Top Tier Weapons Discussion

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Feel free to discuss the top tier weapons, what you like about them, what you could do with them, etc.

My top 5 weapons I would say are top tier would be:

1. Tentatek Splattershot
2. .96 Gal Deco
3. Splatterscope
4. Forge Splattershot Pro
5. .52 Gal

EDIT: I will mostly be discussing weapons based off of Ranked Battles

Last edited:

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
I think E-liter 3k is up there. It has the best range in the game. Burst bombs take away this weapon's weakness in close range. Having lots of damage up makes this weapon amazing. It makes it so that you need less charge to ohko your opponent. Burst bombs also become very strong with damage up

iVortex

Senior Squid
NNID
Vorttex
1: Aeropray RG (Ik it's nooby but it works for me :) )
2: Tentatek Splattershot
3: .52 Gal
4. Custom Splattershot JR.
5. .96 Gal
:)

iVortex

Senior Squid
NNID
Vorttex
1: Aeropray RG (Ik it's nooby but it works for me :) )
2: Tentatek Splattershot
3: .52 Gal
4. Custom Splattershot JR.
5. .96 Gal
:)

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I think E-liter 3k is up there. It has the best range in the game. Burst bombs take away this weapon's weakness in close range. Having lots of damage up makes this weapon amazing. It makes it so that you need less charge to ohko your opponent. Burst bombs also become very strong with damage up
Definitely, E Liters domiate on Moray Towers specifically.

iVortex

Senior Squid
NNID
Vorttex
Now imagine what the E-liter 3k scope will do to you.
Omg I would throw my gamepad across the room probably if a person kept getting with that it would get on my nerves so easily that's what snipers do to me lol​

iVortex

Senior Squid
NNID
Vorttex
yeah, they can cover all of mid and can snipe people from the opposite platorm. Its kind of ridiculous, lol
Lol yea I like moray towers as a map for automatic but that's basically every map for me lol that's really all I use I switch it up sometimes though lol. On towers control it bothers me when I'm on the tower and snipers just get me on the tower cuz it has soooo much ink and range lol

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Personally, I do not feel it fair to have an overall top 5, as that really limits stuff. I think there could be a "best weapon" of each class, but even then each weapon is meant to be used for certain play-styles that I do not think there really is a "top tier" yet. For example, I am surprised that a charger is not on that top 5 list, as without a charger on a team, it is muhc more difficult to win due to a lack of defensive coverage when attacking the zone or tower. Maybe "most used" is more appropriate at this time. Again, though, that is all just my personal opinion.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Yeah, chargers in general are great, but I think the splatterscope is the best because it has great range, charge time, scope makes aiming easier, and splat bombs + bomb rush makes for a great set. If you ever find yourself by enemies, then you have an entire mine field at your disposal.

Edit: Captain Norris, the splatterscope is on that list, lol

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Yeah, chargers in general are great, but I think the splatterscope is the best because it has great range, charge time, scope makes aiming easier, and splat bombs + bomb rush makes for a great set. If you ever find yourself by enemies, then you have an entire mine field at your disposal.

Edit: Captain Norris, the splatterscope is on that list, lol
Oh yes you're right xD Must have grazed over it. Apologies.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I do think it's a little early to make a true tier list of weapons considering how we haven't really had any true tournaments to give an idea of what's hot and what's not, but based on what you put forth, I would say those weapons do have the most favorable spread of attributes when it comes to combat.

One thing that might help though is if we had some quantifying factors on what makes a top tier weapon. Killing effectiveness is an obvious one, but even in the ranked modes, that isn't everything assuming all players are of comparable skill level. Do we also factor in how valuable weapons that provide team support with Echo Locaters, disruptors, and squid beacons can be?

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Tentatek and .96 Deco are easily the best weapons in the game at the moment in my opinion.
Runner-ups are the normal .52, Splatterscope, Classic Squiffer, normal Dynamo Roller and most likely Forge Pro.

In addition to this all weapons with beacons (especially Krak-on Roller) can be absurdly overpowered with a Quick Respawn-focused loadout.

Last edited:

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Tentatek and .96 Deco are easily the best weapons in the game at the moment in my opinion.
Runner-ups are the normal .52, Splatterscope, Classic Squiffer, normal Dynamo Roller and most likely Forge Pro.

In addition to this all weapons with beacons (especially Krak-on Roller) can be absurdly overpowered with a Quick Respawn-focused loadout.
Ehh, Beacons really aren't that amazing. Good in some maps. And I would not say the Krak on is top tier. I would put the Splat Roller far above it, because it has options due to having suction bombs and killer wail. People like to say the Krak on is good because of the Kraken, which is ridiculous because the Kraken isn't very good either. Easily the most overrated thing in the entire game.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
Ehh, Beacons really aren't that amazing. Good in some maps. And I would not say the Krak on is top tier. I would put the Splat Roller far above it, because it has options due to having suction bombs and killer wail. People like to say the Krak on is good because of the Kraken, which is ridiculous because the Kraken isn't very good either. Easily the most overrated thing in the entire game.
It's a good special, but a high fire rate weapon can stop it right in it's tracks due to the nerf. You are right though, this thing is very overrated.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I'm not going to limit my list to 5 weapons, and I'm going to be a little less specific for some of my choices because players DO have different viable options for certain roles.

In no particular order:

52 Gals and Splattershot Pros - Go-to mid range options with good killing power and general utility. The choice of which depends on what subs and specials the rest of the team needs. They generally need ink efficiency to be effective.

Custom Blaster - Great support weapon that can control space and support the team with Bubblers. While other Blasters can be viable, the Custom Blaster stands out being maybe the only viable Bubbler user in the game.

Dynamo Roller - A huge asset to a team that can spread ink like crazy and echo-locate often, while being able to 1-shot multiple targets in one trigger press. Always a threat in the right hands.

Krakon Roller - A CQC 1-shotting threat that can become invincible to avoid punishment and can lay spawn points to support the team. Very scary when using a meter-building loadout. Every team should help their Krakon Roller abuse its killing potential.

Splat Chargers and E-Liters - You have options of which charger to go with depending on a team's needs and current gametype, and all variations of Splat Chargers and E-Liters have great slaying potential.

Splattershots - The Splattershot kills ferociously fast and spreads ink better than the other rifles. Its short range is covered by solid subs and specials that work well at long range. While the Tentatek is generally considered superior to the default Splattershot, if you've talked to me before you know that I am a firm believer in both.

Other weapons can, of course, be viable on the right team, but these weapons currently define the metagame and dictate which team compositions are and aren't threatening.

Last edited:

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
Dynamo's look like they have a lot of potential to me. Their walling game is by far one of, if not the, best in the game, and on maps like Arowana, they can set up an almost unbreakable defense if their team is reliable. Additionally, it's one of the few roller types I feel it doesn't hurt your team to have multiples of due to their defensive assistance. (This varies based on available maps of course, and a team of 4 Dynamos would of course have problems, but on most maps I wouldn't mind having two Dynamos, especially if I was running something like Jr. Custom, Kelp Charger, or E-liter custom.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom