What are your guys thoughts on the new Brella?

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I find the concept to be very interesting a Brella focused on launching the shield but still very different then Tenta brella
Im not that worried about the kit (most likely dart) since we will be getting its 2nd kit next season
However I am pretty worried about the shield hp and damage of the weapon how these work will make or break the weapon in my opinion

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
Hoping for Brellas to get the same love Rollers got. 9-10-do tried so hard to make them work and they succeeded.

Edit: I still want a rainbow Brella.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i think it looks pretty neat!! i like the idea of a bamboo brella lmao. willing to try it out!

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
It has a Bamboo on it. If its a brella for charger players, I will play it lol :wst_charge_light00:

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I think the focus on range kind of is at odds with the shotgun firing of a brella since it's impossible for even the best brellas to consistently hit all of the pellets at a distance. Also looks like the thing might have accuracy issues which would absolutely suck for it if true, like bad enough to possibly kill the thing unless it gets an insane kit. The shield looks to have really low HP so it probably just needs the damage too. I'm always a proponent of seeing everything's stats before making an opinion on it and I'm not going to say it'll definitely suck, especially since I don't think I have as sturdy of opinions on this game as I do with others, but my hopes aren't too high for this thing being any good.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I think its design is really cool since it's Marie's brella from the S2 single player so it's another bamboo esque weapon but mannn the more I think about it the more worried I become.

The ink efficiency looks really bad (it uses like 40% of its ink tank for launching its shield in the trailer), the shield looks really weak hp wise and it launches basically immediately and goes way too fast for a weapon with this range to capitalize off it, and that shield sacrifices basically every other stat of the weapon: the paint and damage look pretty weak.
The only thing that could be interesting is the range and mobility but the moment you poke any good midline and use your shield to protect yourself, either they shred it or they just move out of the way and shoot you when you're defenceless.
(Edit: I just rewatched the trailer and it apparently has around 52 gal range, poor thing)

I really want to believe but yeahh it doesn't look good, my #1 hope for a new brella was for it to be a good main weapon and welp guess that's not happening...

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I think its design is really cool since it's Marie's brella from the S2 single player so it's another bamboo esque weapon but mannn the more I think about it the more worried I become.

The ink efficiency looks really bad (it uses like 40% of its ink tank for launching its shield in the trailer), the shield looks really weak hp wise and it launches basically immediately and goes way too fast for a weapon with this range to capitalize off it, and that shield sacrifices basically every other stat of the weapon: the paint and damage look pretty weak.
The only thing that could be interesting is the range and mobility but the moment you poke any good midline and use your shield to protect yourself, either they shred it or they just move out of the way and shoot you when you're defenceless.
(Edit: I just rewatched the trailer and it apparently has around 52 gal range, poor thing)

I really want to believe but yeahh it doesn't look good, my #1 hope for a new brella was for it to be a good main weapon and welp guess that's not happening...
Wait, wait, wait.
There is one statistic we have yet to know, one potential saving grace for this otherwise undercover-esque weapon:
Shield contact damage.
As unlikely as it may be, if this thing does some ridiculous shield damage like 60 or 70, it could be decent, since you actually have to be careful fighting it at close range.

Though, on the other hand, Angle Shooter.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Wait, wait, wait.
There is one statistic we have yet to know, one potential saving grace for this otherwise undercover-esque weapon:
Shield contact damage.
As unlikely as it may be, if this thing does some ridiculous shield damage like 60 or 70, it could be decent, since you actually have to be careful fighting it at close range.

Though, on the other hand, Angle Shooter.
Oh god that would be such a funny strength I'd respect it haha. Honestly if the shield deals insane damage and the weapon is ultra mobile it might actually work
And shield + dart combos LET'S GOOO

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
Ik people are clowning on how it got dart but it seems like it 2-shots, and if the brella damage is strong that gives you 3 really fast damage options that can combo in 3 completely unique ways.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
It's so unlike anything we have that I think it's honestly impossible to guess how it's gonna end up until we have it in our hands.

The only thought that comes to mind is that a launch-focused playstyle might potentially be a workaround for Brella shields being weak to Splatoon's netcode, simply by not trying to use the shield as a shield anymore.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
I love the idea of a weapon that basically has its own special subweapon making it really obnoxious to fight in a way that only a brella could be.

My thoughts, presently, are that you just HAVE to shoot the shield sometimes, otherwise it'll bump you, and the brella's damage is high enough that that's a big risk to take.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I think the focus on range kind of is at odds with the shotgun firing of a brella since it's impossible for even the best brellas to consistently hit all of the pellets at a distance. Also looks like the thing might have accuracy issues which would absolutely suck for it if true, like bad enough to possibly kill the thing unless it gets an insane kit. The shield looks to have really low HP so it probably just needs the damage too. I'm always a proponent of seeing everything's stats before making an opinion on it and I'm not going to say it'll definitely suck, especially since I don't think I have as sturdy of opinions on this game as I do with others, but my hopes aren't too high for this thing being any good.
Addendum to this - I don't hate Bubbler as much as most people do because this thing is probably going to be well-suited for skirmishing as is and it would kind of play to that but it's not going to help it fight that much and Angle Shooter is a massive yikes. Still will probably need really good damage or for its pellets to be larger than we think. I'm glad that it doesn't have accuracy issues as seen in the new trailer though.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I don't have any commentary on how it plays but I really like how it looks, and I think it's fun for them to kind of hybridize the visual elements of two weapons like this and give us some lore behind its development.

I also heard someone call it the 'bambrella' earlier and that is my favorite name for it now and I hope that gets widely adopted (It also has a high chance of mangling into 'bramble' in callouts which is also funny)

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
From the fact that flingza 1-shot the shield, if we assume that the weapon has vbrella's shield damage multipliers, we can assume it has 250 HP. Shield is too fast to follow while walking like tent does. Weapon seems overall pretty fast though. Probably gonna play midline and support by launching walls more for teammates than itself, or to keep opponents from pushing or firing from a specific spot. Kit seems alright, though dart is a bummer even if it combos. Overall it seems fine, probably really bad on defense though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom