What are some features you would like to see in dlc

Unknownkid

Inkster Jr.
Hmm... probably already mention but...
-Spectator Mode and the ability to spectate your friends' match while you wait to join them.
-Create at least 3 "loadouts" so that you can simply switch sets before match starts. Compared to leaving the game all together and selecting your new deck.
-Ability to either vote for stages or play on a stage 3 times before switch to the other.

I am sure there is more on my mind but these are the most important to me.

Donkey_Inferno

Inkling
Judd for Smash 4.

Lmao nah but seriously but the obvious DLC would be Gear Packs. Extra Clothing and perks to go along with them.

And obviously Weapon Packs. We already know we are getting the Paintbrush as free DLC sometime this Summer. But one more Splattershot and one more Charger type weapon would be cool too.

Maybe a 3rd character too? I wouldn't mind playing as that badass Octoling Girl online too ;)

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Aesthetic DLC like gear and weapons skins feel like a very obvious and easy choice for Nintendo to me, and of course map packs help increase shooters' longevity if released periodically throughout their lifetime. I'd like to see some Single Player DLC as well tbh, because after a few months of the game, the campaign will be done for most.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
I think online DLC will be important to keep the game "Young". If done like Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors did it (2 DLC packs, months apart), I'd be pleased. Nintendo seems to handle DLC well at a very good value price. (This is of course speaking after all the free update over the next few months).

Personally I'd like to see the standard new map packs/new costumes and perhaps new weapons/combos. (Personally I think some kind of rocket launcher weapon would be awesome).

After reading a very interesting "Iwata Asks" interview about Splatoon and the development of the game, I think it would be quite awesome if we could get some new characters involved (perhaps the Rabbits that were originally intended... or maybe Tofu blocks)!

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
voice chat is one thing i really want...don't hate me but it's gonna be extremely difficult to have a competitive match without in-game voice chat

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
voice chat is one thing i really want...don't hate me but it's gonna be extremely difficult to have a competitive match without in-game voice chat
Without turning this into a voice chat debate, I don't see it being added, nor necessary based on the fact most games seem pretty straight forward.

Maybe, just maybe as a patched update (or if Nintendo ever added OS level voice chat), but not full on DLC.

Different hair styles would be cool, as well as more costume choices (I know the game is packed with them already, but the more the merrier!)

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
of course turf war's pretty straight forward but other game modes i don't imagine will be that simple to get around with zero communication

and as for hair styles it would be cool but i think they've designed the hats with the hairstyles in mind....It'd look strange if we had a long haired boy inkling or a short haired girl inkling

hair styles are also probably unlikely because the inklings don't have hair that's just tentacles bunched together on their head...so it'd be extremely difficult for them to do something like say "Afro Inkling" Or "Mullet Inkling"

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
of course turf war's pretty straight forward but other game modes i don't imagine will be that simple to get around with zero communication

and as for hair styles it would be cool but i think they've designed the hats with the hairstyles in mind....It'd look strange if we had a long haired boy inkling or a short haired girl inkling

hair styles are also probably unlikely because the inklings don't have hair that's just tentacles bunched together on their head...so it'd be extremely difficult for them to do something like say "Afro Inkling" Or "Mullet Inkling"
Haha, I don't know, I have a pretty good image in mind how they could do an Afro inkling!

I do wonder if they'll add more Nintendo references into the game, in terms of Mario inspired levels (Everyone screams sunshine!) as well as other IPs.

I personally would like to see a captain toad style level added in DLC

Homer Fanboy

Inkling
NNID
iamagrocerybag
I really really want more creative online modes. There is a lot of possibilities.
Off the top of my head, a mode where one team is stuck as squids, the other humanoid form. The squids have to outsurvive them maybe, idk. I just think that concept has a lot of potential. Reminds me of the Nintendo Land minigames like Luigi's Ghost Mansion and the Anjmal Crossing one.

And glow in the dark ink on some nighttime levels would be sick! And yeah I agree with everyone saying more hairstyles would be cool. High tentacle ponytails, flopped over in the front like bangs, braided, there could be some cool goofy stuff.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Not really an issue I mean CS needs 10 PCs to do e-sports so having 8 Wii Us isn't any different but if you mean at home then yeah kinda sucks but a lot of people do games online these days instead of local play anyway.
But what we don't have that we need is a way to hook those 8 consoles up through just LAN. Having to jump through online lobbies is a hassle and will increase ping time.
Probably like a horde mode. Like waves of octolings?
TF2 Mann vs. Machine? Sign me up.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
My DLC wishlist:

-Two-player splitscreen (if its possible without causing any FPS drops).
-Local 4v4 via LAN
-Capture the Flag
-Team Oddball
-Spectator Mode for online and local play
-Replays
-Clans (a la Halo 2)
-Private game browser
-Automated tournaments
-In-client streaming

Last edited:

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
A way to lock your appearance to a certain set of gear. A lot of mmos do this to give players the options to wear the best gear while still having the option to make your own unique appearance. Not really necessary but it would be nice to wear whatever you want without having to worry about stats on that exact set of gear.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
My DLC wishlist:

-Two-player splitscreen (if its possible without causing any FPS drops).
-Local 4v4 via LAN
-Capture the Flag
-Spectator Mode for online and local play
-Replays
-Clans (a la Halo 2)
-Private game browser
-Automated tournaments
-In-client streaming
All of these and...

+Button mapping
+Seasonal Leaderboards
+Pro/GC controller support (obviously needed for two player splitscreen)
+Aesthetic DLC

I would love to see a CS:GO DLC style for aesthetic DLC with a portion of it funding tournaments. It's very, very, very, very, very unlikely, but I would be ecstatic if it somehow happened

Last edited:

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
All of these and...

+Button mapping
+Seasonal Leaderboards
+Pro/GC controller support (obviously needed for two player splitscreen)
+Aesthetic DLC

I would love to see a CS:GO DLC style for aesthetic DLC with a portion of it funding tournaments. It's very, very, very, very, very unlikely, but I would be ecstatic if it somehow happened
Yeah I'd add all of this to my list, too. Too good to not have all of this stuff. Kinda disappointing we likely won't see much, if any, of it.

Mayday

NNID
MaydayBelieves
Yeah I'd add all of this to my list, too. Too good to not have all of this stuff. Kinda disappointing we likely won't see much, if any, of it.
I mean at this point I'd settle for the tournament basics + spectator mode considering what the game is launching with. Streaming events is so hard without a spectator mode.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Honestly, I'd rather not have Pro Controller support because dual analogs are a relic of the past people need to let go of already. In fact if I was in charge I'd take out the option to disable motion controls on the Gamepad so people are forced to get used to the new way of doing things. We're talking positional inputs vs. velocity, same principle as mouse/keyboard in a format that can finally be used on a console. We finally have something better, so can we please just kill dual analogs now?

Then again, we saw what happened to Kid Icarus Uprising, just can't force people to move on no matter how much better it is. Sigh.

Mayday

NNID
MaydayBelieves
Honestly, I'd rather not have Pro Controller support because dual analogs are a relic of the past people need to let go of already. In fact if I was in charge I'd take out the option to disable motion controls on the Gamepad so people will be forced to get used to the new way of doing things. We're talking positional inputs vs. velocity, same principle as mouse/keyboard in a format. that can finally be used on a console. Can we please just kill dual analogs now?

Then again, we saw what happened to Kid Icarus Uprising, just can't force people to move on no matter how much better it is. Sigh.
Ehhh that would completely turn a certain amount of people off from the game. I personally wouldn't want to be stuck with motion controls only. I say the more control options the better

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Honestly, I'd rather not have Pro Controller support because dual analogs are a relic of the past people need to let go of already. In fact if I was in charge I'd take out the option to disable motion controls on the Gamepad so people are forced to get used to the new way of doing things. We're talking positional inputs vs. velocity, same principle as mouse/keyboard in a format that can finally be used on a console. We finally have something better, so can we please just kill dual analogs now?

Why is dual analog a relic of the past? Every console shooter uses it. And a lot of players prefer it. If I can't use mouse and keyboard, I, and I assume many others, would want to use dual analog.

I never see the point in limiting control options. Making them more numerous and diverse makes the game more accessible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom