• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ver 2.2.0 Patch notes out

SydVicious

Inkling
NNID
Rugal-Bernistein
Thanks Nintendo for the hard hit to rollers.....I stop to play this....

RIP my Dynamo and other rollers

Last edited:

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
wait were the brushes on the list at all? if they weren't then they weren't affected

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
With the nerfs to Blasters, everyone seems to be ignoring the nerf to Splash Walls, which are far more annoying than any Blaster shot. Splash Walls really needed a nerf. They were way too strong, especially on Port Mackerel Tower Control.

On another note, loving the buff to Dual Squelcher and the nerf to Kraken.
I'm happy with the nerf to Splash Walls that was one of the few things ingame that really needed a nerf, so I'm happy with those changes.

Also, I thought the overreaction to the blaster nerfs was more like "oh no blasters are going to be useless now" instead of "they actually needed a nerf" type reactions. Honestly, I don't mind the changes at all and I know some would say that they needed to be nerfed due to how annoying it is to deal with them so I'm not going worry about it and continue using the Luna like usual.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
I'm happy with the nerf to Splash Walls that was one of the few things ingame that really needed a nerf, so I'm happy with those changes.

Also, I thought the overreaction to the blaster nerfs was more like "oh no blasters are going to be useless now" instead of "they actually needed a nerf" type reactions. Honestly, I don't mind the changes at all and I know some would say that they needed to be nerfed due to how annoying it is to deal with them so I'm not going worry about it and continue using the Luna like usual.
well i did find a good idea on those splash walls but i dont think i'm the only one who thought it
if your opponent is between the splash wall and if you throw a suction bomb at the wall it will explode and kill them cause they are between the wall

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I really appreciate the nerfs to Blasters and Rollers. Blasters will have to put some more effort to get 1HKOs same with Rollers.

I wonder how significant the 20% strafing speed increase for the Dual Squelcher will feel. I've tried to use it but just how slow strafing is what turned me away from it online. I certainly won't be a Jr. strafing speed (which is one of the reasons I main Jr.) but more mobility is good.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
i gotta say, this patch is addressing most of the game's overpowering glares. no more floods of teams consisting of dynamo, eliter, blaster and something with splash wall. now only a trickle. and thank goodness the roller damage now only one hits when it touches you. there was nothing more frustrating than being camped in a corner or ledge because the other team decided to use two dynamos, and a .52 with their eliter.

as for the other adjustments, i'll have to play with them and see how they feel. i'm not complaining though. all of my mains got a buff of some kind, and even though the splatling's wall isn't going to last, and will use more ink, i now know my baby will tear through those walls as easily as i can put one up. it's gonna be interesting to see what the 'standard' teams will consist of now.

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
So now the H-3 Nozzlenose should have the same range as the .96, Splattershot Pro and Dual Squelcher right? I think it should have been that way from the start but better late than never.
It had the same range as the L-3 before, which was either exactly the same as the .96, Splattershot Pro, and Dual Squelcher or slightly below. Now it should outrange them.
  • Tentatek Splattershot nerf seems almost nonexistence
The Inkzooka nerf does hurt the Tentatek, though. 0.55 seconds to 0.92 seconds for an Inkzooka shot? That's definitely going to hurt it.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
It had the same range as the L-3 before, which was either exactly the same as the .96, Splattershot Pro, and Dual Squelcher or slightly below. Now it should outrange them.
The Inkzooka nerf does hurt the Tentatek, though. 0.55 seconds to 0.92 seconds for an Inkzooka shot? That's definitely going to hurt it.
it'll be interesting to see if h-3's can finally do something about my squelchers. and i really like the turf increase for the l-3. that thing was the most useless weapon for anything but straight assault.

as for the inkzooka delay. that's double the time, and considering how delayed stealth jump felt when they patched it, it might make that special a rare counter to snipers only. and you better have backup when using it.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
i use the octoshot and i sometimes use the inkzooka but i'll still use it when ever i need it but nerf or not ill still use my octoshot ^_^

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
it'll be interesting to see if h-3's can finally do something about my squelchers. and i really like the turf increase for the l-3. that thing was the most useless weapon for anything but straight assault.

as for the inkzooka delay. that's double the time, and considering how delayed stealth jump felt when they patched it, it might make that special a rare counter to snipers only. and you better have backup when using it.
The range is also a nice touch because otherwise it absolutely gets slaughtered by anything that matches its range. With this now you can outrange every shooter not named Jet Squelcher (even then I'm not sure if you can tie with it or not).
The trifecta has a friend, and his name was Tentatek (or Octoshot, if you're one of the fresh squids)

SUPERJEM94

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SUPERJEM94
I was talking about the damage of the Tentatek. The Inkzooka nerf does sound bad on paper. :/

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
I was talking about the damage of the Tentatek. The Inkzooka nerf does sound bad on paper. :/
The damage nerf, I agree with. However I'm not sure if this makes it possible to stack enough Defense Up perks to warrant a four-hit Splat. If so, it's a bit more major. Either way, poor Inkzooka

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The damage nerf, I agree with. However I'm not sure if this makes it possible to stack enough Defense Up perks to warrant a four-hit Splat. If so, it's a bit more major. Either way, poor Inkzooka
I think it was already possible to make the Splattershots take an extra shot with Defense Ups, although I'm not sure if it required 2 mains or 3 >_>

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
I assume it means the tracking tags caused by point sensors, echolocator, and haunt are much more translucent than before
And disrupter too? I hope not. Disrupters' tracking squids or whatever it is were already pretty small, and didn't show through walls at all.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
The range is also a nice touch because otherwise it absolutely gets slaughtered by anything that matches its range. With this now you can outrange every shooter not named Jet Squelcher (even then I'm not sure if you can tie with it or not).
gives me a reason to give it another chance now.

I was talking about the damage of the Tentatek.
yeah, it's such a small difference i think one damage sub could negate that. still a great weapon.

And disrupter too? I hope not. Disrupters' tracking squids or whatever it is were already pretty small, and didn't show through walls at all.
maybe it means the spider threads linking to the points? i could just follow those to my opponents. with a bit of transluscence, it might be harder.

if it's point sensors only, that'll suck, for your reasons exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
I think it was already possible to make the Splattershots take an extra shot with Defense Ups, although I'm not sure if it required 2 mains or 3 >_>
This'll really require more testing in the time after the patch is released. If it can be easily reduced that'll be something to watch out for.
gives me a reason to give it another chance now.
Yeah, I actually liked the H-3 when it came out. Being a Charger, I could easily get into this gun now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom