• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you guys think of the Tri-Slosher?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It did get a damage buff, now its damage is consistent no matter how accurate you are. Personally, THAT's what I think makes it OP.
Nope it was like that in Splatoon 1 aswell.

There's no fall off at all if I'm not mistaken. It does 62 dmg regardless of distance, which is a pretty sizable issue.
There is but it's based on height. Sloshers (asside from the Sloshing Machine) start dealing less damage the further below them their target is.

Zelda4Prez

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6311-3966-8407
Totally agree range is the largest issue with it. The range needs nerfed just a little to let .52 gal and other weapons of similar range to have a slight advantage. Too fast with too little aim to be out ranging the .52 gal.

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
I despise the Tri-Slosher. Anytime one is around, I avoid it like the plague, but they seem to be crazed for getting kills, because they will always hunt me down. I don't even try to go in for revenge, it's so pointless. Hope it's nerfed soon.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I was in Ranked earlier today, and there was a Tri slosher in the lobby; it was basically a case of 'whichever team has the Tri slosher wins!'

This happens to me every time there's a Tri slosher in the lobby, it's sickening that they're always a part of an ideal team comp.

I miss the variety in Splatoon 1

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I was in Ranked earlier today, and there was a Tri slosher in the lobby; it was basically a case of 'whichever team has the Tri slosher wins!'

This happens to me every time there's a Tri slosher in the lobby, it's sickening that they're always a part of an ideal team comp.

I miss the variety in Splatoon 1
What, tentateks and e-liters and bubbler weapons as far as the eye can see? It may be the meta king currently but people are still overreacting a bit.

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
What, tentateks and e-liters and bubbler weapons as far as the eye can see? It may be the meta king currently but people are still overreacting a bit.
Lol, there's at least bit more variety in what is "meta king" there. Yea, it was ran by 4 or 5 weapons, but right now we have like 1 or 2. I'll agree people are over reacting a bit, but that doesn't change the fact that TriSlosher while annoying as all get up, is everywhere.

Gets old seeing it in nearly every ranked game. Naturally, people are going to be vocal about it.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
It's perfectly balanced! Its whole hitbox does the same amount of damage! You don't get more balanced than that!
I.... did not just see this comment.

FGPackers

Inkster Jr.
The slosher itself is just good. I think what really makes it OP is the set in its integrity. Maybe not having burst bombs, with ink mine, the sprinkler or the disruptor would make it way more reasonable

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I
Yeah, but at least all those weapons were fairly easy to beat (if you knew how), which meant that there was room in the meta for other weapons (even the Bamboozler).

Now a Tri Slosher is basically a necessity in any good team comp.

the

Inkling Commander
I think it would be less of an issue if it didn't have the ink armor, which just so happens to be dangerously easy to spam with this weapon. Points for special for this and other ink armor weaps have to go wayyyy way up, if they don't flat out nerf the special itself

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
The good news is that this is the beginning of the lifespan of Splatoon 2, so that means nerfs and buffs are going to happen in the future.

Still gotta deal with the weapon until that happens though.

Miyako

Retro Squid
NNID
Cborne
Switch Friend Code
SW-3362-3097-1624
I don't really have as many issues with them as some others, but the annoying thing in this game (im not sure if due to lag or tick rate or what) is that sometimes enemies' shots hit you when you've moved out of the way, e.g. Being sniped around a corner. My theory is that the tick rate is part of why the tri feels insane, since if you consider the fact that people are getting hit by things they avoided due to whatever factors, those same factors would make a bucket that hits a wide area with no falloff damage even more powerful than normal. I don't really have any proof, but that's just my theory on part of why it feels worse to fight against than the first game.

I don't really use it but I have trouble with it from time to time as a splash-o-matic main since it shoots at about the same range you get hit at, but that's probably to be expected.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
I think it's pretty dangerous in the right hands. Very easy to get to grips with, and has really good ink coverage if you keep moving and inking. It does drain a lot of ink, but Ink saver main/Ink recovery help. I often get double or tri splats at once if I'm lucky. It excels at all ranked modes (Mainly Tower Control). Ink armour is good for pushing into enemy territory. The range has been slightly increased which is great.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Just give it falloff at a distance and for the side-sloshes, to make it a three-hit splat (say 40 damage per hit) if none of the hits connect solidly. That way .52 Gal is the superior two-shotter, Slosher is the superior combat bucket and Tri-Slosher is the superior painter.

Belial

Full Squid
I feel it's too OP and doesn't teach people how to play the game. I'd nerf Tri-cslosher and buff the rollers. (I main dualies, but I don't see any problem with those.)

Tri-slosher needs to have less side damage and/or range lowered because it can hit up really high and you never see them before you're dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom