• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Throwing the game? in turf war

HugeBooks

Inkling
NNID
HugeBooks
Switch Friend Code
SW-2939-9468-8955
I'm fairly new to the game - I've been playing about a month - and recently I've been getting put with higher level players. It seems like about half of the time, most or all of my team will spend the entire match booyah-ing, squid slapping, shooting at me, or running in circles. I just want to play some good, clean turf wars! What gives? It's discouraging...

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sadly you find those people on this game especially in turf since its a 'casual' mode of play. You find it a lot less in Salmon Run and Ranked.

Also the common term is Squid bagging or having a squid party when players go from kid to squid in a rapid fashion.

Little T

Inkling
I'm fairly new to the game - I've been playing about a month - and recently I've been getting put with higher level players. It seems like about half of the time, most or all of my team will spend the entire match booyah-ing, squid slapping, shooting at me, or running in circles. I just want to play some good, clean turf wars! What gives? It's discouraging...
Squid parties are all in fun. If you don’t want to squid party just join a new lobby. You cant force them to play, so you can just continue objective while the match ends (or join them)

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
Sadly you find those people on this game especially in turf since its a 'casual' mode of play. You find it a lot less in Salmon Run and Ranked.

Also the common term is Squid bagging or having a squid party when players go from kid to squid in a rapid fashion.
I find squid parties more often in ranked

squidcraft

Inkling
That’s unfortunate. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having that issue. I can definitely understand the frustration. Thankfully I’ve never had that issue. If it happens again I’d just just go exit and rejoin a new group.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just wait until you get to higher levels. Then you'll likely rarely run into them. I'm level 99 and lobbies I'm in usually are filled with players around 60+, and I can't remember the last time I ran into a squid party. And that includes Turf War.

I does suck to run into people who knowingly ruin the game for others, but it was more of a problem for me in Splatoon 1. Splatoon 2 has been very mild with them, thankfully.

Paladin

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5646-8287-9003
I was trying to grind gear, and I ran into a japanese server squid party. The best thing to do, I think it was already said, is to just keep on the objective and ink things. (Also stay away from the squid party as you’ll be attacked if you try the objective and start covering enemy ink if they’re there.) But I’m LV18, and I’ve only seen 3 squid parties in total, only in turf war.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Some higher level players think of TW as a joke. They come over after getting salty in ranked to goof off in TW. I don’t though. I enjoy both ranked and TW. You can block people you know. :D

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I want competitive TW to be a thing. I know teams hate it but I actually enjoyed when TW was apart of The World Championship. It forced competitive teams to play Turf War. We all started out playing turf war so I don’t get why so many of these players think they’re above playing it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I want competitive TW to be a thing. I know teams hate it but I actually enjoyed when TW was apart of The World Championship. It forced competitive teams to play Turf War. We all started out playing turf war so I don’t get why so many of these players think they’re above playing it.
That's because turf is heavily weighted, much of the time only the last 30 seconds are crucial. One team can be dominating for 2 minutes and then wipe at the end and lose because of that. Much of what happens before that time period doesn't matter, not something that can be said of any other mode.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
That's because turf is heavily weighted, much of the time only the last 30 seconds are crucial. One team can be dominating for 2 minutes and then wipe at the end and lose because of that. Much of what happens before that time period doesn't matter, not something that can be said of any other mode.
Technically that can apply to Splat Zones too.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Technically that can apply to Splat Zones too.
Not really, as said above penalty prevents overtaking the other team from being too easy.

With Splat Zones, the entire game matters. Even if the opposing team is able to overtake in the last 30 seconds, that's only because they've kept the game score close or prevented you from getting too far ahead.

Fabrunette

Full Squid
NNID
Fabrunette
Switch Friend Code
SW-8140-7460-1544
Lemme talk about matchmaking though because its antrocious holy cowballs
Sometimes people over lvl 100 get matched with beginner players like lvl 1-10. I really don't get that. That's pretty unfair because that would mean either an easy win for the lvl 100 player or a sore lose. I've only been playing for a few weeks now and i got to lvl 30 but this honestly annoys me SO much.

I don't mind squidpartying that much. It's actually pretty fun. The game is SUPPOSED to be fun. If you wanna be negative nancy just go and join a different game

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Lemme talk about matchmaking though because its antrocious holy cowballs
Sometimes people over lvl 100 get matched with beginner players like lvl 1-10. I really don't get that. That's pretty unfair because that would mean either an easy win for the lvl 100 player or a sore lose. I've only been playing for a few weeks now and i got to lvl 30 but this honestly annoys me SO much.

I don't mind squidpartying that much. It's actually pretty fun. The game is SUPPOSED to be fun. If you wanna be negative nancy just go and join a different game
Just cause somebody is past cap doesn't mean they're any good. In fact, a lot of post cap people I've run into are quite bad in comparison to even sub 40 plays.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If your way of having fun is ruining someone else's fun, you should be the one to find a different game.

That people like to squidparty in public lobbies at times is one thing, but the fact that they can't even owe up to the fact that they're being ****s to other people in the process is what annoys me more.

Cephalobro

Okay, time for my long overdue venting about squid parties. I hate them with a burning passion that's even hotter than the earth's core itself. Do it on private servers only or when celebrating a victory in Salmon Run, every other time, not okay at all. However, this isn't the worst of it yet. The worst comes when squid partiers actively try to splat players who want to play the game normally and then squidbags them for trying to play the game as intended, even though the players who try to play the game as intended would leave them alone. I wish there was a clan that discourages squid parties so that new players won't get discouraged from playing the game as intended. I specifically decided not to play Splatoon 2 this week because I know how being a beginner player not being able to win the first few games would get discouraged from playing, squid parties definitely discourage them from playing the game when all they are trying to do is play the game normally.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
During this demo period, I admit that if my opposing team has all the noobs, I may party just out of pity....especially in the lobbies I usually keep (which include some top-tier turfers).

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Squid parties should be banned from public lobbies -_- No seriously if you're caught doing that in public matches, you should be banned. Save that BS for private matches with friends PLEASE! There's having fun and then there's being a d***. Don't be the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom