Tri Force Heroes Social Thread

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Anyone else interested in this game and bought it? Decent game but my only gripe is that is everything is geared towards online play and no in-game dungeons or quests to complete (other than through online of course). Other than that I love that it's a very collaborative game where you work together with other random Links and beat dungeons together. I can see a lot of parallels with Splatoon in this regard.

EDIT: Anyone here who wishes to post their 3DS FCs to play with each other online feel free to do so. Fair warning though: Region Lock is a thing for this game, so if you live in North America for example, you can only play with other people in North America.

Last edited:

Sheinpt

The Squid Kid B)
I mean, it isn't really the same most of splatoons gamemodes are WAY different. Triforce hero's game is more of a "you need [insert number of players] here. Splatoon is more of "You need teammates to actually cooperate with you and not get tunnel vision.

I am excited for the game though, I have yet to buy it.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's more fun than I was expecting, but admittedly, I had pretty low expectations going into the game. The online co-op is a lot of fun, I've had mostly good experiences. I've also come to enjoy the single player after initially hating it.

However, it's definitely one of the weakest Zelda games in the series. While fun, it's not very substantive. If you are a huge Zelda fan who is OK with online multiplayer, I recommend it. If you aren't, I would advise waiting for a price drop, or skipping it altogether.

As of right now, Halo 5 and Splatoon are much more interesting to me, which is kinda depressing. Usually, a new Zelda game gets immediate priority over all other games, but Tri Force Heroes just doesn't excite me enough.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Was excited about this game before, but after playing it, I was far from impressed. I haven't even touched the online yet, but I did touch the single player mode and it's way too tedious. As for the story itself, I find it way too campy with the whole fashion thing and whatnot. Thought it was out of place for a Zelda game.

The game itself is easily the weakest Zelda installment and it's obviously only for people who like multiplayer games in general. Whenever I get the chance, I'll try out the online. I'm sure it won't be all that bad.......right?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I haven't even touched the online yet, but I did touch the single player mode and it's way too tedious.
Well, you're carrying the weight of three people over your shoulders with the additional weight of two soulless dolls. Of course it's going to be tedious.

Multiplayer's the only way you're going to make it work.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Well, you're carrying the weight of three people over your shoulders with the additional weight of two soulless dolls. Of course it's going to be tedious.

Multiplayer's the only way you're going to make it work.
You'd think they at least make the single player better with the option to have the other Links follow you like in FSA. Saves a lot more time instead of having to carry the dumb dolls everywhere in order to solve puzzles.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
You'd think they at least make the single player better with the option to have the other Links follow you like in FSA. Saves a lot more time instead of having to carry the dumb dolls everywhere in order to solve puzzles.
Well, the way it functions here is how it functioned in the original Four Swords, except with three Links instead of two. I can't see the formation system of FSA working in a FS-styled game.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I mean, it isn't really the same most of splatoons gamemodes are WAY different. Triforce hero's game is more of a "you need [insert number of players] here. Splatoon is more of "You need teammates to actually cooperate with you and not get tunnel vision.

I am excited for the game though, I have yet to buy it.
Well, either way, you still need to work together to complete the dungeons. The number of players is irrelevant because there will always be three(unless one disconnects of course). Also, it is very possible to be unable to know how to complete a dungeon even with the three of you. A couple of days ago I played online and all three of us didn`t know what to do to solve a puzzle. We were stuck for about 10 minutes looking around and then finally one of us found the solution. While a similar scenario can`t really happen with Splatoon, it exemplifies the need to put your heads together and cooperate not unlike Splatoon, if not more so.

*Tri Force fix the title please
Sorry about that. Fixing.

I'd like to play the game with peeps from SquidBoards.
Just tell me your 3DS FC and we can play online. A third person would be nice though.

Was excited about this game before, but after playing it, I was far from impressed. I haven't even touched the online yet, but I did touch the single player mode and it's way too tedious. As for the story itself, I find it way too campy with the whole fashion thing and whatnot. Thought it was out of place for a Zelda game.

The game itself is easily the weakest Zelda installment and it's obviously only for people who like multiplayer games in general. Whenever I get the chance, I'll try out the online. I'm sure it won't be all that bad.......right?
Sorry the game doesn`t impress you. While I agree it`s not the best Zelda, I do find it be an enjoyable game. It`s just a bit different from what most Zelda games are like. This game was obviously not meant to be played on single player. You should try going online; it`s much more preferable. You can also battle against other Links online, 1v1v1. This is something I`ve always wanted in a Zelda game, so that`s another plus if that`s your thing.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Did someone say third player?! I am also looking for people to play Triforce Heroes with.
Sure, the more the merrier! I guess we could all play together, if GeneraLight is ok with that. Let me know your fc so we can get this started! Then from there we can set up a time.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Sure, the more the merrier! I guess we could all play together, if GeneraLight is ok with that. Let me know your fc so we can get this started! Then from there we can set up a time.
Sure, my FC is 0147 1814 0122.

I believe two friends can still play with one stranger, right? If so, we don't need to worry about getting three people together.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Sure, my FC is 0147 1814 0122.

I believe two friends can still play with one stranger, right? If so, we don't need to worry about getting three people together.
Oh yeah, I think that`s true. Just let me eat dinner first then we can start. Do you have skype? Mine is ryujiroh

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Oh yeah, I think that`s true. Just let me eat dinner first then we can start. Do you have skype? Mine is ryujiroh
Sounds good, but I probably won't be able to play too long tonight. As for Skype, I'll send you a contact request, I'm not exactly sure what my skype name is. It's a long story. XD

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Sounds good, but I probably won't be able to play too long tonight. As for Skype, I'll send you a contact request, I'm not exactly sure what my skype name is. It's a long story. XD
Alright, I added your code. Mine is 0044 3176 2969. Maybe one quick dungeon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom