it is, though, it looks pretty good.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!

— Viridi

Best Quote
Best Character
Best game on the 3DS

'nuff said.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Dark pit is awesome imo. The theme, his attitude, his nickname. Anyways, I got Uprising a long time ago and I have been using the stand thingy it came with to record my youtube videos. Overall, it's a great game and I want a Wii U game like it with gyro. Make it happen nintendo.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Dark pit is awesome imo. The theme, his attitude, his nickname. Anyways, I got Uprising a long time ago and I have been using the stand thingy it came with to record my youtube videos. Overall, it's a great game and I want a Wii U game like it with gyro. Make it happen nintendo.
I think if they pulled off a Kid Icarus game with Splatoon-like gyro controllers, (and not the hand breaking ones on the 3DS now) it'd be pretty sick.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
yes hello i ccouldnt help but notice this thread. i just so happen to be a kid icarus fan too, if it wasnt obvious already
You are an example of true dedication, my good sir.

WhiteShiningDiamond

"We are the Crystal Squids!"
NNID
foxyfoxy90
Loved that game when it first came out. But of course I beat it and then it just kinda got old and cluncky, but my babu angels will always stay in my black hole of a heart.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I need to play more of KI: U whenever I get the chance. From what I've played of it, it's pretty fun despite the controls being a bit messy. I do like the dialogue from the game, though. Especially this line : "Floor ice cream gives you health!"

My favorite characters so far are Palutena and both Pits. Especially the two angels. <3

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Bumping this thread to say that I believe I have achieved the impossible: I found a used physical copy of Kid Icarus Uprising at GameStop for MSRP. I feel like I just got like, the holy grail.

The only downside is that I can't transfer my digital save over to the cartridge, but I'll just make a new save.

Anyway, I got interesting in KI after playing some Sm4sh with Pit and Palutena and got curious about their game, looked it up, and was pretty much hooked on wanting to play. I thought about saving up some money to get it over the eShop, but I ended up getting it free from Club Nintendo during its closing. I beat it in about 3 days due to basically playing nonstop, lol. I also tried out the original KI, but couldn't even get past the first level.

*Minor edit to clear up some confusion.

Last edited:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Which is harder in your opinions.
Metroid or KI
They both used the same engine
Was looking through after this got bumped, I think KI is definitely easier. The Underworld is pretty difficult, but after that, it gets much easier. I've played through the first one one my 3ds about 10 times, and now that I know more about it, it's definitely easier. I've only played through Metroid once though, so maybe it would become easier if I played it a few more times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom