Top Tier Weapons Discussion

LemonPlaid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Exo-Josh
People who say that the Aerosparys are good haven't been in or watched the upper levels of the Ranked. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE uses an Aerospray in A range.

After the most recent patch, Kraken has lost a huge amount of its luster. Unless you're flanking the person in some way or right on top of them, Kraken is not that good. The only way you win when coming head on is if that person is out of Ink (it happens) and can't start swimming quickly.

Beakons can be good if folks recognize and acknowledge them. One person slipping behind enemy lines and planting some beakons can be very useful.

We shouldn't rule out the ever trusty Splattershot Jr. Bubble is still really useful, even with the extra knockback received. I've lost 1 on 1 fights because of a well timed bubble.

Blasters have found a niche in Tower Control. The fact that they can get up close and just pummel the tower is more useful than you'd think.

In general though, I think there's a lot things we haven't seen yet, and we aren't going to see until the August update when people can really start coordinating with each other. For example, I think the suicide build (lots of Quick Respawn combined with Comeback and a blaster) is a great build for Tower Control. People just need to know that that's what you're running. When we can start seeing teams and coordination that comes with being on the same team with the same people that you know, we'll see a whole different game I think.
Well duh. Ranked doesn't have high level Aerosprays, it works extremely well in turf wars. Esp the RG

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I don't consider turf wars high ranked, completetly different mentality compared to splatzones and tower control. Turf war could be competitive if it was used for competitions or had its own ranked mode.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
Not denying that. I'm not the one saying that they're top tier though.
They could be top tier in turf wars. I think we should have tiers for each mode, since one weapon can be terrible in splat zones, and amazing in turf wars.

For splat zones, Tentatek Splattershot, Forge Splattershot, E-Liter 3000 variants, 96. and 52. Gal variants, and maybe the carbon/dynamo rollers seem to work very well. I see them quite a bit.

Ehh, Beacons really aren't that amazing. Good in some maps.
Beacons are really good if your team actually uses them. Otherwise they're rather useless.

LemonPlaid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Exo-Josh
I don't consider turf wars high ranked,
What? Can you please explain this statement? It currently makes no sense. Are you implying its currently not a competitive game mode due to it only being found in regular battles as compared to rank battles?

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
We shouldn't rule out the fact that there are so many variables when it comes to making lists like this. Maps, modes, team setups, etc but yeah these weapons certainly are great because they don't really underperform in any mode. Personally I would consider Kelp Scope to be on par with the regular scope. Weapons I would also include are E-Liter, Classic Squiffer, regular .96 gal and regular Splattershot Pro.

Last edited:

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
What? Can you please explain this statement? It currently makes no sense. Are you implying its currently not a competitive game mode due to it only being found in regular battles as compared to rank battles?
I thought I did in the rest of my post. I think it's more casual, laid back compared to splatzones and tower control, most competitive players choose to play that simply because its ranked and until turf war is picked up by competitive squads or it has a mode for it, you'll find most casuals playing this mode. I find the level of play lower. Is it because I play in an asian region and timezone? Who knows.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
He's saying that Turf War is currently being played at a lower level of play, not that it can't be played at a high level.

Freelance Spy

Inkling
NNID
freelancespy87
The scope varient is real indeed. It's gonna have more range in exchange for mobility
Frikken ridiculous. As if it needs MORE range.

Makes it much better imo. I will probably still prefer the splat scope tho, due to faster kill time etc.

Unless the new e liter gets amazing specials...

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
Frikken ridiculous. As if it needs MORE range.

Makes it much better imo. I will probably still prefer the splat scope tho, due to faster kill time etc.

Unless the new e liter gets amazing specials...
The scope version will have the same specials as the regular. Also E-liter 3k kills at about half charge if you have like 3 damage ups. Burst bombs become insane with the damage up because it does different damage depending on how they hit the enemy. Damage up increases the damage output of all of those different variables.

Freelance Spy

Inkling
NNID
freelancespy87
The scope version will have the same specials as the regular. Also E-liter 3k kills at about half charge if you have like 3 damage ups. Burst bombs become insane with the damage up because it does different damage depending on how they hit the enemy. Damage up increases the damage output of all of those different variables.
I know, unfortunately I'm not interested in running damage up sets at this moment. Which is half of the reason I don't use E liter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom