• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Thoughts on Squidbagging?

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
It's not good sportsmanship. It doesn't annoy me too much, unless it's overdone. I just ignore it. There is a limit, really. For most players though: The last thing you wanna see is a Kid/Squid Transformation x5/10 when someone gets a lucky kill. :p

Alan Treecko

Inkling
NNID
MarieSquid
Squidbagging does kinda tick me off. I don't do it at all unless it's a squid party, then I will squidbag as a dance move and not an afterkill move.

Tsuchinoko

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tsuchinoko
I hate it when i get killed and someone does a squidbag on me. It is really annoyong when you start to have it done often. But one thing that happens a lot that is great is being able to splat a squidbagger while he's wasting his time doing the act. I never go out of my way to block these players though since it isn't a big deal. But I agree it is bad sportsmanship. Imagine watching football or basketball and every time a score is made the team goes around to the opposing guys and teabags in front of them. That wouldn't be cool.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I never squid bag myself...but generally the only time I don't mind seeing it is if someone finally manages to splat me after I've taken them out so many times. Then to me, that's just them showing their excitement in triumph rather than being disrespectful.

The most I've ever done is bow my head down after I splatted someone, or stroke my Ink brush at the ground where they've been splatted a few times. Nothing obnoxious, no salt.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I only do against someone who did it first. I don't think it's nice, so I never start this and don't encourage team members.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I have played tons and tons of shooters, so squidbagging has never bothered me. Seen it so many times in other games that it doesn't phase me. Only time I do it is if someone else does it to me first though.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Squidbagging is like saying a slur.. filthy scrubs and etc...

You guys need to lighten up. If some random turning into a squid/kid bothers you that much I suggest you put down the controller and seek help. Ive never bagged myself but I get a kick out of others doing it.

-Lily-

Inkling
I personally think that squidbagging is rude and immature, but I think it's best to just ignore it and not let it get to you. ;)

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I like to call squidbagging a poorman's version of teabagging. Except you are not mounting over your opponent looking like confused duck.

In terminology, a squid going into it's squidbagging motion is extreme epilepsy experience. Most squids are thrown into the medical unit after expressing their product kill, and never seen again. They are then later treated with salt content till they are released from their primal space of echo chambers from being overly saturated in victory.

If I am being overly verbose in this post, then gladly guide me out of the front door.

A_Ava

Inkling
NNID
Somekid122
I hate when I am squidbagged. Why would you do it? There is no point to squidbagging, at all. Yeah, I've done it before, but haven't we all?:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

speedySonic

Full Squid
It's a winning tactic. Much like taunting in fighting games, it's meant to aggravate your opponent to make them lose focus and play blinded by anger, lowering their performance, and therefore increasing your chance of winning.

I don't think squidbaggers are the same as people who throw around slurs though. I only squidbag if the person did it to me or I feel like I've done something major. But considering squidbagging leaves you very vulnerable, I think it's fair to see it as a taunt. Still, it's just a game. If you're letting it get to you, you just need to relax. Don't let it ruin your enjoyment of the game.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
I probably won't take offense into being squidbagged, considering one has to do a lot to actually make me become indignantly angered, and it's usually a worse offense than simply flopping on the ground. Though I'll take care to not resort to doing such a thing, since it's usually the perceived intent behind the act that gets to unfortunate players. When I playfully flop around, one may take that as a middle finger.

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
My friend always squidbags when he splats me, and personally I don't see anything wrong with it. It's no different to a taunt in a fighting game imo. I see people using it as a celebration when they've made a good splat or got out of a tough situation, which is fine. GG.
But that's just my opinion, plz don't shoot me >_<

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
People that often suck at the game have to feel good about themselves somehow, I guess. Gotta love it when they attempt squidbagging and get splatted anyway though.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I do it on Salmon Run whenever we do good on a wave. Booyah spam is for peasants.

In the main game, however? Nah, too impractical. I mean, come on, that's just painting a giant "sneak up on and splat me" target on your back.
Same here. I'll squidbag like crazy when I finish a Salmon Run (I do prefer Booyah spamming between waves since you can keep painting at the same time), but I'd never waste time on it during a match.

I also feel weirdly alone in that I've never had anyone do it to me yet. Maybe the trend just hasn't made it to Australia yet. I can't say it would bother me too much, but I wouldn't be sorry if I never saw it happen.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
First off, I'd like to note that "seabagging" rolls off the tonuge much better than "squidbagging". That aside...

When someone does it to me, I shout "Rude!" at the screen and move on. I've given the occasional 2 flops after splatting someone who's splatted me repeatedly that match (salt expulsion as it were). The only time I've done more was one time when I was high up in Sturgeon Shipyard, 2 of the other team kept throwing bombs at me.... and missing. In that situation it was more akin to playful teasing than anything, in my mind. Especially since there's no "blow raspberry" button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom