• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Uninvolved Inklings?

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
If you look at the part of the Direct where they talk about the Sunken Scrolls that you find in single player, you can see on one of the scrolls they show some weird drawing of what looks like a Turf War (there's even a cat with a bowtie there! is that Judd's ancestor? :scared:), so maybe turf wars have been around for a long long time

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
If you look at the part of the Direct where they talk about the Sunken Scrolls that you find in single player, you can see on one of the scrolls they show some weird drawing of what looks like a Turf War (there's even a cat with a bowtie there! is that Judd's ancestor? :scared:), so maybe turf wars have been around for a long long time

What is interesting here is that you can press A to show research notes. So that you will get some backstory on some of these strange drawings. Which is probably going to be the main reason for why I play the campaign. To learn the backstory of the game.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Kinda related, but If you look at the front of the weapon shop, the sign seems to portray that the shop was established in 60000.

How far in the future IS this game actually?

View attachment 166 View attachment 167
I watched a show on the Discovery Channel once that speculated on how creatures could continue to evolve after humans left the earth, and one of their ideas was that squids and octopi could eventually, given a long, LONG period of time and a great flood wiping out land-based creatures, become the next intelligent life forms. I don't remember exactly how they came to this conclusion but I thought it was pretty interesting at least.

In any case, that's extremely observant of you to notice something like that. XD

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I'm pretty sure in the direct (The UK one at least) the narrator says something about Inklings being territorial, which leads to these displays. And as is seen by Splatfests, it's obviously treated as some kind of Extreme Sports type scenario, and like most Extreme Sports, it has that certain Culture attachment, which in this case seems to be Punk and Rebellion.

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
That remains the question though, where are the parents of the Inkling children? What occupations do the have besides shop owners? Do the parents participate in Turf wars too?
Wait... What if all of the parents were killed off by the octarians... That would be incredibly dark...

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Kinda related, but If you look at the front of the weapon shop, the sign seems to portray that the shop was established in 60000.

How far in the future IS this game actually?

View attachment 166 View attachment 167
to further your question, on what planet did marine animals evolve into humanoids, and why is judd, a cat, in charge of who wins or loses? where are the dogs if there is a turf war that is dogs vs cats?! all mind blowing questions i need answers to stat!

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
to further your question, on what planet did marine animals evolve into humanoids, and why is judd, a cat, in charge of who wins or loses? where are the dogs if there is a turf war that is dogs vs cats?! all mind blowing questions i need answers to stat!
Judd is waiting for the weaker of the two teams to emerge so he can feast.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I'm going to guess that the inklings who don't turf war was forced out of business (Walleye Warehouse) or habitat (Saltspray Rig).

Undr

Inner-city adolescents shooting each other over turf and their colors? I think we all know what part of society these Inklings are from. You may think I'm joking but c'mon. Not to mention the urban graffiti theme to the game.

It's literally, "How would Nintendo make GTA San Andreas into a competitive shooter?". lol

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass

I love this image so much. Just look at it...it's perfect.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
The strapping cat on the scroll looks a little more fit than Judd, probably because the time period in which the scroll is from predates use of refined sugars and grains in food.

Seriously though, the scroll looks like it's supposed to be from the late-Neolithic-to-Bronze age, pretty much what we would associate with our familiar ancient civilizations of Egypt or the Mediterranean.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I don't think every Inkling participates (eg. Callie and Marie), so from that, I gather that is just a sport played for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom