• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you guys think of the Tri-Slosher?

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
With more time passed on I think people most people found a way to beat Tri-Sloshers. Remember when the Dual Squelchers came out. Yeah everyone were using it but know i barely see anyone. And I see less TRIsloshers and RapidBlasters aswell. I feel like TRIsloshers should be brought to long-ranged guys to be beaten.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
How do you just "bring them to long-ranged guys" though? If you get attacked by a Tri-Slosher, there is going to be ink everywhere that will prevent you from moving, effectively turning you into a turret. If you get into a Tri-Slosher's range (which is plenty long), you're done for. Most Shooters should theoretically be able to splat the Tri-Slosher before they can get splatted if they land every hit due to faster fire rate, (which isn't easily possible, even before RNG spread) but even then, the tickrate and lag in this game will turn almost every splat against the Tri-Slosher into a double splat; a decent Tri-Slosher user is not going to miss. The only chance you have other than getting lucky and suprising the Tri-Slosher user is to meet them in a big open area, which there are few enough of in the maps on this game to be avoidable.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
By being careful and observant. When you see the other team has a slosher, you have to be that much more careful around ledges and other areas where they can attack you with advantage, and corners where you can run into them at close range. But really, you should be doing that when you're using any long- or mid-long range weapons. Further, sloshers, tri-sloshers in particular, are much easier to spot than shooters because they're accompanied by those huge waves of ink every time they attack. Circle around and either come at them from a more advantageous direction, or choose a battle somewhere else on the map. You can also use autobombs and point sensors, and burst bombs and even sprinklers to a lesser extent, to help you scout ahead and not get caught by surprise.

The other option is to focus on close combat. If you're using a brush, a Sploosh, or most rollers, it hardly matters what mid-range weapon they're using--your job is still to sneak up on them and splat them fast. Dapple dualies can pull this off, too, though with more difficulty.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
With more time passed on I think people most people found a way to beat Tri-Sloshers. Remember when the Dual Squelchers came out. Yeah everyone were using it but know i barely see anyone. And I see less TRIsloshers and RapidBlasters aswell. I feel like TRIsloshers should be brought to long-ranged guys to be beaten.
You are one lucky person if you don't see many Tri sloshers or Rapid Blasters, because it's rare to have a match without at least one in the lobby somewhere. I just did a session of league with three of my friends, of the 10-11 matches we played, 8 of them had at least one enemy tri slosher. And the ones that did not have one we had to deal with N Zaps or Splat Jr.s Rest assured, people are not using this weapon less from what I can see. I wish it was the case. >.>

That being said, I've developed enough tactics and know how to tackle Tri sloshers better now. There are a looooooot of players who do not use it to its full potential, and they are usually pretty easy to take out. I've also noticed that Tri sloshers panic when you play aggressive on them by trying to get up in their face and splat them. But be aggressive on your terms, otherwise they can just slosh you to death head on without much trouble.

What sucks is, even with all these new tactics, ink armor is worth a free kill for most tri sloshers if you are anywhere near them and can't properly retreat. The weapon is just one technical frustration after another.

CM86

Pro Squid
Tri slosher here. Tri slosher there. One of the best weapons right now. No doubt about it. HOWEVER, once my good friend Mr. Hydra decides to crash the party, the only thing the tri slosher will be good for is holding the tears of the squid wielding it.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
I find the triple bucket nice for stages like Humpback and Musselforge where more snipey weapons have a hard time. The sub is nice and the special is... well I keep forgetting it even exists.

Seeing all the "bucket OP" posts and hearing about how it's basically the Aerospray of League (maybe someday I'll unlock that...) makes me feel kind of bad for using it. Maybe I can redeem my honor by going back to the regular bucket... It has a better special anyway...

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not a fan but damn it feels so satisfying to splat them. especially with my plain Jane bucket.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
How do you just "bring them to long-ranged guys" though?
Just make them pay their attention to you and let them follow you around. But Yeah: It's kinda hard to not get cought in their ink wave.

What sucks is, even with all these new tactics, ink armor is worth a free kill for most tri sloshers if you are anywhere near them and can't properly retreat. The weapon is just one technical frustration after another.
Yeah... My tactic is simple: Just don't get in there range. I'm still a Dual Squelchers / Splattershot Pro / Slosher (NOT TRIslosher) main.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom