• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ver 2.2.0 Patch notes out

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Even with sub-par aim, I think the Blaster line was a bit too strong for the most part. Having it nearly gimp anyone on Towers/Rainmaker was such a pain. Though using Splash Walls might be a non-option for rank now. Really needed that sub. Could at least buff Ink Mines. :\
The thing is that they needed that strength since they shoot so slow. I mean, everyone complained about the Rapid Blaster because it splatted in 2 direct hits, even if it had better range and better rate of fire

Aromaiden

Full Squid
According to NWPlayer, it's still possible to one shot with a blaster; you just have to be very accurate.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
The thing is that they needed that strength since they shoot so slow. I mean, everyone complained about the Rapid Blaster because it splatted in 2 direct hits, even if it had better range and better rate of fire
In a way, yes. But I think it was the matter that it was strong enough to cover its weaknesses for splat efficiency. So now I can see them more as a support weapon for others to finish off or at least keep away. Otherwise, it'll require a little more aim than random shots.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well here are the blasters nerf
Wait, didn't the patch notes say that the direct hit damage would be limited to 100? If they only changed the splash damage then its nowhere as bad as I thought. Also, I'm getting a 404 when trying to open the patch notes

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Roller nerf doesn't seem too bad, looking at the footage. just make sure your head is aligned properly

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I know everyone is looking at the NZAP right now.
In before N-Zap 85 becomes the new Ttek. :p

These changes are quite huge, I wonder what will become the new "overused" weapon in ranked now, and I wonder how this will affect competitive play as well.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
So your aim has to be more accurate with Roller now, and less mass kills...

It's adaptable to keep using Dynamo it'll just be harder to use, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom