• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do Inklings eat?

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I wouldn't be surprised if they ate various types of fish, like salmon and cod. They may also eat fish tacos, fish and chips, etc.

Agent 15

Inkling
So I've been wondering this for awhile, but what exactly is the Inklings diet? Do they eat the same food as humans? Do they eat what real squids eat? The only things I've seen are Marie mention french fries and Callie and Marie mention "catfish burgers" and "hot dogfish". Also Cap'n Cuttlefish said he like crab cakes. So, any thoughts?
In the S1 artbook, they show various fruits that I belive evolved from seaweed. Hope this helps!

Agent 15

Inkling
Sheldon is a horseshoe crab.

I really hope more species are explored in Splatoon's world in sequels. It'd be cool to see Cuttlefish, corals, ammonites, clams, oysters, eels, sea pigs, and ESPECIALLY sea angels. Japan loves those little guys so I have high hopes for them. It'd be cool to see some bioluminescent creatures as well.
Look at the S2 Octo expansion. on the metro there are isopods, sea angels, ping pong tree sponges, deep-sea jellies, predatory tunicates, gulper eels, flashlight fish, long snout dogfish, siphonophores, and blobfish. and for bioluminescence, there is C.Q. Cumber

Agent 15

Inkling
I'm guessing they eat any foods from human times that are still possible to create plus any new foods they or any sentient beings may have invented. Also, Marie mentions that salted squid is a delicacy in some places, which makes me wonder if there are still non-evolved squids swimming around in the waters, similar to how humans exist alongside apes, and people (perhaps even Inklings themselves?) simply eat the animal squids, finding it acceptable to eat them due to their lack of sapience? ...now that I think about it, do some people today eat ape meat, if that's a thing?
yes, some people do. I belive that this is more acceptable than:
some Squids are cannibals, so.... do they eat the losers of the Turf War?

Agent 15

Inkling
Octarians of course.

But I think it'd be a mix of humanized squid food- so like sushi or seafood that's similar to other food we have. I get a feeling they must farm salmon for eggs and other sea life like livestock.
not octarians, because no one knows they exist anymore except for the splatoon, and salmonid eggs are used for power alongside the Zapfish.

Agent 15

Inkling
They have a healthy diet of disappointment...

As others have said, it's probably just a mix of human food and sea food, as they did come in where humans left off. That said, are humans just extinct? Either way, they eat recognisable food, I guess.
Yes, humans are extinct
the only mammals left are Judd and li'l Judd

Agent 15

Inkling
Hmm, sounds reasonable.

Now I'm wondering about potential cookbooks they might have. They might have a recipe which calls for garlic, onions, salmon eggs, and possibly sea cow meat among other things. Poultry would also be an option because the birds survived the flood, though they'd probably have strange tastes compared to our own. Owl meat, anyone?
no birds, only the small ones survived

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
Didn't they show at one point (maybe two because of recently) that they do eat red meat? There's a splatfest theme in Splatoon 1, it was land food (Callie) vs sea food (Marie). Clearly, on the artwork, there was red meat for Callie ...

Wait, does that mean that somehow, there are other mammals that survived but now serve as cattle for sea creatures that have become bipedal and intelligent as humans?

There's also the new japanese splatfest (besides unicorn vs narwhal for north america and kid vs grown up for Europe and Australia/New Zealand), people are saying the theme sweet pork vs sour pork (based on what I've heard from their translation). :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom