Update 2.8.0 patch notes

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Because he meant accuracy.
The accuracy of shots lowers when jumping (Thus increasing the spread of the ink bullets) and they made the Pro more accurate now when jumping
I guess that makes sense, but I didn't think the Pro had any such issue to start with. It only gets one shot in per jump, anyway, and that shot pretty much travels where you aim... or?

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
I'm really not liking that Zimi nerf, but people still use the Octoshot and Tentatek, so I guess that's fine. Besides, you can just slap on some Special Charge Up and you're good to go.

Edit: Maybe I should learn another weapon. As it stands, I'm just a one trick pony. I tinker around with the Heavy Splatling and its variants, but it's still a Splatling.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Seriously though, are the devs just afraid that buffing (and i mean a serious buff) the ink mine, H-3, sloshing machine, because they might be turn out to be too op?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Aww man, this is pretty underwhelming especially compared to last patch. I would say well atleast they buffed the right things, but they did a bad job of it as I don't feel they're gonna make any real difference for the Aerosprays, Nozzlenoses, Rapid Blasters, Sloshing Machines and Ink Mines. The Brush buff does seem pretty great though, but otherwise eh. I really hope this isn't the final patch.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Yeah this update isn't too exciting...

But as a carbon main, after the heart attack the best bomb changes gave me I'm just thankful they didn't change anything else with it.... o_O

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
woohoo ink brush buff! Though it may seem small, we will see less bad brushers getting stuck in enemy ink and swinging to their death as a result. Brushers will also gain special faster since more ink will be put out and will potentially be faster and take an extra hit due to us not taking damage for standing in enemy ink.

I am glad this feature is unique to the brushes, in relevance to the roller class. It seems like brushes could use the movement more than the others.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Eclipsc70, You bring up some good points. I guess I've gotten so use to it that I'm overlooking how useful this patch will be to us. Every little bit helps in increasing the brush population.

Might mean I'll also have the option to use Ink Resistance a touch less too.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Coming from an avid Octobrush user, that Brush buff is just what the doctor ordered. Far too often I am not quite able to escape because I need an extra swipe under my feet before I can scurry away, but now that'll already be done for me. More ink spread around, more mobility...this is a great buff for the Brushes.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm definitely happy for the buff to Inkbrushes and Octobrushes. While I would have preferred a damage buff at least for the Inkbrush, it's still a very good buff indeed. I'm often running Ink Resistance with the brush and I'm curious if this buff will help enough that Ink Resistance may not be necessary at least for the Octobrush. It'll help out both newer brushes and more experienced ones. c:

The Zink Mini's nerf was completely deserved and needed. I'm a Splatling main and while I don't enjoy using the Zink very often, I do use it occasionally when its needed during matches. The weapon is fast and it's a force to be reckoned with. Theoretically, a good Zink shouldn't even be dying that much. You may be close range but you're still a Splatling. If you're a Zink and dying too much... You do need to most likely learn better strafing and better sneaking. So even as a Splatling main, I see the nerf to the Zink as being very useful and deserved.

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
I think the Stealth Jump nerf was both necessary and unnecessary. There wasn't much of a counter to it and rollers (more specifically Dynamos) could just fly in out of nowhere and make a key play. Then again, that is what made Stealth Jump unique and gave it more of a purpose. Rollers have gotten nerfed quite a bit in the past several updates.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I really love the brush buff too! The octobrush was already pretty great, but now that small change will make a world of difference. (つ°ヮ°)つ-----E

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Haven't had a chance yet, but have any of my adorable fellow brush users had a chance to put the new brush buff to use? (And yes, we indeed are adorable, adorably dangerous, nowshutup! xP)

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Damn right im adorable. Yeah I tried out the brushes and I have to say I dont like it much on tthe octobrush; It feels almost non existant on it. I think the blotch needs to be bigger because the octos foot blotch is not too effective. The ink brushes blotch however is awesome. I think it has something to do with the fact that the ink brush can put out more ink quicker so the ground is covered almost instantly. I dont usually use ink resistance up but I tested it out with the new buff and it really makes a difference; Kinda feels like im skating around everywhere. I dont thikn resistance is necessary though.

They should make both blotches for th brushes slightly bigger and increase the strafing speed of the brushes by 10 and 5 percent for the ink brush and octo brush respectively.

Note* The foot blotch comes out starting on the 2nd swing of the brush and continues I believe every 3rd swing or so.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Maybe it's just my imagination, but... I think the SM strafe buff is really good! Just trying it out in the shooting range, I felt so much more mobile than before, and I proceeded to have a really good time in S rank TC with the Neo. It's not the buff I thought the SM deserved but it genuinely helps it without risking it becoming unfairly strong, and if that's what the developers were going for, I can understand. Hopefully it gets a range buff in 2.9.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Oh wow, nearly forgot sloshing machines exist after. 2.7. Fell off that wagon after repeated soda slosher pummelings. Guess it's a good time to try hopping back on.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
Now that I don't need ink resistance as much on the brushes, I picked up the nouveau again, and I've been doing great with it. I still feel like the regular brush needs more buffs, but the octobrush seems really solid.

Has anyone tried the sloshing machine or the rapid blaster? Are they any better? I highly doubt it, but maybe those weapons are a bit more usable now, who knows.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
Haven't had a chance yet, but have any of my adorable fellow brush users had a chance to put the new brush buff to use? (And yes, we indeed are adorable, adorably dangerous, nowshutup! xP)
i love it so so much ;~; finally i don't get stuck in my ink all the time! finally i can wear something better than ink resistance! (stealth jump is my favourite shoes ability, i hate being without it)

i noticed it instantly on Octobrush honestly, and when putting it to the test i DEFINITELY got the benefits of it. i'm really really happy about this buff. like. way too happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom