• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Version 2.4.0 Coming Tomorrow

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Splatoon is being updated to version 2.4.0 tomorrow! It includes the following balancing changes:

Matchmaking Adjustments:
In Regular Battle and Splatfest, players of similar skill will be matched more often.

Rainmaker Adjustments:
Added prohibited areas in Walleye Warehouse, Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, and Flounder Heights in Rainmaker mode.

When players enter the prohibited area while carrying the Rainmaker, the amount of time they are allowed to hold the Rainmaker will decrease faster as a penalty.

Stage Adjustments:
Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Port Mackerel: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Flounder Heights: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Museum D’Alfonsino: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker mode.

Battle Fixes:
Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which the countdown moves more than usual when a player gets the Rainmaker in the air.
Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which the bombs’ blast waves inflict damage on the Rainmaker shield even when there are obstacles between the bomb and the shield.
Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which Splash Walls placed near each other by the same team take damage when one of them blocks an ink splat.
Fix the issue in which bombs that are thrown near a wall do not fly straight and makes contact with the wall.

Other:
Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Sounds pretty nice! The Rainmaker prohibited areas are an interesting addition. I'm assuming they'll be the areas that normally make it easier to get to the goal.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'm especially glad about the matchmaking fixes. I can recall so many battles that either my team or theirs lost because someone was underleveled compared to everyone else in the room. With those fixes we can hopefully have some more even matches!

Also, I am going to eat my socks if in-battle breakdancing becomes a legtitimate thing they're implementing.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'm especially glad about the matchmaking fixes. I can recall so many battles that either my team or theirs lost because someone was underleveled compared to everyone else in the room. With those fixes we can hopefully have some more even matches!

Also, I am going to eat my socks if in-battle breakdancing becomes a legtitimate thing they're implementing.
From what I've been told, dancing is apparently mapped to the left on the control pad, with taunting being on the right. But I'll need to find a source.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Not to be rude, but what's your source for all this? Would add a lot of credibility if you had a link or two to where they said all this :)

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I'd be a bit cautious about being able to dance in matches being a thing...but, well, you never know. Though anything that makes squid parties more attractive to do is a big NOPE in my book : P

Anyways, the matchmaking changes are very welcome in Turf. Getting smacked around by Level 50s or smacking around Level 8s was getting pretty tiresome.

I think the Forbidden Zones might be places like the very top part of Saltspray, where you can just go and hide on top of the crane to stall out the match.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
i think in saltspray they should've just made a large wall blocking that area entirely. i think people will still camp in the back even though the timer speeds up. also if this is bringing back tower control saltspray back in rotation, then i'm a very happy squid. i got really sick of zones salt to a point where i won't even play there anymore, (now i will again ofcourse)

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Hm... how come I never know about these things?
Anyway, I'm guessing the "prohibited" zones are basically just to prevent camping from the Rainmaker. We all know how frustrating it is when we had a chance right up until the Rainmaker decides to go and hide in their base.

On the other hand, I legitimately have no idea what they mean by "shortcuts". If anything, most of these stages need more routes, not less. So, I'm really hoping that isn't what they are referring to. And I hadn't heard of or seen any of the issues mentioned in practice, but I guess if they needed fixing go for it.

Would be down for some dancing too. xd

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Oh my, this means this next Splatfest will be down to the wire lol. Afaik Naughty and Nice are fairly equal in number so it should be pretty intense.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
So does that mean Saltspray Rig Rainmaker will re-enter the rotation? After the 2.3.0 update, Hammerhead Bridge Rainmaker returned. To my knowledge, there isn't really anything drastic about Saltspray Rig Tower Control though, so I don't know why that was gone.

Would've liked to see them move the Rainmaker goal in Blackbelly Skatepark though so that, too, can re-enter rotation.

There's such a thing in the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic mobile game, if that's any consolation. Your ponies could be working or just going about the day and then impulsively head out into an open space with a bunch of other ponies and do a coordinated dance number.

Hm... how come I never know about these things?
Anyway, I'm guessing the "prohibited" zones are basically just to prevent camping from the Rainmaker. We all know how frustrating it is when we had a chance right up until the Rainmaker decides to go and hide in their base.

On the other hand, I legitimately have no idea what they mean by "shortcuts". If anything, most of these stages need more routes, not less. So, I'm really hoping that isn't what they are referring to. And I hadn't heard of or seen any of the issues mentioned in practice, but I guess if they needed fixing go for it.

Would be down for some dancing too. xd
Yeah, I'll bet these prohibited zones will be team-specific (but can overlap) and are to further discourage hiding with the Rainmaker when you're ahead. I can imagine C and C- rooms becoming even MORE chaotic though, with people who don't know what to do with the Rainmaker thinking the countdown ticking faster means they're closer to winning.

As for those shortcuts, I think they're referring to glitches and exploits.

Oh my, this means this next Splatfest will be down to the wire lol. Afaik Naughty and Nice are fairly equal in number so it should be pretty intense.
Yeah, that last bit, I feel, will drastically affect win rates in Splatfests. I hope it'll obliterate that whole less-popular-team-wins thing in the American ones.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
There's such a thing in the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic mobile game, if that's any consolation. Your ponies could be working or just going about the day and then impulsively head out into an open space with a bunch of other ponies and do a coordinated dance number.
And... what does that have to do with anything?

Sasy

Inkling
NNID
aWanderingArtist
Wait. Where's the "Bluefin Depot: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker mode."
Ahhhh

Anyways, this update seems mostly centered around RM, but I'm fine with it. I really enjoy them, actually. The prohibited areas is a nice touch that will discourage camping. I like the Splatfest update, but the regular battle I'm iffy about the little information we have on it. If I recall correctly, Turf Wars already throws similar players together due to the amount of turf inked? Or so I've heard. I have sometimes gone to Turf and fooled around, and as a result was placed with players lower than level 10 due to the amount of turf I inked.. or rather, the amount of turf I didn't ink.

I'm curious as to how this update will work, but I look forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom