Splatoon 2 Weapons that aren't meta that probably could be

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I knew I'd see the Flingza on here, but you're all still missing the biggest strength of the Flingza - versatility.

It has a horizontal flick objectively worse than the Splat (though only by pixels because 3.0.0), but land a single vertical flick before the enemy gets close, and that flick suddenly has far better killing potential than the Splat. The horizontal also lets it go into rolling without a lengthy startup, which is a real problem for the Dynamo.

The vertical flick is lower-ranged than the Dynamo and deals less damage, but it's better at scouting and painting, and the faster startup time makes it more immediately useful, especially when peeking or when attacking the Tower or up ledges.

The roll is just identical to the Splat's. Nothing to say there, it's useful for painting while moving, and for killing superjumpers and around corners.

Splash Wall seems odd, but it makes enemies predictable, which makes them easy prey for either flick. It also acts as an actual wall for close-ranged weapons, which is surprisingly effective, and as cover against snipers.

Splat Bomb Rush deals damage, which makes the horizontal flick better; makes enemies predictable, which makes the vertical flick better; and forces the enemy to swim away from the blast, which makes the roll better. The trick is to mix in your Flingza attacks with the bombs, rather than just bomb spamming.

The long and short of it is that the Flingza is great at everything, if you have the patience to observe the enemy and predict their movements, and the skill to follow through on your predictions.

P.S. Use Thermal Ink. It's almost a broken combo with all the buffs it and the Flingza have gotten, and it sure as hell helps with the whole prediction thing.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I knew I'd see the Flingza on here, but you're all still missing the biggest strength of the Flingza - versatility.

It has a horizontal flick objectively worse than the Splat (though only by pixels because 3.0.0), but land a single vertical flick before the enemy gets close, and that flick suddenly has far better killing potential than the Splat. The horizontal also lets it go into rolling without a lengthy startup, which is a real problem for the Dynamo.

The vertical flick is lower-ranged than the Dynamo and deals less damage, but it's better at scouting and painting, and the faster startup time makes it more immediately useful, especially when peeking or when attacking the Tower or up ledges.

The roll is just identical to the Splat's. Nothing to say there, it's useful for painting while moving, and for killing superjumpers and around corners.

Splash Wall seems odd, but it makes enemies predictable, which makes them easy prey for either flick. It also acts as an actual wall for close-ranged weapons, which is surprisingly effective, and as cover against snipers.

Splat Bomb Rush deals damage, which makes the horizontal flick better; makes enemies predictable, which makes the vertical flick better; and forces the enemy to swim away from the blast, which makes the roll better. The trick is to mix in your Flingza attacks with the bombs, rather than just bomb spamming.

The long and short of it is that the Flingza is great at everything, if you have the patience to observe the enemy and predict their movements, and the skill to follow through on your predictions.

P.S. Use Thermal Ink. It's almost a broken combo with all the buffs it and the Flingza have gotten, and it sure as hell helps with the whole prediction thing.
Definitely true, I agree with you almost complete. I think the Splash Wall is the best thing you can have on the Flingza

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Flingza is quite underrated for sure. The Japanese person with the highest X Power in all modes (except Zones) uses the flingza. It's vertical flick paints quite well, splash wall helps in many situations, and bomb rush is super strong. Horizontal flick for quick kills too. It's a pretty nice weapon.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Flingza is quite underrated for sure. The Japanese person with the highest X Power in all modes (except Zones) uses the flingza. It's vertical flick paints quite well, splash wall helps in many situations, and bomb rush is super strong. Horizontal flick for quick kills too. It's a pretty nice weapon.
I think it may shove its way into the meta if Nintendo buffs it again...

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Alright, I had a good time listening to this video, but I think you missed some points. And I disagree with you on some things.

You forgot to mention that the dapple dualies are arguably the best beacon weapon available right now. Which (for me personally) makes them seem like a must pick on a map like Moray. The only other weapon that comes close in viability is the krak-on splat roller, and that's rather 1 dimensional in it's approach. I've seen the blue ones do just about the same give or take the map/mode combo.

I don't think it's fair to say "H-3 D is a better N-Zap in every way", since both weapons play differently. N-Zap sacrifices it's killing power for mobility and to be more of a flexible pick on your team. (You can effectively slay, flank, or support as an N-Zap with not much adjustment) Meanwhile, H-3 D is forced to be more reserved on a team, thanks to the fact there's a ton of endlag on each shot, and it has less mobility. But aim your shots well, and you'll be able to keep the back line alive with this weapon.

Not going to lie, when I heard you say " (Bamboo) has the best kit of all the chargers in this game." I paused the video, and yelled "WHAT" "NO WAY" "NO" "STOP PLS". I just don't see how that is. Maybe in comparison to the E-Liter's and Squiffer's kits. But definitely not the splat charger's kits. With one boasting a splat bomb for up close, and a stingray to defend tower/rainmaker pushes. And the firefin having a splash wall (making it pretty good for countering other long range weapons) and a suction bomb launcher for massive turf coverage.

I just don't see how the curling bomb + tenta missiles can be better than either of those kits. There's no extra turf coverage coming from there, or any close combat capabilities coming from it as well. Even if there is, it's much harder to use than the other two kits to use. Especially when you pair them with an already difficult weapon in the bamboozler.

Clash Blaster is okay, it's extremely one dimensional and it's only useful for tower control and some rainmaker maps. Apart from that, it's not going to be doing much in zones and clam blitz. I don't think it's going to see a big usage increase, especially because it just got a nerf to the stingray. And blaster options on a team are usually met with a custom blaster, rapid blaster, or a vanilla blaster.

But I think whenever clash gets a good map/mode, it's definitely a force to be reckoned with there. Which is why I don't think it'll be meta because most meta weapons are overall good on most maps and modes. Instead of excelling on a couple maps and modes, and then playing poorly on the rest.

Finally, I'm suprised you didn't cover this weapon.
If you're going to compare weapons to each other, I'd compare the foil squeezer to the forge pro. Their roles are rather similar, and so are their kits. They're two frontline weapons that have bubble blower with a bomb. Allowing them to start team pushes with the bubbles, namely in clam blitz and splat zones.

Foil Squeezer has a ton of potential, and it could take off if people take the time to master it. It's definitely one of those weapons that are high risk, high reward, which is what I hope this game's meta slowly favors to. The fact that it outranges the splattershot pro with no rng is just impressive and makes it rather consistent when going for kills.

The only thing that really drags it down is the painting. The semi auto painting is atrocious. I say this as a range blaster main, so you know it's bad. Other than that, not much is that bad for it, and it can be successful. The auto fire is a bit pathetic, but it's not used much for combat, and even up close, you have a splat bomb to help you out. So you're not always relying on that 4 shot kill if you mess up your aim.

The rest I could agree with / relate to.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Alright, I had a good time listening to this video, but I think you missed some points. And I disagree with you on some things.

You forgot to mention that the dapple dualies are arguably the best beacon weapon available right now. Which (for me personally) makes them seem like a must pick on a map like Moray. The only other weapon that comes close in viability is the krak-on splat roller, and that's rather 1 dimensional in it's approach. I've seen the blue ones do just about the same give or take the map/mode combo.

I don't think it's fair to say "H-3 D is a better N-Zap in every way", since both weapons play differently. N-Zap sacrifices it's killing power for mobility and to be more of a flexible pick on your team. (You can effectively slay, flank, or support as an N-Zap with not much adjustment) Meanwhile, H-3 D is forced to be more reserved on a team, thanks to the fact there's a ton of endlag on each shot, and it has less mobility. But aim your shots well, and you'll be able to keep the back line alive with this weapon.

Not going to lie, when I heard you say " (Bamboo) has the best kit of all the chargers in this game." I paused the video, and yelled "WHAT" "NO WAY" "NO" "STOP PLS". I just don't see how that is. Maybe in comparison to the E-Liter's and Squiffer's kits. But definitely not the splat charger's kits. With one boasting a splat bomb for up close, and a stingray to defend tower/rainmaker pushes. And the firefin having a splash wall (making it pretty good for countering other long range weapons) and a suction bomb launcher for massive turf coverage.

I just don't see how the curling bomb + tenta missiles can be better than either of those kits. There's no extra turf coverage coming from there, or any close combat capabilities coming from it as well. Even if there is, it's much harder to use than the other two kits to use. Especially when you pair them with an already difficult weapon in the bamboozler.

Clash Blaster is okay, it's extremely one dimensional and it's only useful for tower control and some rainmaker maps. Apart from that, it's not going to be doing much in zones and clam blitz. I don't think it's going to see a big usage increase, especially because it just got a nerf to the stingray. And blaster options on a team are usually met with a custom blaster, rapid blaster, or a vanilla blaster.

But I think whenever clash gets a good map/mode, it's definitely a force to be reckoned with there. Which is why I don't think it'll be meta because most meta weapons are overall good on most maps and modes. Instead of excelling on a couple maps and modes, and then playing poorly on the rest.

If you're going to compare weapons to each other, I'd compare the foil squeezer to the forge pro. Their roles are rather similar, and so are their kits. They're two frontline weapons that have bubble blower with a bomb. Allowing them to start team pushes with the bubbles, namely in clam blitz and splat zones.

Foil Squeezer has a ton of potential, and it could take off if people take the time to master it. It's definitely one of those weapons that are high risk, high reward, which is what I hope this game's meta slowly favors to. The fact that it outranges the splattershot pro with no rng is just impressive and makes it rather consistent when going for kills.

The only thing that really drags it down is the painting. The semi auto painting is atrocious. I say this as a range blaster main, so you know it's bad. Other than that, not much is that bad for it, and it can be successful. The auto fire is a bit pathetic, but it's not used much for combat, and even up close, you have a splat bomb to help you out. So you're not always relying on that 4 shot kill if you mess up your aim.

Any opinions in the Flingza? That has been a topic of recent discussion

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I think it may shove its way into the meta if Nintendo buffs it again...
I don't think they will. It's not really a weapon that many people want to be meta; I know I'd probably end up dropping it if it did. It's kind of an anti-meta weapon, and I think they'll want to keep it that way.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I played the Flingza yesterday...pretty amazing stuff. Getting verticals with the thing is so relaxing....

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I don't think they will. It's not really a weapon that many people want to be meta; I know I'd probably end up dropping it if it did. It's kind of an anti-meta weapon, and I think they'll want to keep it that way.
The only weapons that people don't want to be in the meta, are god tier weapons that are overused and already part of the meta. People are always open to new weapons becoming more competitively viable, and competitive players are growing a respect for the flingza and how it plays. It's not quite there yet and it's still underrated, but it's bound to happen. But to my original point, people never say "I don't want this weapon to be meta" if they're referring to a "bad weapon." E-Liter is a good weapon and doesn't deserve the flack it gets.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I know this sounds weird but I have respect for any underrated weapon that sneaks up and all of a sudden becomes meta, especially if I have played with it back in its OG days and thought it was OP then. While I don’t think the Flingza was good in 1.0 I do think it got to much hate for what it’s worth.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Great work on the video I love the point one the weapons you covered
So a non-meta thread...well here I go (warning: u might have enough for a sequel after this rant)

Goo-d tuber
right now this weaon has on of the highest skill ceilings in the game due it's partial charge and partial charge storing mechanic.
But this also makes it one of the most flexible chargers in a game.
This weapon when I do come across it is insanely good a tough challenge to beat...yet has been kinda hung by the waistline in spite of it abilities and kit.

Squeezer
Honestly I am very condfused why this was never truely in meta...the squeezer has tons of range is a 3 shot kill and has no rng when in long range mode, plus if you mash it like a brush you can easily keep cover a whole lot of area (or you culd just hold zr to quickly cover turf and build up special.
The 2 real reasons why I feel this weapon should become meta though are 1 it had a range buff to it's turfing, it now possess a range similar to a nzap with bad rng (most time I land the 1st 2 hits and then let rng splat the enemy for the 3rd)
Plus it's got great kits the vanilla has ink wall which when combined with stingray recent nerf give a player a little more protection from a flanker.
While the foil literally has a superior forgepro kit, since it comes with splatbomb which are much versatile and again a weapon that can easily pop the bubble up close or sit back and pressure enemies from afar

New squiffer, firstoff let me say I do feel this weapon likely will need a buff (to it's range or charge speed especailly) but this weapon is great still pretty great and I do feel can fill a niche in meta.
High mobility, ballers and autobomb can keep ressure on enemies and force then to move from behind cover which a squiffer can follow up on with it' relatively quick charge time.
Then baller serves as a panic button and a push starter especially in mode like clam blitz and Rainmaker.
(P.S the reason why I am saying buff squiffer is cause the goo tuber partial charge has equal range and faster charge time than the squiffer)

Any ways those are my thoughts

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Tenta Brella should be meta.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Not it really shouldn’t, slow kill time unless you are at point blank range, bad mobility, slow pull out time, slow regen time. The weapon has been getting better and I have seen some people using it, wouldn’t consider it good by any means though. Kind of a gimmick weapon. It plays off its shield which isn’t actually that good to start with.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I'm going to try and respond to all of these in one post.

I say Bamboo has one of the better charger kits because it almost completely negates one of the class's main weaknesses, fighting at close range. The curling bomb lets it dart away at top speed immediately when an enemy tries to rush you down and is basically a splat bomb if you charge it for a second or 2. The entire weapon really fulfils that poking role with the main and missiles.

Clash is very map and mode dependent but definitely has its niche.

As for Foil Squeezer, I'm as surprised as you are! It's definitely the best Bubble weapon in the game, along with Heavy Deco. Did I mention any 3.0 weapons in this video? I might have filmed it before the patch I don't remember.
Any opinions in the Flingza? That has been a topic of recent discussion
Vanilla Flingza is one of the better in the Roller class (which isn't saying much, considering the only exceptional roller as of now is Splat) but still has some problems that weigh it down, notably, the damage and range stats need to be adjusted a bit. The 1-shot range is fine, but it drops very sharply to 40. Making it a more gradual slope would help the weapon out a lot.

As for Foil, that thing's unfixable.

Pukes and dies

Ketatnet

Inkling
NNID
ketatnet
Switch Friend Code
SW-8017-7454-5223
There is reason behind most of these weapons for not being in the meta or top tier, I say most because some of the weapons you list actually already play in the top level (CJS, Dapples, 52d on port).
Besides that I could see reasoning for a couple of the picks, but ill go over how most of these weapons are not strong.

Firstly, lets clear the air on what dictates this games meta in the first place. Since this game came out, AoE damage and team fighting weapons have always been the top picks on competitive team comps. The original v1.0 meta consisted of Inkjet, Armor, buckets, burst bombs and rapid. Armor and buckets both absolutely dominated in team fire scenarios while Inkjets, rapids and bombs from things like Tris and occasional Splattershots softened enemy teams up for said team fights and kept space around objectives. If you look at the meta now, the same idea applies. Rapid Pro dominates team comps with its high range AoE and mist to lock stragglers into it, CJS combos anyone near a zone, tower, or one of its teammates, and frontliners usually consist of ttek or custom blaster which both not only clean up for their team extremely easily given their speed and dmg, but carry Inkjets. Armor is not quite as strong but more weapons that can teamfight have released since (Rapid Deco, Rapid Pro, Range Blasters, CJS). Essentially, weapons that are not capable of consistently and efficiently cleaning up after their teammates and contributing to AoE are rarely going to be strong enough for a competitive team comp. Efficiency comes in the form of how well a weapon's kit works together with the main. For example, you might say that the 96 deco is a great mid-front line shooter; it has a decent range, super high dmg, newly buffed RNG and a now more versatile splash wall. On the other hand, it has a Splashdown. Besides being a free way to die in v3.0, Splashdown also simply offers nothing to the 96 to push it into the meta. Its like if the Splatoon 1 96 came with Inkstrike instead of Kraken, it would have no tools to hold onto its valuable life by repositioning for free. Alongside that, some weapons also unfortunately fall into inefficiency due to competition with other weapons. Why would you ever pick JS over CJS for example, where both weapons try to accomplish the same playstyle with the CJS doing it better by a landslide. Well, with that long winded explanation out of the way, i'll get to the weapons that you suggest

Bamboo is the most odd choice in my opinion, mainly because of how you explain its potential viability. You see it as a scouting sort of weapon, but also a frontline/flanking weapon in order to do said scouting. So if I were to run a more mid-frontline weapon that can scout positions, and also has a midrange to fight, why do I not pick something like Range Blaster or Rapid Pro? Bamboo has a bit more range on it, but Range and Rapid Pro both contribute to AoE infinitely more and both come with a far superior special. Tenta Missiles purpose is to force movement, yet their time of effect is extremely temporary if you are not already in a position to outright ignore them. Something like Inkstorm accomplishes their goal much better by cutting off a specific portion of the map (Unless you want to take 50dmg from rain and get blaster combo'd) for an extended period.

Next is H3D which is the most overhyped weapon in this game as far as I am concerned. It is a very easy weapon to make look great on paper. Decent range, good painting, solid supportive special, lethal bomb, and high kill potential. But then you realize that it doesn't come with 2 invincibility cards like it did in Splatoon 1. It all comes crashing down when you miss one of your full bursts on a target and die. The skill floor for competitive play is unrealistic whereas something like its Cherry H3 counterpart didn't need to worry about being perfect because of its backup options.

Clash Blaster is terrible. Sure you don't need to aim, but so what, you have no range or paint. It has a special it needs to back all the way up to use properly. It is the type of weapon that requires the enemy team to **** up hard in the first place in order to do damage. I think the best comparison is Splatoon 1 sploosh.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
There is reason behind most of these weapons for not being in the meta or top tier, I say most because some of the weapons you list actually already play in the top level (CJS, Dapples, 52d on port).
Besides that I could see reasoning for a couple of the picks, but ill go over how most of these weapons are not strong.

Firstly, lets clear the air on what dictates this games meta in the first place. Since this game came out, AoE damage and team fighting weapons have always been the top picks on competitive team comps. The original v1.0 meta consisted of Inkjet, Armor, buckets, burst bombs and rapid. Armor and buckets both absolutely dominated in team fire scenarios while Inkjets, rapids and bombs from things like Tris and occasional Splattershots softened enemy teams up for said team fights and kept space around objectives. If you look at the meta now, the same idea applies. Rapid Pro dominates team comps with its high range AoE and mist to lock stragglers into it, CJS combos anyone near a zone, tower, or one of its teammates, and frontliners usually consist of ttek or custom blaster which both not only clean up for their team extremely easily given their speed and dmg, but carry Inkjets. Armor is not quite as strong but more weapons that can teamfight have released since (Rapid Deco, Rapid Pro, Range Blasters, CJS). Essentially, weapons that are not capable of consistently and efficiently cleaning up after their teammates and contributing to AoE are rarely going to be strong enough for a competitive team comp. Efficiency comes in the form of how well a weapon's kit works together with the main. For example, you might say that the 96 deco is a great mid-front line shooter; it has a decent range, super high dmg, newly buffed RNG and a now more versatile splash wall. On the other hand, it has a Splashdown. Besides being a free way to die in v3.0, Splashdown also simply offers nothing to the 96 to push it into the meta. Its like if the Splatoon 1 96 came with Inkstrike instead of Kraken, it would have no tools to hold onto its valuable life by repositioning for free. Alongside that, some weapons also unfortunately fall into inefficiency due to competition with other weapons. Why would you ever pick JS over CJS for example, where both weapons try to accomplish the same playstyle with the CJS doing it better by a landslide. Well, with that long winded explanation out of the way, i'll get to the weapons that you suggest

Bamboo is the most odd choice in my opinion, mainly because of how you explain its potential viability. You see it as a scouting sort of weapon, but also a frontline/flanking weapon in order to do said scouting. So if I were to run a more mid-frontline weapon that can scout positions, and also has a midrange to fight, why do I not pick something like Range Blaster or Rapid Pro? Bamboo has a bit more range on it, but Range and Rapid Pro both contribute to AoE infinitely more and both come with a far superior special. Tenta Missiles purpose is to force movement, yet their time of effect is extremely temporary if you are not already in a position to outright ignore them. Something like Inkstorm accomplishes their goal much better by cutting off a specific portion of the map (Unless you want to take 50dmg from rain and get blaster combo'd) for an extended period.

Next is H3D which is the most overhyped weapon in this game as far as I am concerned. It is a very easy weapon to make look great on paper. Decent range, good painting, solid supportive special, lethal bomb, and high kill potential. But then you realize that it doesn't come with 2 invincibility cards like it did in Splatoon 1. It all comes crashing down when you miss one of your full bursts on a target and die. The skill floor for competitive play is unrealistic whereas something like its Cherry H3 counterpart didn't need to worry about being perfect because of its backup options.

Clash Blaster is terrible. Sure you don't need to aim, but so what, you have no range or paint. It has a special it needs to back all the way up to use properly. It is the type of weapon that requires the enemy team to **** up hard in the first place in order to do damage. I think the best comparison is Splatoon 1 sploosh.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I made the video the day 3.0 released, meaning I wasn't really taking much of it into consideration unless it was something big (ie, Glooga deco). As of then, CJS was seen almost always as an inferior Heavy, Dapples weren't being used as often, and .52 deco was only niche.

Comparing Bamboo and Range/Rapid Pro doesn't really work. You said it yourself, Range and RP are more front-mid line AoE weapons, while Bamboo moves around the field and pokes with its main and missiles. They aren't very similar at all. Also, bamboo is probably the best Ray counter. Long range, quick killing, a curling bomb to rush it quickly, and missiles that will force most Stingray users to waste their special running away.

Just about everything you said against H-3D can also be applied to Range, which you constantly praise.

Clash is niche, but works in the same way Luna did in S1. It has some of the best painting in the Blaster class, and just having Ray/Missiles/Splat bomb/Curling bomb lets it get in.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I'm going to try and respond to all of these in one post.

I say Bamboo has one of the better charger kits because it almost completely negates one of the class's main weaknesses, fighting at close range. The curling bomb lets it dart away at top speed immediately when an enemy tries to rush you down and is basically a splat bomb if you charge it for a second or 2. The entire weapon really fulfils that poking role with the main and missiles.

Clash is very map and mode dependent but definitely has its niche.

As for Foil Squeezer, I'm as surprised as you are! It's definitely the best Bubble weapon in the game, along with Heavy Deco. Did I mention any 3.0 weapons in this video? I might have filmed it before the patch I don't remember.

Vanilla Flingza is one of the better in the Roller class (which isn't saying much, considering the only exceptional roller as of now is Splat) but still has some problems that weigh it down, notably, the damage and range stats need to be adjusted a bit. The 1-shot range is fine, but it drops very sharply to 40. Making it a more gradual slope would help the weapon out a lot.

As for Foil, that thing's unfixable.

Pukes and dies
The new 3.0 weapons are probably my favorite alts they have released in awhile, they were all good. People can’t stop praising the Splash Neo, Gloogas finally got a good kit, Squeezer got another good kit, New Squiffer disappointing, haven’t really seen it like all the other weapons. I don’t know maybe other people like it. As I said before I really respect weapons that finally people see are actually good. Flingza went from being the least played weapon in competitive(according to some usage data) to now almost being in the meta and people finally seeing how good it is. I just can’t use it because I don’t main rollers at all

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
@ThatOneGuy
Any opinions on the Flingza Roller currently?
Just wondering, personally I really like the weapon, and I know a few other people think so too.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
@ThatOneGuy
Any opinions on the Flingza Roller currently?
Just wondering, personally I really like the weapon, and I know a few other people think so too.
I think flingza is a pretty good weapon. Being able to play as a sharker at close range, and then having the ability to poke from far away is pretty respectable. The turfing isn't bad either.

Splash wall is an okay sub on this weapon, as it can poke with the vertical from afar, but it consumes a ton of ink with it. Splat Bomb rush definitely helps the vanilla, as it can help retake map control for it to shark with.

Foil's kit with suction bomb + tenta missles aren't bad either. As this set does wonders on tower control. Suction bomb for zoning out opponents into your vertical flicks and tenta missles to make them rush into your horizontal flick is pretty good too. Tentamissles are just really inconsistent to combo + hard to get consistent use out of. They're not consistently getting kills like a stingray or an inkjet, and they're not turfing anything.

Overall, I think the weapon has a pretty good skill ceiling if you really want to climb with it. If you want to use it with other teammates on a competitive team or something, you're going to need turf support and make sure you have the right specials for the job or make sure someone on your team has a throw able bomb.

Just looking at what other players have done with this.

A player was able to get top X rank in 3 modes with just the flingza. Just getting #1 in X rank for a lot of players sounds inconceivable. But doing 3 with the flingza is just insane. Obviously, it took a lot of skill and understanding of the weapon class for this player to come so far with a weapon that most people considered below average, but it shows you the potential of this weapon.

Overall, the flingza can be a great weapon when used properly and it possesses the proper team support.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I think flingza is a pretty good weapon. Being able to play as a sharker at close range, and then having the ability to poke from far away is pretty respectable. The turfing isn't bad either.

Splash wall is an okay sub on this weapon, as it can poke with the vertical from afar, but it consumes a ton of ink with it. Splat Bomb rush definitely helps the vanilla, as it can help retake map control for it to shark with.

Foil's kit with suction bomb + tenta missles aren't bad either. As this set does wonders on tower control. Suction bomb for zoning out opponents into your vertical flicks and tenta missles to make them rush into your horizontal flick is pretty good too. Tentamissles are just really inconsistent to combo + hard to get consistent use out of. They're not consistently getting kills like a stingray or an inkjet, and they're not turfing anything.

Overall, I think the weapon has a pretty good skill ceiling if you really want to climb with it. If you want to use it with other teammates on a competitive team or something, you're going to need turf support and make sure you have the right specials for the job or make sure someone on your team has a throw able bomb.

Just looking at what other players have done with this.

A player was able to get top X rank in 3 modes with just the flingza. Just getting #1 in X rank for a lot of players sounds inconceivable. But doing 3 with the flingza is just insane. Obviously, it took a lot of skill and understanding of the weapon class for this player to come so far with a weapon that most people considered below average, but it shows you the potential of this weapon.

Overall, the flingza can be a great weapon when used properly and it possesses the proper team support.
You know, considering this was statistically the lowest played weapon in Splatoon 2, this thing sure has come a long way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom