• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tower Control Launches for Ranked Battle Tomorrow!

Get your suckers ready for a new kind of battle! This week, Ranked Battle gains an additional gametype. This new mode, dubbed "Tower Control," will rotate alongside Splat Zones in Ranked Battle.

"Once someone jumps onto the tower, it starts moving along a set path toward the other team’s goal. If the tower doesn’t arrive at either goal before time runs out, the team that’s moved it closest toward their opponent’s goal wins. Ride the tower all the way into the other team’s goal though, and you’ll get a decisive knockout victory."

Tower Control will become available in Ranked Battle in North America tomorrow, July 1st at 7PM Pacific. In Europe, the mode will launch on the 2nd.

Let us know what you think about the new mode when it launches! Check out our Ranked Battle discussion thread to chat about this new mode or leave your thoughts in the comments below.

TheRapture

Comments

Blasters are gonna be sooo good.
And Killer Whails. And suction bombs.
Echo locators, sprinklers and point sensors not so much

It's really interesting. I don't know what to say about if this mode will be the one to be used in tournaments though, but we'll let the community play the game for awhile and decide on that aspect. But right now it is pretty...fresh ;)

Initial impression so far: I like it! I actually enjoyed it a bit more than Splatzones. I don't know how I feel about there only being one ranked mode at a time though.

but it sucks for the people that can't choose splatzones now.
I did the numbers, and whatever way they decide to do the rotation, there will always be a downside.
Whether it be waiting for you favorite game mode to be playable, or splitting the player base into (eventually) four.

Why not just make all modes be present in ranked mode. The stages are set as normal 2, but the mode is also random. If they are not going to give us a single option for each, then why are we having to wait to play the game mode we like.

Why not just make all modes be present in ranked mode. The stages are set as normal 2, but the mode is also random. If they are not going to give us a single option for each, then why are we having to wait to play the game mode we like.
That was originally one of my ideas.

Just played Tower Control, it's such a fun mode (but all the rollers seem to pop up)

Now it's a mode where people actually don't have the need to paint around mindlessly because that was ****ing up my rank.

I like having specific ranked battles at any given time... I also like the level rotation. Something about having those two things change periodically makes the world of Splatoon feel more like a constant event.

The first time I played a turf wars (right when Splatoon came out) was on Saltspray Rig and I didn't happen to play while it was active until just a week ago. It's cool to start the game up and think "awesome, tower mode is active" or "cool, this is my favorite stage! I'll play turf wars!"

I dunno... I just like it. lol.

It's pretty sad that you can't choose either SplatZones or Tower Control when you want to. Personally I really enjoy tower control (even if it gets pretty chaotic). I feel like not being able to choose which game modes effects people that use rollers the most. It seems like rollers do not offer the best support with advancing in tower control.

It's pretty sad that you can't choose either SplatZones or Tower Control when you want to. Personally I really enjoy tower control (even if it gets pretty chaotic). I feel like not being able to choose which game modes effects people that use rollers the most. It seems like rollers do not offer the best support with advancing in tower control.
I haven't play it yet, unfortunately, but it seems like Roller could provide quite a bit of defensive assisting. If they cover all the ground on the path the tower takes, it would slow the enemy down quite a bit... plus tower control seems like it would really affect where enemies choose to place themselves (based on where the tower is at any given point) which means easy targets for rollers who sneak in for the attack!

Granted... this is all based off no experience and I'm a Charger main... who for some reason has an immensely difficult time with sneak attacking rollers!

I seem to not be very good at this mode but it's still fun nonetheless. Lots of killing and lots of dying. I wouldn't even bother trying to ride the tower with the Inkbrush, though.

They're going to have to create some sort of way to choose between game modes. Even if their worry is that matchmaking will take longer, they need to have that available. One possible option is to have every one in the lobby vote on a game type, and the majority wins (similar to Halo matchmaking). Another option is to have extra experience awarded for playing a certain game type (this way everyone plays some of everything). Or, they could do something entirely different, as long as they do it.

Is the tower moving faster if more than one inkling from the same team is standing on it?
I don't believe it works like that.

From the Treehouse, my understanding is that it will only move faster to get back to a previous point. For example, lets say you take the tower and you move it to point 48 before the other team takes it. When you retake the tower it will move faster until it reaches point 48 again. Once it passes point 48 it slows down to its regular speed.

Get your suckers ready for a new kind of battle! This week, Ranked Battle gains an additional gametype. This new mode, dubbed "Tower Control," will rotate alongside Splat Zones in Ranked Battle.

"Once someone jumps onto the tower, it starts moving along a set path toward the other team’s goal. If the tower doesn’t arrive at either goal before time runs out, the team that’s moved it closest toward their opponent’s goal wins. Ride the tower all the way into the other team’s goal though, and you’ll get a decisive knockout victory."

Tower Control will become available in Ranked Battle in North America tomorrow, July 1st at 7PM Pacific. In Europe, the mode will launch on the 2nd.

Let us know what you think about the new mode when it launches! Check out our Ranked Battle discussion thread to chat about this new mode or leave your thoughts in the comments below.
It's so fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom