What Could be the Worst Possible Splatfest Theme?

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Corrin vs. Bayonetta

My first thought was Salt vs. Pepper because of the salt memes, but I actually kind of want that to happen now just to see whether a bunch of people choose pepper because they think salt will be more popular. Also, salt kings and salt queens.

As for an actual bad splatfest theme, what about Spongebob vs. Undertale?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Any themes surrounding politics, religion, social issues, etc. The kinds of stuff that would turn the plaza into one big mish mash of "debates" unsuitable for a game all about having fun like Splatoon. I highly doubt we would see any of those kinds of themes appear, but it still isn't fun to think about anyhow.

One I commonly see suggested while running around in the plaza would be is Boys vs. Girls. That would also be lame for sure. Callie vs. Marie would be far tamer in comparison, and that would be all out civil war!

v0idStrike_squid-kid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dlb456network
Whoever posted Corrin vs Bayonetta you read my mind! Also, I loved the Salt vs Pepper idea. And the Boys vs Girls would definitely cause controversy, as you guys said.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
If there was a X weapon Vs X weapon fest, team members should be required to use the weapon the picked, don't you think?
Gee, I wonder why Team Inkbrush Nouveau is loosing to team Dynamo roller...

Also, the people who did not unlock/buy the required weapon for their team can now join matches with no weapons!

Gif vs Jif would be both lame and oddly intense.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
In good old Internet/Smash community meme fashion...

Which should be added as next DLC?
Goku vs. Shrek.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Kids vs squids
i'd honestly like this splatfest. It's a bit of a controversial topic sure, but always an interesting topic of debate (or two people screaming at each other).
I agree it's interesting, but it incites so much saltiness.

I think there'd be a lot of trolling and squidbagging. Choosing a Splatfest theme that people actually get angry and passionate about is probably an awful idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom