• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do Inklings eat?

NNID
bdon25
So I've been wondering this for awhile, but what exactly is the Inklings diet? Do they eat the same food as humans? Do they eat what real squids eat? The only things I've seen are Marie mention french fries and Callie and Marie mention "catfish burgers" and "hot dogfish". Also Cap'n Cuttlefish said he like crab cakes. So, any thoughts?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Octarians of course.

But I think it'd be a mix of humanized squid food- so like sushi or seafood that's similar to other food we have. I get a feeling they must farm salmon for eggs and other sea life like livestock.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
They also have sweet stuff like candy and ice cream, judging by some of the Squid Sisters' comments on the stages. So I guess plants like agave and stevia survived the flood? I don't think sugar cane would have survived unless it evolved into sugar-algae or something.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
They also have sweet stuff like candy and ice cream, judging by some of the Squid Sisters' comments on the stages. So I guess plants like agave and stevia survived the flood? I don't think sugar cane would have survived unless it evolved into sugar-algae or something.
Some sea life has a sweet taste too it like scallops, so it makes sense they'd mix sea life with the new foods and flavors of the above ground.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Hmm, sounds reasonable.

Now I'm wondering about potential cookbooks they might have. They might have a recipe which calls for garlic, onions, salmon eggs, and possibly sea cow meat among other things. Poultry would also be an option because the birds survived the flood, though they'd probably have strange tastes compared to our own. Owl meat, anyone?

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
They have a healthy diet of disappointment...

As others have said, it's probably just a mix of human food and sea food, as they did come in where humans left off. That said, are humans just extinct? Either way, they eat recognisable food, I guess.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I'm guessing they eat any foods from human times that are still possible to create plus any new foods they or any sentient beings may have invented. Also, Marie mentions that salted squid is a delicacy in some places, which makes me wonder if there are still non-evolved squids swimming around in the waters, similar to how humans exist alongside apes, and people (perhaps even Inklings themselves?) simply eat the animal squids, finding it acceptable to eat them due to their lack of sapience? ...now that I think about it, do some people today eat ape meat, if that's a thing?

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Remember they eat monkey brains in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
that brings up an interesting thought, are there Crab people in this world? that would be AWESOME
Sheldon is a horseshoe crab.

I really hope more species are explored in Splatoon's world in sequels. It'd be cool to see Cuttlefish, corals, ammonites, clams, oysters, eels, sea pigs, and ESPECIALLY sea angels. Japan loves those little guys so I have high hopes for them. It'd be cool to see some bioluminescent creatures as well.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
They are on strict Ink Smoothie Diets.

Just look at those Ink Canisters on their backs.

くコ:彡 - ROXY

Senior Squid
NNID
Spamus
Sheldon is a horseshoe crab.

I really hope more species are explored in Splatoon's world in sequels. It'd be cool to see Cuttlefish, corals, ammonites, clams, oysters, eels, sea pigs, and ESPECIALLY sea angels. Japan loves those little guys so I have high hopes for them. It'd be cool to see some bioluminescent creatures as well.
beside Sheldon, I wanna see crab people with big meaty claws!
it would be awesome if they do expand the amount of character, via DLC or Splatoon 2. hell I would mind seeing like more adult Inklings. and back on the topic of food, maybe they like clam chower? Squids do eat clams

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom