What are some dream kits you wish were in the game?

MrUnsuspecting

Inkling
NNID
MrUnsus
Switch Friend Code
SW-8057-5705-2217
Octobrush with beakon and kraken or splat bomb zooka. Would have screamed so loud to see beakon kraken but nope they just had to give it rain instead.

Deepsink

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5185-1960-7222
I don't see many people wanting sprinkler. I'm genuinely interested to hear how it can be more valuable than other choices, especially in a dream kit scenario where you could have anything.
oh he just likes using sprinkler I dont but I can see why its fun, id love sprinkler if it got a few buffs such as less ink consumption and stay in second mode permanently

seacreatursaige

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8533-8559-3495
My dream kit is a Stamper with Auto/Kraken
I think it would strike a similar tempo to the zip sword but with different utility. Comboing Kraken and sword slashes just sounds like the most peak fun I could have with this game.

KiraEatsAir

Inkling
Burst/Kraken Jet Squelcher IT NEEDS TO COME BACK
Nogami baited me so hard when they revealed Cjet in the same season kraken was coming back...

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
i want..... either burst booyah or fizzy booyah on dynamo. i like fizzy bombs and i like burst bombs, and splat bomb is already on dynamo. in the Ultra Dream Scenario (changing the special) i would want splat bomb booyah bomb. it's a cool special....

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Ink Mine Zipcaster Explosher (burst is boring/cheating/never happening)

Not for viability

Simply for fun bc no fall off damage and all these crazy angles would be too fun
no way i thought i was the only person who saw the vision of explo with zipcaster. it's like the only backline that could reasonably get it so i really hope it happens it would be so fun

i made a whole doc writing down kit ideas for every single weapon in the game recently lol, maybe i should make a thread about that since it'd be cool to talk about it

kaasiand

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5912-2184-1423
I don't see many people wanting sprinkler. I'm genuinely interested to hear how it can be more valuable than other choices, especially in a dream kit scenario where you could have anything.
i'm a big sprinkler enjoyer; it's a really silly and versatile sub that often gets dismissed as only providing passive paint and nothing else (if it's only providing passive paint for your weapon and nothing else, that means it's just synergising poorly)

IMO, sprinkler kinda is to burst bomb, what suction is to splat bomb. it provides the same instant paint as burst bomb which is VERY helpful for movement especially on a weapon that takes long to fire once (like H-3), but gives you a more prolonged kind of pressure (similar to suction) rather than the instant paint/damage you get from burst bomb. and when thrown aggressively, it's giving enemies an extra target to shoot at (that may put them at a disadvantage if they ignore it, especially if thrown right on top of them), making it so you can afford to miss your shots a little more. bombs like suction/splat/torp won't help H-3's movement, fizzy will help with movement on ground but not up walls, and burst & angle last too short to be worth it on H-3 for me.

my reasoning for inkjet on it is a bit simpler: if you can land your H-3 crits, you can probably hit your inkjet directs just fine too. also, having a sprinkler active during your inkjet can also help distract or let you take on more than one enemy at once more easily (that prolonged pressure similar to suction bomb)

BananaSPL_

Inkling
NNID
Brycerw11
Switch Friend Code
SW-5758-5892-6580
I still want burst bomb and inkjet on Splat Dualies. Nintendo brought back the worst special from S2 to mess with us, I think we deserve it.

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
Squiffer with torpedo and zipcaster, stylish, can locate people while also distracting them, and can combo with tap shots (though unlikely because yknow, goo tuber can't do it well)

fukagamine

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2565-3900-9120
It's far fetched, but inkbrush with burst bomb and super chump would make for some really interesting plays🙏 the burst would help with the god awful damage falloff and i think, in a coordinated setting, your teammates could actually use chumps the way they were intended with the brush's speed

Boltz!

Inkling
Either sensor/wave or fizzy/rain for tri-stringer

Sensor/wave for location and fizzy/rain for chip damage

lucassaur0

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2099-7367-0992
flingza with splat bomb and kraken or zooka please 😭 I am so tired of mines and people calling it a missile spammer

ToastyGhost

Inkling
NNID
IAmToastyGhost
Switch Friend Code
SW-4329-2911-2996
I still want burst bomb and inkjet on Splat Dualies. Nintendo brought back the worst special from S2 to mess with us, I think we deserve it.
YES i feel like this is actually a possible kit too because vanilla had burst bomb and enperries had inkjet

as for other kits i want:
range blaster splat bomb kraken (my copium will never die)
soda slosher fizzy bomb tacticooler (this will never happen but it's the PERFECT kit thematically and i'm so mad that tri got it instead)
dread wringer torpedo tacticooler (with how much this thing paints it would make a perfect cooler weapon, and torpedo helps with its slow kill time by distracting the enemy or potential combos)
squiffer suction bomb zipcaster (i'm not exactly sure what sub weapon i want on squiffer but the fact that it doesn't have zip yet is a crime)
splash-o-matic torpedo zipcaster (another weapon perfect for zip that doesn't have it for some reason)

Maito.Komot

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3181-8721-4045
I know a decent bloblobber kit is pretty much impossible right now lmao but god if they gave it Splash Wall instead of Sprinkler? Or burst or fizzy and something like Inkjet so that it had more fighting potential? It would be so jover/hj
Other than that I would love to see a Soda Slosher comeback with burst bomb and zooka...soda slosher save me... soda slosher...

lucassaur0

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2099-7367-0992
oh my god burst bomb on a roller that isnt carbon would actually be so crazy

ry42

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3023-2080-2268
thought it would be fun to dream up 3rd kits for every blaster!

Luna - Burst/Kraken
range? what's that?
Burst is just kinda a blanket "good" sub, since I'm not terribly in love with the weapon and its subs are already plenty good. At least it can help with its mobility a bit if it gets caught out? Kraken at least more than makes up for the weapon's weaknesses though, since it doesn't have to worry about paint or lack of range.
Again I'm not super familiar with Luna or what it wants, but this is hopefully is better than its 2 current kits (or at least more fun).

Blaster - Torp/Wail
you're going to die..... when i get in
The ultimate "you better kill me before I kill you" weapon. Torp and Wail both do significant chip damage that combo with the main weapon, and usually force the enemy to reposition in order to not die immediately, letting you run straight at them. Honestly I can see Fizzy being a better option for that scenario in order to get you in easier, and is more spammable with LDE and with the Wail ink tank refill..... but its my list and I like Torp better :p
Honestly? Probably not that good of a kit in coordinated team play, but oh well!

Range - do I even need to say? (Splat Bomb/Kraken)
it's CRB. if you wanna know why it is so good.... idk go watch a ProChara video
but if you want an actual kit...
Burst/Missiles
they always make good range kits, huh?
Obligatory Grim Range reference. Burst is good for comboing with indirects (hopefully), and missiles is used to help it and its teammates get in. I swear Range isn't my least favorite blaster, it's just that the kits they already made for it are really good!

Clash - Fizzy/Wave
the B rank Berserker
Fizzy helps with movement while not being as bad as Curling, every outside hit reduces the shots to kill by 1, and is just generally good long range poking. Wave turns every 4 shot into a 2 shot, or a 1 shot with a direct, and the location helps in a similar way it does with Range.
Another super aggro kit that I think is definitely better than the 2 existing kits, but might make B rank players mald (not a dig at B rank players, but the weapon might be wayyy too strong at a low level).

Rapid - Burst/Crab
yep, it's just splash
What is there to say about Burst/Crab that hasn't been said already? Any hit of Burst combos with a direct, or turns indirects from a 3 shot to a 2 shot. Crab helps with pressuring longer-range enemies without the need to physically get in, and can act as a panic button if you are being chased down.
I think this weapon would be really good on backless comps, it being a good midline main weapon with one of the best kits in the game. Can play aggro, can anchor sort of, good at pushing forward, good at retake, etc etc, except for one small detail: it isn't a lame shooter!

Rapid Pro - Beakon/Cooler
wow! a good supportive blaster!
As the quintessential backline AND supportive blaster, I mean, how can I not? Some might prefer a different sub, like Wall for more aggressive positioning or any bomb for everything bombs are for, but I think the pure utility provided by a long-range weapon with Beakons and Cooler is too good to pass up.
Would this be good? I hope so. Would it be fun? Yes!!!!! For the first time in Splatoon 3 history, Rapid Pro would have a sub AND special that actually contribute to the game state! I definitely don't think it would be better than any of the current best Cooler weapons, but if there's any chance for a blaster with Cooler, it's this one.

S-BLAST - Marker/Ink Storm
maybe the weirdest sblast kit you'll ever see
I really want a super aggro weapon that plays with Storm with the new healing buff, and I think S-BLAST might be the perfect blaster for it. Being able to basically walk forward with your rain and heal before all the chip from your opponents kills you sounds like a really fun play style, and a unique way to play Storm that hasn't been see before. As for marker..... I want it to have a damaging low ink cost sub that can combo with the indirects that isn't Burst Bomb, and Marker is the only other one that exists. It can help with painting walls, or finishing off an indirected retreating opponent that swam out of range of your directs. Most of this kit is about the main + special combo anyways, so maybe Sprinkler would be better so you can get more Storms? Honestly, probably any other damaging sub would be better than Marker, but I'm sticking with it because it is interesting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are 6/8 of these bombs? Yes. BUT! I think that speaks more towards the sub weapon balance of the game, and the blaster class' weaknesses. There are probably other options that still work well, like Wall on Rapid Pro or Sprinkler on the main weapons that can do fine in fights without a sub, but I'm happy with my list. I don't think most of these would be at the tippy top of competitive viability, but I do know I would be very happy if all of these came to the game! Blasters are for sure my favorite class, and I would really like if a lot of them felt better to play.

If there are any kits you think are weak/you have an idea that would suit you better, feel free to let me know!!!
Also - would you want to see me do more of these for other classes?

psyfork

Inkling
In a sense a kit that you want and you believe would be amazing but would probably be unlikely. For my example my dream kit would be a Roller with Fizzy Bomb and Kraken. Fizzy would function as a great Curling alt, and make decent paint and poke. And Kraken is pretty self explanatory.
i definitely want to see zipcaster on splash and squiffer for sure but not sure if were going to get 3rd kits :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom