• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Traditional Requests/ I got new pens

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos: damn son, those sketches turned out more attractive than intended. Free reign on pose quickly turned into something.
Damnit, that and Chaos looks a lot like some of my own characters so I feel biased.
I dunno how much you did for my alt outfit, but I forgot to mention it still retains the Black Arrowbands (being that I actually do wear glasses)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I dunno how much you did for my alt outfit, but I forgot to mention it still retains the Black Arrowbands (being that I actually do wear glasses)
Awweeesome, glasss are easy to add.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@MacSmitty !!

I'm sure you were aware I'm kind of using this thread to guinea pig some new pens but hopefully this turned out decent!

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
Request updaaaaates!
Macsmitty's request? Done aand I found my cellphone, but the lighting at 1 a.m. is horrible. It'll be up tomorrow!

Everyone else's, I think I've at least started the sketch or contemplated it/ seen what I need to do. A lot is just looking for references. (Mai gog, Chaos's are useful)
Haha, I'm being slow at this.

Anyway!

Rustic: Designed. Kiiiind of waiting to draw it in one go-- charcoal is hard to save + really quickly done.

Chaos: damn son, those sketches turned out more attractive than intended. Free reign on pose quickly turned into something.
Damnit, that and Chaos looks a lot like some of my own characters so I feel biased.

@Of Moose & Men: So, I can figure this out myself, but what part of a hydra splattling would one even work on if they were tinkering with it? Like, dang it's made of a fire hydrant.
I can figure out how to theoretically take apart a hydra, but that's a thing I've thought about xD. (btw, saw the new Star Wars, can see why you want Rey hair)

I'm a bit of a sticker for the "two clubbed tentacles" rule so hopefully my creative hairstyle works. Sketched and needing refs for the Hydra, but might redo it.

@XenoPixel : Needing clothes and octobrush refs, 'cause I at least want them standing right, and the pose is pretty specific. Queeessstion, when I said mask, I meant general eye shape (like an inkling's mask). You mean, she's wearing a broken octoling mask? Or is her eye scarred? 0_o two very different things.

You guys want to... add anything to requests? Maybe even a medium switch? I might even be able to show sketches (in extra terrible phone quality.) But tomooooorrrow.
Yeah I meant that she's wearing a broken octoling mask, with one eye revealed. Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but what are refs?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Yeah I meant that she's wearing a broken octoling mask, with one eye revealed. Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but what are refs?
References. You know how Chaos Knight gave me ingame photos of his character's clothes? Those are ingame references. If you have sketches or other visuals to "refer" back to, those are also references.

Basically, I need to take some screenshots of the game to look at clothes and weapons. 'Especially that Octobrush pose.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Okay, here I am! Late to request threads as usual XD
I have three, but if you don't have time for all three you can just pick one. :)

Character name: Pixel

Species: Firefly Inkling :P

Hairstyle: (Describe) Alright, she has two kinda blunt tentacles on her left side that kinda looks like side bangs. The slightly smaller one is on top of the bigger one. She has another tentacle like that on her right side. And for her hairstyle, she just has a plain three tentacle ponytail that's probably shoulder length, mid back without her sea star ponytail holder. Her tentacles is that red-orange one that shows up in ranked battles, by the way.

Mask/Eyes: (Describe) Her mask is the norm, although during Splatfests she uses her glow in the dark ink to put polka-dots on it. Her eyes are a fierce grey.

Skin tone: (As this is in black and white, skin tones run the gambit of "Light", "Sorta tan gray", "Tan", and "Dark" No default option for this.) Since she has tan skin, I'd describe it as tan grey, I suppose :P

Gender characteristics: (Girl character, guy character? Maybe they look more androgynous? Tell me stuff like "this character is a girl, but you wouldn't be able to tell without her hair clip" sorta stuff. You can also specify the gender then leave characteristics as "---") Pixel is a girl, and does look like she is.

Body Type: (Describe. Can sort of be combined with Gender category. This is for general weight /height. Maybe included general age.) Alright, Pixel is 15 and is 5 foot 4. On a good day, she can look 5' 6''. Anyway, she's a bit curvy.

What Clothes/Shoes: (Either give in-game names, possibly have have refs, or describe clothes) Alright, this is kinda off the top of my head but here goes: Legendary Cap, Black Tee, and any shoe Splash Mob manufactures.

Other: (Do they have scars? Tatoos? Freckles? Anything that wasn't added earlier? If you think including a bit about the character's personality might help me, add that if you want.) She has freckles that also glow in the dark, which are usually spread around her nose and eye area. She's also a planner, so she always tries to look that way.

Pose/Expression: (Describe, maybe even give me a scenario. Specify weapons here, too, if you want.) She uses the E-Liter 3K Scope and is almost never seen without it. And she usually has a playful smirk on her face when the match is going her way. If not, you can usually see a look of pure rage on her face as she screams at her teammates for blundering a flank or not using her Echolocator to it's full potential. Her pose can be anything you want.

Medium: (Choose from Ballpoint Pen, Artist Pen, Charcoal, Pencil, or "---" MS Paint. I'd be interested in combinations even?) Don't care, have fun~

Character name: Bit

Species: Plain Inkling, although it's quite possible that she could be a smaller species of Inkling. She's quite small.

Hairstyle: (Describe) Bit has three tentacles in the front acting like a bang of sorts. The smallest is in the middle facing either direction while the longer ones on each side face said direction. For the three tentacles in the back, they form a short ponytail in the back held either by some dried seaweed/kelp or some human trinket she found. Her ink color is the contrast color for Pixel, although it usually looks a bit lighter than normal.

Mask/Eyes: (Describe) Bit's mask is normal as well. Her eyes are big and pink and almost always have excitement in her eyes.

Skin tone: (As this is in black and white, skin tones run the gambit of "Light", "Sorta tan gray", "Tan", and "Dark" No default option for this.) Slightly darker than light.

Gender characteristics: (Girl character, guy character? Maybe they look more androgynous? Tell me stuff like "this character is a girl, but you wouldn't be able to tell without her hair clip" sorta stuff. You can also specify the gender then leave characteristics as "---") Bit's a girl, and it can't usually be told because she still looks and sounds very young. Her ponytail holder helps some, but not much.

Body Type: (Describe. Can sort of be combined with Gender category. This is for general weight /height. Maybe included general age.) Since Bit is only 13 and a half, she would normally look like an untransformed Inkling but she's among the very few who can master their kid form a year or two early. Since she's 'only' 13, she's still flat chested and barely reaches the 4' 8'' mark. She's also very small, so she doesn't weigh much.

What Clothes/Shoes: (Either give in-game names, possibly have have refs, or describe clothes) Pilot Goggles, Striped Rugby or Forge Inkling Parka depending on the weather, and Strapping Whites

Other: (Do they have scars? Tatoos? Freckles? Anything that wasn't added earlier? If you think including a bit about the character's personality might help me, add that if you want.) She doesn't have anything special about her besides her being young and small. She's very excitable and absolutely loves human stuff.

Pose/Expression: (Describe, maybe even give me a scenario. Specify weapons here, too, if you want.) She uses a modified Splattershot Jr. from Retro, and will often wave it or push it in a potential enemy's face when cornered. She also adores human stuff like I said, and will treasure even duct tape.

Medium: (Choose from Ballpoint Pen, Artist Pen, Charcoal, Pencil, or "---" MS Paint. I'd be interested in combinations even?) Have fun(again!)

Character name: Retro

Species: Inkling, most likely Giant Squid DNA in her

Hairstyle: (Describe) Retro has the tentacle bow in the back of her head like Callie, but hers are short due to her moving the extra length for her bangs. They're like normal bangs that are always swept to her right, FYI. She also has the normal tentacles at the base of the head. Her ink color is the blue that pairs with the sea green.

Mask/Eyes: (Describe) She has a mask that sparkles under certain lights and deep blue eyes. She also wears pink non gear glasses to cater to her prescription.

Skin tone: (As this is in black and white, skin tones run the gambit of "Light", "Sorta tan gray", "Tan", and "Dark" No default option for this.) She has dark skin.

Gender characteristics: (Girl character, guy character? Maybe they look more androgynous? Tell me stuff like "this character is a girl, but you wouldn't be able to tell without her hair clip" sorta stuff. You can also specify the gender then leave characteristics as "---") Retro is a girl despite the name, and because of how self conscious she is she makes sure that it's impossible to mistake her otherwise.

Body Type: (Describe. Can sort of be combined with Gender category. This is for general weight /height. Maybe included general age.) Retro is 5' 6'' and a half, and is kind of skinny/gangly. She can't help that, however. She's 14 and a half.

What Clothes/Shoes: (Either give in-game names, possibly have have refs, or describe clothes) Squidstar Waistcoat, Paintball Mask/Squid Nordic, Red Hi-Tops

Other: (Do they have scars? Tatoos? Freckles? Anything that wasn't added earlier? If you think including a bit about the character's personality might help me, add that if you want.) It often looks like there's a permanent blush on her face due to her low self esteem and self consciousness. She's also very shy and clumsy.

Pose/Expression: (Describe, maybe even give me a scenario. Specify weapons here, too, if you want.) She is a hesitant user of the Octobrush Nouveau. Only a sliver of her personality remains when she's playing-whenever she gets her splat, she swims away from there as fast as she can. Being near the site makes her very nervous.

Medium: (Choose from Ballpoint Pen, Artist Pen, Charcoal, Pencil, or "---" MS Paint. I'd be interested in combinations even?) Your choose! :)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@G1ng3rGar1

=-= Mraugh, I'd say I definitely won't be able to do these because they are last on the list and there's like 3, but...

._. I'm easily swayed by the "choose your medium." These requests are like, just vague and specific enough to be fun.

But do I have time??? That is the question.

Anyways, how do you feel about really quick pencil sketches of all of them because I'm a fast as heck sketcher and that's my lazy medium/ or only one done well in a mix of pens? I'm going to need to take reference shots when I get the chance, but yeh, I think you're the last on the list at this point.

Requests are officially closed.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
@G1ng3rGar1

=-= Mraugh, I'd say I definitely won't be able to do these because they are last on the list and there's like 3, but...

._. I'm easily swayed by the "choose your medium." These requests are like, just vague and specific enough to be fun.

But do I have time??? That is the question.

Anyways, how do you feel about really quick pencil sketches of all of them because I'm a fast as heck sketcher and that's my lazy medium/ or only one done well in a mix of pens? I'm going to need to take reference shots when I get the chance, but yeh, I think you're the last on the list at this point.

Requests are officially closed.
You don't have to do all of them :) And I won't mind sketches, as long as it doesn't get in your way :)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
'Aight so I've kinda gotten more busy this week (like, exponentially) and will remain busy for a while. I was hoping to do more before then but heh, whoops.

And yet I don't really feel like leaving all of these request spots hanging. =-=

I've possibly mentioned, but I can sketch really fast, as opposed to finished drawings. Since I'm definitely not making a bunch of finished drawings, this is kind of a heads up that... I'm just going to sketch all of this fast and loose.

(>u>;; nothing's going to be super polished, but it's something, and I actually wanna draw the ideas here still)

Anywayyy if you're like, averse to that for some reason, let me know. (I've gotten around to taking refs for Of Moose & Men and Xenopixels, btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom