• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ver 2.2.0 new meta

IJaysephI

Inkling
NNID
Jayseph
The new meta will be 4 inkbrushes rolling around because that buff was too OP :cool:

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Reasons why rb is better than ever before:
- blaster nerf indirectly buffs rb as it's superiority is better seen and now is the only blaster that benefits from damage, besides maybe countering defense.
- recovery time buff makes it possible to escape bad situations, its actually a huge difference and I'm very much enjoying it.
- zooka and kraken nerfs mean you have an easier time punishing these specials, still pretty hard, but it's easier.
- walls aren't good anymore, one suction bomb should take care of them for the most part. or a few rb shots, quite easily only two. (sorry for the innaccuracy I haven't had much time to test it, but from the time i was able to I was very happy with wall nerfs.)

Also E liter is still freaking amazing. didn't move from my #1 spot. I don't see js rising up in the ranks tbh. the ink efficiency was something good players could get around and get used to, only made the weapon easier not really better IMO.
dual has a real presence over the spro.
Nzap has a real presence over splattershot, and definitely 52 with wall nerf. And in general nzaps are just annoying bc their fast.

The only thing I don't like is that the dynamo kinda got the short end of the stick with the ink nerf I don't think that was needed. Also wall nerf was kinda excessive.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Reasons why rb is better than ever before:
- blaster nerf indirectly buffs rb as it's superiority is better seen and now is the only blaster that benefits from damage, besides maybe countering defense.
- recovery time buff makes it possible to escape bad situations, its actually a huge difference and I'm very much enjoying it.
- zooka and kraken nerfs mean you have an easier time punishing these specials, still pretty hard, but it's easier.
- walls aren't good anymore, one suction bomb should take care of them for the most part. or a few rb shots, quite easily only two. (sorry for the innaccuracy I haven't had much time to test it, but from the time i was able to I was very happy with wall nerfs.)

Also E liter is still freaking amazing. didn't move from my #1 spot. I don't see js rising up in the ranks tbh. the ink efficiency was something good players could get around and get used to, only made the weapon easier not really better IMO.
dual has a real presence over the spro.
Nzap has a real presence over splattershot, and definitely 52 with wall nerf. And in general nzaps are just annoying bc their fast.

The only thing I don't like is that the dynamo kinda got the short end of the stick with the ink nerf I don't think that was needed. Also wall nerf was kinda excessive.
Read this post as to why blasters still benefit from damage up.

While the indirect one shoting will now be gone, the blasters never really cared about it in the first place. Also from my experience from using blasters (since I main them due to their many perks) indirect one shotting was kind of random. If anything, it was simply RNG in our favor that we never really relied on in the first place. Hell I get far more direct hits from the weapon then I ever did indirect one shots. Also, Blasters don't rely direct hits for the vast majority of their kills. The real ice cream to the weapon was and is still the 2-shot indirect kills. The mere fact that I can hit people around corners and at higher elevations efficiently allows for me to truly take advantage of my surroundings like no other weapon.
They still benefit a bit from the perk because it truly stops the opponent from recovering enough health when they run away from you to survive the 2nd shot. Damage Up was always about kill assurance.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
I'm actually doing better with Blasters than before with this patch, oddly enough. Though I do feel the nerf at weird times (i.e., not always getting 2hko with the AoE while they're swimming away, since them living was a rare occurrence pre-patch). Are people just not respecting the AoE? I'm getting less people trying to deadzone me as well.

~

On another note, run speed up NZAPs are really annoying. At least Blaster AoEs can shut them down if you play your mindgames right.

VGS VGS VGS VGS VGS

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
This patch definitely has had some interesting effects, although nothing that really majorly affects anything I use. The movement buffs on Dual and Zap are definitely the most immediately noticeable, but in general most of the buffs come down to being nice new perks more than anything. I think that people who were good with the stuff that got nerfed will continue to be good with it, just for reasons more in line with how the weapons were probably intended to be used.

All in all, this is pretty much all I could ask for in a balancing patch, the strongest stuff got toned down a bit, and the weaker things were given more benefits. Not every competitive game patches this well, so I commend the dev team for actually paying attention to how the meta is progressing. One thing I wonder though is if the Krak-on Roller is going to be dethroned as the most ubiquitous Roller due to the fairly sweeping nerfs its set got. Anyone have any feelings on the rule changes to ranked modes?

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
lunar blaster seem like the blasters to go now (mainly because of its fire rate and OHKO). swim speed instead of dmg is a lot more potent on it after this patch. just needs more variants. Ink mine and the inkzooka ain't doing it justice, imo.
Thoughts?

edit: Also, dynamos are still awesome. Nzap is a bit crazy with that run speed. And pp kraken sniper will be my go to

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
It did seem like dynamos were a bit easier to deal with last night. At the very least, easier to trade with, if not kill outright because you could approach from off-center.

NZaps though...it could have been the lag, but they seemed to kill me out of nowhere. I didn't even see them half the time, just dead and the kill cam follows them across the map.

I did notice a lot more echolocator because of the changes though. Many more dual squelchers and NZap 85s running around. I will probably have to put a cold-blooded build together...

Nucleose

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KingNucleose
I haven't had access to my wii u for a while so if anyone has a video of how N-Zap runs and shoots with 3 run mains I'd love to see it

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Read this post as to why blasters still benefit from damage up.

They still benefit a bit from the perk because it truly stops the opponent from recovering enough health when they run away from you to survive the 2nd shot. Damage Up was always about kill assurance.
Yes I know they still benefit from it, I guess I meant they don't really benefit from stacking it. One main and a few subs should be more than enough.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
I did notice a lot more echolocator because of the changes though. Many more dual squelchers and NZap 85s running around. I will probably have to put a cold-blooded build together...
This. I ran into a lot of NZaps in duos last night that chained Echoes. Even with Cold Blooded on, it's quite annoying, because they often popped it twice in a row just to get the full 6 seconds on me. Oddly enough, Japan doesn't seem to like running CB very much, so the same tactic works against them.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
After having several Splatzones battles against Dynamo Rollers, I can really feel the nerf. In Splatzones I regularly use the Splash-o-matic. Their movements were much slower, and it was easier to close the distance and kill them even with my short range. That's a really big deal to me personally, as the short range of the Splash-o-matic vs. the range of the Dynamo almost always results in my death.

After each of the battles I checked the Dynamo users, and they were all very experienced with the weapon(usually having more than 150,000 turf inked) and I could tell they weren't as effective as usual. Maybe the dedicated Dynamo users will put in the time to make it work in spite of the nerf, but until then, I feel a little safer.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
After having several Splatzones battles against Dynamo Rollers, I can really feel the nerf. In Splatzones I regularly use the Splash-o-matic. Their movements were much slower, and it was easier to close the distance and kill them even with my short range. That's a really big deal to me personally, as the short range of the Splash-o-matic vs. the range of the Dynamo almost always results in my death.

After each of the battles I checked the Dynamo users, and they were all very experienced with the weapon(usually having more than 150,000 turf inked) and I could tell they weren't as effective as usual. Maybe the dedicated Dynamo users will put in the time to make it work in spite of the nerf, but until then, I feel a little safer.
Those dynamo's are frauds, sorry.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Those dynamo's are frauds, sorry.
I wouldn't be sure of that, even the frauds stopped me dead in my tracks before. I'm not suggesting that all Dynamo users suck now, but if I can take them down, that changes the game for me in a big way, even if the meta remains untouched in a broad sense.

I should also point out these were all S and S+ players with, again, a lot of turf covered with the Dynamo. They definitely weren't using the Dynamo for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom