• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Version 2.4.0 Coming Tomorrow

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Honestly I feel like the Rainmaker free zones are pointless. Those should be entirely blocked off, not just prohibited, because you can still go inside those areas.

I also think the Saltspray Rig should be changed further in Rainmaker because it's very prone to spawn camping. Splash Wall + Killer Wail during the final push leaves the enemy team so utterly helpless to stop it that it's disgusting.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Tbh I love rainmaker, it's my fave mode, but I kinda don't wanna play it anymore, I'll just stay B and level up slowly in Turf... Does anyone know what the OOB areas are on the map though?
and what's up with Arowana Mall UGH!

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Honestly I feel like the Rainmaker free zones are pointless. Those should be entirely blocked off, not just prohibited, because you can still go inside those areas.
You will be splatted when you go into the Rainmaker-free zones. It's a harsher penalty than if they were just blocked off. It's basically the game saying, "Come in here if you wish, but you'll regret it." It's a lot like how Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X allow you to visit areas you're not supposed to, but the enemies will kill you quickly if you do. You're being punished for breaking the rules.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
The thing is, if you get shot in the restricted area will the RM still reset?
No-one has confirmed that yet.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
The thing is, if you get shot in the restricted area will the RM still reset?
No-one has confirmed that yet.
I wached 2dos's stream yesterday, he took it to the prohibited areas just to show people where it is, then had the enemy kill him. Rainmaker did not reset back to the middle.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I wached 2dos's stream yesterday, he took it to the prohibited areas just to show people where it is, then had the enemy kill him. Rainmaker did not reset back to the middle.
It only resets to the middle if it explodes when the timer hits zero. Being splatted doesn't do that, apparently

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
It only resets to the middle if it explodes when the timer hits zero. Being splatted doesn't do that, apparently
Yes, we already know this. I just wanted to know if it reset to the middle if splatted in the rainmaker free zone/restricted area.

JfiveevifJ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Leyrwithe
The Turf matchmaking doesn't feel that different. Still lots of level 50s and Level 10s in my lobbies.

Unless my performance is just THAT all over the place...
The matchmaking adjustment has been a total fail. Splatfest today, multiple rounds in a row:
27, 50, 40, 36 vs. 42, 23, 9, 9
36, 26, 10, 14 vs. 31, 3, 19, 4
36, 26, 10, 14 vs. 9, 14, 11, 8

I could go on for 7 more rounds (I took pictures I was so shocked and disgusted). It was wacky, and totally unfair - this isn't salt either, I was on the winning side of these match-ups.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Yes, we already know this. I just wanted to know if it reset to the middle if splatted in the rainmaker free zone/restricted area.
Have to try that out for myself, I haven't been able to play Rainmaker with the new rules yet.

The matchmaking adjustment has been a total fail. Splatfest today, multiple rounds in a row:
27, 50, 40, 36 vs. 42, 23, 9, 9
36, 26, 10, 14 vs. 31, 3, 19, 4
36, 26, 10, 14 vs. 9, 14, 11, 8

I could go on for 7 more rounds (I took pictures I was so shocked and disgusted). It was wacky, and totally unfair - this isn't salt either, I was on the winning side of these match-ups.
Yeah, I noticed a lot of wackiness today, too. I was either getting steamrolled or doing the steamrolling. I wonder what they changed.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Maybe this is just me but I noticed that the enemy team often had similar weapons or weapon types to my team.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom