• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Builds Are You Currently Running/Experimenting With?

Bio_liquid0

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bio_liquid0
I'm currently experimenting with an Agility Build. It works really well with anything that likes to Super Jump/has Beakons. It can work with other weapons but not as efficiently imo.

:ability_quicksuperjump:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:/:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_quicksuperjump:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:/:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:ability_quicksuperjump:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:/:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Last edited:

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Dang that's fast! I'm jealous of your :clothes_tes019:. I have one but my subs are not as sweet.
Don't be jealous! You have a ton of gear with good specs on them; I love speed-sploosh. The more in their face constantly I can be the sooner the better.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
:wst_roller_compact00::burstbomb::inkzooka: / :wst_roller_compact01::seeker::bombrushseeker:
:ability_comeback::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:/:head_cap009::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:clothes_tes023::ability_recon::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:/:clothes_prk002::ability_ninjasquid::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_sht009::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
Hyper offensive support set. Comeback gives this set an efficient form of movement speed since I will be focusing on splatting or forcing trades. Recon shows me the position of the enemy team + weapons so I know exactly where I need to attack next. Super jumping is a lot safer since I can see everything nearby and I can call out enemy positions to the team also. When I play the deco I usually drop recon for ninja squid since it works well with seekers.
:wst_roller_compact00::burstbomb::inkzooka:
:head_cap000::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
:clothes_tes005::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_amb000::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:/:shoes_slp000::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
Burst bombs are the main focus in this set. It has enough ink saver for a 3rd burst bomb and enough attack up to secure a splat with 1 direct + 1 nearby hit of a burst bomb assuming no defense ups (3rd bomb splats either way). I played around with multiple builds and I think this is the most consistent overall. Dropping ink saver for more bomb range gives you near splatterscope range but I have found I would much rather have the 3rd bomb on most maps since you still out-range almost every non-charger weapon in the game.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Finally succeeded at some lucky rolls, gonna try this outfit in an attempt to be more aggressive with the dual squelcher.

Retro Specs :ability_quickrespawn::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Traditional Apron :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_sht004::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Bio_liquid0

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bio_liquid0
Okay so I revised my Agility set and it seems to work great with the Octobrush

Full Moon Glasses: :ability_quicksuperjump:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Cycling Shirt: :ability_coldblooded:|:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

Red Slip-Ons: :ability_quicksuperjump:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

With this you can be stealthy as you like and be very aggressive with your Swim Speeds. With the Quick Super Jumps you can easily utilize your Beakons anywhere on the map with speed and ease. This allows you to escape unhealthy firefight situations and lets you quickly think of the next safest spot to jump if you are too far to swim back into the fray in time.

--Written by a complete nooblet Octobrush user.

Cactus

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm trying this build for my Wasabi.
:head_eye004: :ability_tenacity: :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:clothes_shirt008: :ability_specialcharge: :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:shoes_shi005: :ability_inkresistance: :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge: (Soccer Cleats)
It's been working decently :v

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I've been struggling to find a weapon that can cover turf well, hit far away, shoot quickly, and has decent accuracy. The Pro and Jets weren't cutting it for me, so I figured I should continue my rampage with something OTHER than the Zink Mini. -I tried the Heavy Splatlings, to great success, using primarily mobility builds. With a number of weapons, I like to stack damage up to potentially cut down the shots to kill by one (provided the enemy's stood in our ink for a moment) and thought I should give it a go with this as well.

:ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_swimspeed: Legendary Cap
:ability_runspeed:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: Krak-On 528 (how do I get these weird rolls?)
:ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: Hunter Hi-Tops

One main and five subs of Damage Up are enough to deal 33.3 damage per shot, and the shoes can be swapped out depending on preferred subs. Additionally, there are a number of shirts that provide damage up as their preferred subs, so they can be swapped out in conjunction with shoes to a variety of effects; the Layered Anchor LS has run speed as its main ability and naturally rolls Damage Up more frequently, which I'd have used if mine didn't already have two Run Speed subs. Weird rolls for days.

While I have had a good amount of success with this build, I have to question the practicality of occasionally landing a 3 hit kill at the expense of one main and five subs that could be used elsewhere. Considering this weapon fires very quickly and very accurately, and you rarely stop firing after landing them, the loss of one hit is almost negligible. You also wouldn't want to swim strafe with a weapon that requires charging. It might prove more useful on the Mini, as you get up in the muck more often, but in that case special charges would prove to be much better suited.

Last edited:

Edgy Page

Inkling
NNID
Not_Even_Razi
:head_amb000: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_bombrange::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_msn: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_lts000: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

I saw some stream where the streamer and his squad got absolutely battered by a mono-Sploosh team running similar movement enhancing sets. Decided to try it out. I lost my S+ about an hour ago because of it but I think I'm getting better with it :]

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
:head_amb000: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_bombrange::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_msn: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_lts000: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

I saw some stream where the streamer and his squad got absolutely battered by a mono-Sploosh team running similar movement enhancing sets. Decided to try it out. I lost my S+ about an hour ago because of it but I think I'm getting better with it :]
The most fun/effective s*** ever. I swear by it being obnoxiously good.

Edgy Page

Inkling
NNID
Not_Even_Razi
The most fun/effective s*** ever. I swear by it being obnoxiously good.
I just got my S+ back with this :]..... after playing an embarrassing amount of Splatoon in the past 24 hours. During the Rainmaker rotations, I found myself wishing for :shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: but I just rolled that right now. Playing speed-Sploosh was weird for me. I found myself flanking a lot more even though I'm usually more objective focused. When I figured that out, I became confident in my ability to spawn camp. It was great in general for RM and certain maps in TC. Super fun build for anyone who wants to play aggressive support.

Bio_liquid0

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bio_liquid0
Okay Legit: I just regained my S rank after numerous D/Cs and losses the other day (trying to learn how to Snipe. yay A Rank) By using the Heavy Splatling Remix.

This only worked, in my opinion, because the opposition NEVER had a charger on their side save for one match (which wasn't that big of a deal). This set is very useful on Hammerhead Bridge and any maps that allow you to either perch or strafe with ease (such as on the walls on Camp Triggerfish).

:head_msn000::ability_runspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_tes001::ability_runspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_sht007::ability_runspeed:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Cactus

Semi-Pro Squid
:head_msk001: :ability_comeback: :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: // :head_cap001: :ability_swimspeed: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tes017: :ability_swimspeed: :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_sdl001: :ability_quickrespawn: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

This is for my Krak. Roller.

Swimspeed for Kraken and Squid Form, to catch up to the enemy.
Respawn because roller's typically get trades with their enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom