thoughts on Color Pulse '24?

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
it's kinda mid imo, the instrumental is too calm, and the vocals aren't as distorted as the old version, so it just sounds off to me.

but that's just my opinion, i wanna know what y'all think about it

crows

Inkster Jr.
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6103-0887-9214
it's a more mature version of color pulse, and really reflects how off the hook has grown since 2017. i really love it.
i have seen some people saying it sounds a lot better in the square, with the ambience and music surrounding you, than just listening to it on youtube.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
it's a more mature version of color pulse, and really reflects how off the hook has grown since 2017. i really love it.
i have seen some people saying it sounds a lot better in the square, with the ambience and music surrounding you, than just listening to it on youtube.
100%. I was really sad with it when the initial release of it happened, but actually IN the square it's quite nice. I still prefer the original, but I think '24 still sounds really good, the YouTube upload just does NOT do it justice

2bdamned

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
when i first heard it, i didn't rlly like it that much... but i agree that it sounds better in the square! it grew on me and it's alright, but i still prefer the original way more.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I think it's really good as a chill dj track that'd play during a splatfest. It totally fits the vibe!

cryfecta

Full Squid
the inner machinations of my mind (an enigma)
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5691-3169-7019
It's okay now that I've gotten used to it and people are definitely right in that it sounds better in the square, but Pearl's vocals still throw me off (and Marina's at a few points too) due to the lyrics being changed a bit. It feels a little too relaxed for her, and it makes some of her choreography onstage feel a little weird since it was originally meant for something much more high-energy. Its just kind of offputting to me.

At least We're So Back and Suffer No Fools are really good so it balances out

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
as a splat3 newcomer i don’t have any nostalgia attached to the original color pulse, nor memories in general (nostalgic or not) of what it was like to hear the og in the square during splatfests, so it was very “omg two cakes” for me - i’ve listened to the original and now i’m hearing ‘24 and i like both. but i do see where fans who’ve been around since splat2 are coming from with the “lower energy” comments.

though closer to the song’s reveal, some people were acting like the new version is ear-splittingly awful… so i was surprised the first time i heard it that it was just like, a nice song, if a little different from/less energetic than the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom