• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Viability of recycled brella

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
So the new main brella weapon has been releases for a bit now, what do people think both on how viable it is and its playstyle. I think cause of its low shield hp, it is unable to be aggressive, but the shields paint very well and can be launched often, so I think it is good at walling out areas like a tent but with a lot of smaller shields instead of one big one. Personally I don't this weapon is good at fighting without a teammate, but with a teammate near it can deal enough damage to get an easy pick. I don't like line marker on this because the only thing it really does for the new brella is combo potentially, the weapon paints well enough so it shouldn't need to paint its feet with its sub. Bubble works a lot better with it where it can use its shield to get in a spot to use its bubble, but it suffers at protecting its bubble and I think will use the bubble for a teammate to control the area instead of it, and in zones it can bubble on zone to help stall the zone. I think this is generally a support zones niche, but I haven't messed with it too much so I would like to see others views.

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
As someone who doesn't use brellas, it's probably my favorite of them so far. It is tough to play well from my experience, but it excels in being mobile and is one of the best weapons that line marker is on because it combos so well in many situations. However, it lacks in defense because you aren't able to hold your shield up due to this, and even when launched it gets destroyed really fast, so working around its range is important.

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
As someone who doesn't use brellas, it's probably my favorite of them so far. It is tough to play well from my experience, but it excels in being mobile and is one of the best weapons that line marker is on because it combos so well in many situations. However, it lacks in defense because you aren't able to hold your shield up due to this, and even when launched it gets destroyed really fast, so working around its range is important.
Something to note is that if it does need to defend itself, it can shield flare, it just does it quicker than a splat brella. I think that keeping range is optimal like you said, but the shield flaring is another option to keep it safe

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
So far, it's really hard to say, I'm still figuring out that thing's playstyle but from what I've played it kind of feels like a tent at hyperspeed, with a lot of mobility and lots of shield launching you can be a bit tricky to take down.

It kind of seems like a very heavy momentum weapon, you can push back the enemy team with your fast midrange damage + your shields, fight at an angle tent style, and set up really aggressive big bubblers to really snowball getting a pick or two. It's very fun, but I'm kind of doubtful that playstyle's going to work at higher levels since you don't have a one shot, your shield is very flimsy and you don't paint very well.

Casually though I've been having a lot of fun trying to learn it, it's really cool

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
The kit is "fun" but def weak
The big question is on the main weapon and I think it needs some buffs the damage feels fine but the shield hp feels awful im very curious how they will (if they will) buff it

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I really don't understand what role it's supposed to play since Tent is already a mid range Brella option from what I know. It doesn't have the one shot but kills more reliably than regular Brella, the shield is extremely weak but regenerates quickly, and it has Big Bubbler that makes the weak shield protection less of an issue but the main weapon looks like it'd want to move around more and not lock itself in one place.
To be fair though, I don't play Brella's at all.
I think it's the weapon class I know the least about but the kit looks fine to me.
Maybe the shield needs a bit more health and of course, angle shooter isn't helping it as much as the Splatoon devs might think.

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
I somewhat play brellas, and with my very limited experience with it, I think it's fine. The main problem imo is that it lost the ability of flashing its shield during battle because of the quick launch time un like the normal Splat Brella, however the high damage and longer range arguably makes up for it. I have no idea what the devs were thinking with Angle Shooter and Big Bubbler thought, but maybe I just need more experience with it? Once the community has a general idea of how well the weapon works and how well the kit synergizes with the main weapon is when I think we'll see a general concensus of its viability.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I’ve been attempting to learn the weapon; the competitive viability will be up in the air for a while due to how difficult the weapon is to use compared to even the other brellas. On the one hand you have what is just a better Splat Brella, while on the other you have a worse Tent shield with Undercover HP. Props to the devs for creativity.
Can’t complain about the kit; Dart synergies well, it’s just bad, and Bubble has its uses.

I think if some insane bloke decides to one-trick this thing (couldn’t be me) then it might have a shot in comp, but until it sees a tourney result it’ll be eternally top of mid tier on the popular SplatTubers’ tier lists.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
I feel like the big thing holding it back is the kit conflicting with what the weapon wants to do. It wants to move and fight, but Bubbler keeps it in place, and Line Marker.

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
I feel the recycled brella is more passive than people would think. The shield has too low hp to defend itself, being able to get even one shot by a trislosher or pencil, meaning rather than following its shields, it stalls choke points with its shields. The shields have good paint and it can output a lot of shields, but it is unable to safely use them for itself. I do not think that brella is good at holding space, but it seem to like to fight from range and can keep space decently well. It is able to launch a shield and swim behind it to put up a bubble in more aggro positions, but it typically would not use the bubble for itself as this brella is not good at holding space with kills, but rather stalls choke points with shields and chip damage. I find the line marker combo to not shave off much time at all, and it is more consistent and ink efficient to just shoot another shot from the brella. I think this brella is a support that helps its team take fights and stall areas, but I do not think it will be seen very much until it gets a shield hp buff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom