• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

using friends to "cheat" in turf wars?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Lack of region option really sucks, that way Japan would be isolated from the rest of the wolrd. :D
TECHNICALLY I love playing with the Japanese....I tend to learn interesting strategies from them. BUT I just don't understand how it is that they're so GOOD at Splatoon!? :D

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Well at first I thought "maybe he's true, matchmaking changed, I didn't play turf in a while". So I tried. First game, everyone was trolling and not playing, so, well. Second was 4v3. So here comes the third game I made:

I took a weapon I'm barely S+ with. Actually last time I checked, I was able to go S+ only because Splat Bombs, but I was not able to stay S+ and went back quickly in S. As you seem to be used to chargers, I believe you'll notice my moves are those of a real charger user. Still, I believe I would be able to win this game even in 3v4, as the opponents are barely moving and don't even see the Splat Bombs coming. Most of the urf games I see are like this one.

You rush the middle: no one is there. Awful. Ink walls are almost never seen. Like "a wall can't turf, so why should I take it?".

Well anyway I'm not saying I, or any S+, can win any 3v4 turf game. But I still believe most games have a level so low that if I have to bet, I prefer to bet on the S+ with only two allies team, than the team I know nothing of.

PS: As you can see I didn't turk all that much. Ranked and turf are different, but my basic game plan can be applied to both: kill people able to prevent you to play the objective, play the objective and repeat.
Well you are assuming the other 4 are not of high skill, esp when falling for splat bombs like that. I seen some crazy TW matches, like for example, when I was doing the pokemon splatfest me or me and another teammate where the first to middle of the camp middle, like your replay, but bring in Japanese players 10 pm-12 am my time they play like their life depended on it. You have 4 v 4 right on the middle like it is TC and stuff, can get crazy, maybe the person was trying to get across a 3 v4 can't be carried if both teams have S+ like skill on both sides? Personally I stay away from rushing like you did because a slow player may see you and ruin your chances to flank like you did. I rather stay in the middle a bit and stop them or slow them down from going to the side. Regardless that was good play by you.

What some people don't realize is that when it seems like other people are lagging, it might just be your lag, or Splatoon's cheap and crappy servers. It's very rarely other people's lag I've come to realize
it does not matter what the reason is, who's lag it is or if it is hack or not, the point is people do not want to run into it again and block helps with that.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well you are assuming the other 4 are not of high skill, esp when falling for splat bombs like that. I seen some crazy TW matches, like for example, when I was doing the pokemon splatfest me or me and another teammate where the first to middle of the camp middle, like your replay, but bring in Japanese players 10 pm-12 am my time they play like their life depended on it. You have 4 v 4 right on the middle like it is TC and stuff, can get crazy, maybe the person was trying to get across a 3 v4 can't be carried if both teams have S+ like skill on both sides? Personally I stay away from rushing like you did because a slow player may see you and ruin your chances to flank like you did. I rather stay in the middle a bit and stop them or slow them down from going to the side. Regardless that was good play by you.

it does not matter what the reason is, who's lag it is or if it is hack or not, the point is people do not want to run into it again and block helps with that.
Well, that was not really good play, as I shouldn't normally hit. It's just because they don't move, because as I said I can't even stay S+ with this weapon. If you find a 4 S+ team in turf, and your three allies are C, you're obviously screwed. But what I meant is that in a huge amount of turf games, the seven players you're playing with will probably more between C- and A than A+ and above, and with this you have enough weight to win 3v4. It would be insane to say "I can 3v4 any TW game, pick 4 opponents and two allies". :D

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Well, that was not really good play, as I shouldn't normally hit. It's just because they don't move, because as I said I can't even stay S+ with this weapon. If you find a 4 S+ team in turf, and your three allies are C, you're obviously screwed. But what I meant is that in a huge amount of turf games, the seven players you're playing with will probably more between C- and A than A+ and above, and with this you have enough weight to win 3v4. It would be insane to say "I can 3v4 any TW game, pick 4 opponents and two allies". :D
oh yeah trust me I know, I try to tell others the same thing, or even starting out with 3 v 4:
Splatfests are weird, and the skill gaps are enormous, be interesting to see how the new system works for NA splatfests. For finding good tw players, if you play at the right time, you can find some really hard core Japanese players XD they are fun XD but in general 2 S+ like skill can pro 2 v 4 the average players, esp if the 2 learn to coordinate with each other.

Award

Yeah, I think there's a "ranking system" in TW just like for ranked, it's just behind the scenes and invisible. I played TW mostly all the way to LV 50, so I've seeded the matchmaker for TW well. The MAJORITY if my TW matches are against A+/S/S+ opponents, so TW is quite a bit more intense for me than for a lot of people. People always talk about how "chill" TW is and I just think "huh?" :p I do sometimes get that scrubby C+/level4 set...but more often than not it's a high skill opponent. My team, not so much (I'm telling you...the matchmaker hates me) That said in TW I don't mind the imbalance, that's my chance to go 1v1 with a bunch of Japanese S+'s...they're really fun 1v1 in TW, and they go heavy on the Booyah's :D

I'm looking forward to the next splatfest where it's more competitive TW :) Sadly I'll be gone half the day and miss half of it. :(

LAX

Pro Squid
NNID
ninfanjohn
Yeah, I think there's a "ranking system" in TW just like for ranked, it's just behind the scenes and invisible. I played TW mostly all the way to LV 50, so I've seeded the matchmaker for TW well. The MAJORITY if my TW matches are against A+/S/S+ opponents, so TW is quite a bit more intense for me than for a lot of people. People always talk about how "chill" TW is and I just think "huh?" :p I do sometimes get that scrubby C+/level4 set...but more often than not it's a high skill opponent. My team, not so much (I'm telling you...the matchmaker hates me) That said in TW I don't mind the imbalance, that's my chance to go 1v1 with a bunch of Japanese S+'s...they're really fun 1v1 in TW, and they go heavy on the Booyah's :D

I'm looking forward to the next splatfest where it's more competitive TW :) Sadly I'll be gone half the day and miss half of it. :(
Must've taken a long time to get to level 50 huh

Award

Must've taken a long time to get to level 50 huh
You ain't kidding! :D

There was some ranked in there mixed in but not a whole lot. Most of the level grinding was just through TW. I played a LOT of TW though and spent a LOT of time practicing chargers before taking them into ranked, so the time passed quickly :)

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
TECHNICALLY I love playing with the Japanese....I tend to learn interesting strategies from them. BUT I just don't understand how it is that they're so GOOD at Splatoon!? :D
I get a bit bored because on every game I just get matched against them, I'm curious to watch how do other countries play. If you like learning from japanese, why don't you try niconico? I did learn a lot on my Dynamo days there :)

Award

I get a bit bored because on every game I just get matched against them, I'm curious to watch how do other countries play. If you like learning from japanese, why don't you try niconico? I did learn a lot on my Dynamo days there :)
Haha, I get matched with and against. And I do recognize that not all Japanese players are amazing. Some are in fact as awful as awful can be. And those are always on my team. :p It's just that most of the very best players in the game seem to be Japanese, and the good Japanese players seem to have a different set of tactics than everyone else.

That's actually a good idea. I still don't have an account there....I was going to create one for the Squid Sisters Concert, but wasn't able to figure out how to get in in time :D Still, there's no substitute for actually playing them 1v1. You learn a lot more by getting splatted :p

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Haha, I get matched with and against. And I do recognize that not all Japanese players are amazing. Some are in fact as awful as awful can be. And those are always on my team. :p It's just that most of the very best players in the game seem to be Japanese, and the good Japanese players seem to have a different set of tactics than everyone else.

That's actually a good idea. I still don't have an account there....I was going to create one for the Squid Sisters Concert, but wasn't able to figure out how to get in in time :D Still, there's no substitute for actually playing them 1v1. You learn a lot more by getting splatted :p
I normally play with japanese (almost only) and consume many of their info (like Fmyknote, 2ch wikis, niconico) this helps me to improve on their language too. I think niconico have a english sign in site, if not, want me to create an account for you? :)

Award

I normally play with japanese (almost only) and consume many of their info (like Fmyknote, 2ch wikis, niconico) this helps me to improve on their language too. I think niconico have a english sign in site, if not, want me to create an account for you? :)
Sad...back in high school I could have learned Japanese and didn't....I wish I had now! :) Though I'd have forgotten it by now anyway. And I'm HORRIBLE with languages in general :D

I'll check it out again, I think it did have an english signup but I wasn't sure what I was doing - and I was doing it last minute before the concert started so I was in a hurry. I'll check it out later and let you know :)

Inksploder

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FruitMaster951
I once did Turf War with my friend to help him level up.
When we got on other teams... I crushed him :D

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So far I'm semi-regular with at least one group of people. If we're on opposing teams, it's just legal excuse to beat the ink out of each other. If anything, the randoms on the other team get off light because we don't know them ("Step aside Random! This roller has my buddy's name on it!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom