• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts on Squidbagging?

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
heyo squiddies, inkzooka here. today i want your thoughts on the worst sportsmanship taunt; SQUIDBAGGING.

Squidbagging ~ Verb

Turning into squid and kid repeatedly. Used to taunt your opponents.

So, tell me. What are your thoughts? i think its kinda impolite but i do it if they do it back. i sometimes ignore it aswell.

Last edited:

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
It annoys me. If I see someone doing it, ally or enemy, I add them to my block list cause it's someone I don't want to associate with.
Same. It's because they think they are better than you, but they're actual filthy squids that probably got squidbagged and they wanna do it to you.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I go by 2 principles with Squidbagging.

1. If you do it to me, I'm gonna do it right back.
  2. If you got many kills on me with an extremely annoying weapon to deal with, (E-Liters, Gals, and Carbon Rollers come to mind,) then I'll do it as salt relief. Though I barely do this.
What I don't get is why people jump while doing it. Doing it on the ground fills you ink tank while doing the disrespectful act rather than flopping like a fish.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I go by 2 principles with Squidbagging.

1. If you do it to me, I'm gonna do it right back.
  2. If you got many kills on me with an extremely annoying weapon to deal with, (E-Liters, Gals, and Carbon Rollers come to mind,) then I'll do it as salt relief. Though I barely do this.
What I don't get is why people jump while doing it. Doing it on the ground fills you ink tank while doing the disrespectful act rather than flopping like a fish.
Truth. I've admittedly done it myself a few times after dealing with a bagger, which isn't right but feels good... momentarily.

Honelith

Inkling
I never squidbag because you know, fellow human being...Why would you hate on a player who is playing Splatoon because they enjoy it just like you do, never made any sense.

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
I dont find any big issue with it. Find it mildly amusing at best, ignore it at worst. Its hard for me to take seriously imo.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My logic is that, the occasional salt release aside, people who squidbag repeatedly are the sorts that would be tossing slurs and other harassment in a game that has more ways to communicate, so I may as well give them the boot.

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
My logic is that, the occasional salt release aside, people who squidbag repeatedly are the sorts that would be tossing slurs and other harassment in a game that more ways to communicate, so I may as well give them the boot.
So you mean as in, a friendly 'hello' is another way for squidbagging?? A player named 'Capn Woomy' squidbagged me and turned into uman form and jumped. She was trying to give me a 'hello', I think.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
...Not sure how you got that from my post :P That person just sounds odd.

Vinyl.

Inkster Jr.
It's fun. Can't think of a reason why it isn't. If it's meant to irritate the opponent and make him/her lose focus, I'll take that 100%.

Vinyl.

Inkster Jr.
That's what it is, yeah. I do a lot of squidbagging for the salt, and I never pay mind to any fellow squidbagger. It's all for competition.

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
I never squidbag because you know, fellow human being...Why would you hate on a player who is playing Splatoon because they enjoy it just like you do, never made any sense.
Do you know what squidbagging even is? It's taunting or bothering your opponent. It's very rude.

That's what it is, yeah. I do a lot of squidbagging for the salt, and I never pay mind to any fellow squidbagger. It's all for competition.
I try to ignore, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There are plenty of ways to screw with your opponent and get them salty without resorting to the Splatoon equivalent of calling someone a insert-slur-here over voice chat. Vinyl did us a favor showing up, they're clearly the type that want to win no matter what. A fine example of the sort that will use any tactic, no matter how alienating or unpleasant it may be, if it could conceivably lead to victory. If they listed their ID/friend code I'd be blocking them right now, because that sort of opponent just isn't fun to me.

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
There are plenty of ways to screw with your opponent and get them salty without resorting to the Splatoon equivalent of calling someone a insert-slur-here over voice chat. Vinyl did us a favor showing up, they're clearly the type that want to win no matter what. A fine example of the sort that will use any tactic, no matter how alienating or unpleasant it may be, if it could conceivably lead to victory. If they listed their ID/friend code I'd be blocking them right now, because that sort of opponent just isn't fun to me.
I don't block em', though. I leave lobby, or let them leave the lobby. But squidbagging is just..no. And I'd count winning the match for a comeback if someone squidbags.

Honelith

Inkling
Do you know what squidbagging even is?
Yeah, it's not overly complex, but my response was why I don't do it to others. I only got this game last week and Ive seen this done enough times already, at least it's not as bad as teabagging.

WikiDreamer

Inkling
NNID
Wikid
On the one hand, I can see why it's frustrating as all hell. My personal rule of thumb: if you've you got the stones to brag, better be ready to back that up for the rest of the game. (i.e.: Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'; talk sh*t, get hit) At which point, you've got every right to gloat, but if you get me once and I happen ("happen" here meaning, "I don't go out of my way to splat you") to get a higher splat count on you, then you need to cut that mess out. On the other hand, I'm with Honelith: We're all playing the same game for the same reason: To have fun. Yeah, winning a match is awesome, but being able to play the game is just as enjoyable. Now I wanna get into the competitive scene, and I know how THAT can get regardless of the game (CoD anyone?) but I'm never gonna be a jerk about my loses or wins, I'm just gonna wanna get better and proceed to do so. Squidbag all you want, I'll just learn my both my and your mistakes. IJS.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ultimately, my thoughts on the matter are the same as they are for squid partying. I don't care if you splat me eight times in a row, decimate my teammates, ambush or spawncamp or whatever, JUST PLAY THE FREAKIN' GAME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom