What do you think kits will be?

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
You got a link to a more in-depth analysis/argument for someone who isn't convinced?
This is my own self discovery. Starting from the fact that some kits work better on some modes, I searched to see if this could be the case for all. Any such "rules" that emerged were the result of mapping each and every weapon kit individually.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
hoping for .52 gal with curling/inkjet personally, that would actually be really fun for me. not gonna argue with sorcerer again about why they're so wrong because it would be redundant but like. objectively speaking it will be getting either torpedo or curling bomb. so. it's gonna get curling bomb lol i think the rest of us can agree on that

aside from that i just hope Something gets kraken because it would be really nice. now that explo has splashdown i'm thinking e-liter with beakon/kraken is probably very possible, which would be interesting (but unfortunately probably not something i'd play...)

dualies i'm sticking with my bet of mist/tristrike. i think its ink-tank implies a 60% sub so that still seems reasonable to me

the rest are weapons i doubt i'll end up playing much of i just hope they get kits that other people like

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
I would like to formally apologize to all Explosher supporters for losing the first game of "there are two new specials that none of us want" hot potato. you really deserved better

I would ALSO like to throw in the side question of... do you guys think this season is just eight weapons?
•Custom Explosher
•Dread Wringer D
•Custom E-Liter 4K and Scope
•.52 Gal Deco
•New Squiffer
•Foil Flingza Roller
•Recycled Brella 24 Mk I
•Douser Dualies FF

Because part of me wants to think of this little discussion as a "part one", but... it's shockingly believable that this may very well be it for Fresh Season.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i do think we'll get 1 or 2 more kits that weren't seen in the trailer, but not a huge amount. expecting at least one splatling, and coping for either crb or glooga but i don't really think that'll happen

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I agree with Sorceror that .52 Deco isn't getting Curling, but that's only because I'm predicting it will get Triple Splashdown.
If Nintendo doesn't end up making third kits, Triple Splashdown will be the only special that isn't on a shooter. Unless it's on .52 Deco.
Besides, Triple Splashdown on .52 would be sick. It would pair well with the weapon.

If this is the case, it won't get Curling, because the Enperries already have it. Which means it might get Torpedo.
Now this is worrying for me because if .52 gets Torp then that drastically reduces the odds of Dread getting it. We'll see what happens.

Outside of that, I don't have much to say. All of my confirmed sub weapon predictions have been correct except Explo's.
(Why are they giving everything Wall? It's a horribly designed sub weapon and feels awful to use. By now it's as common as Sprinkler.)

Tac

Inkster Jr.
If Nintendo doesn't end up making third kits, Triple Splashdown will be the only special that isn't on a shooter. Unless it's on .52 Deco.
Neither Zipcaster nor Tenta Missiles have any shooter representation in Splatoon 3 and I'd like to doubt that there will be another Splashdown besides Custom Explo. My best guess for its special would probably be Tri-Strikes to reference the Splatoon 1 kit (Although i'd really prefer not to have 3 shooters with strikes)? And seeing that this would make the third time in a row 52 Deco gets curling bomb I'd say that it's looking to be the obvious pick.

I don't know what other guesses I have, I guess I hope dread gets storm and that's relatively likely I think.

Also Custom E-Liter is definitely getting Kraken isn't it.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
.52 PROVEN CURLING AND IT ALSO TOOK THE SPLATTERCOLOR SCREEN BULLET FOR US

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH BABYYYYYYYYYYYY THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITIN' FOR
1707901602614.png

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
I'm arguing over this right now. Mark my word, it's neither Curling Bomb or Torpedo. If its either of the two, that would imply a severe break in my rules for subweapon distribution. I'm actually pretty nervous over the matter and trying to see where any potential mistakes would have come from.
you're cooked bro

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
It's so over recycling fans

View attachment 9508
nah tbh this isnt that bad. for bubbler you'd think of it the same way you'd think of a splat roller. use the brella itself as an entry tool and the bubble to hold the spot you enter. or just use it to fight stationary since your shield isn't really built for that. more skeptical about dart but it prolly combos with a shot just fine.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
autobomb seems like it would be really good for squiffer. I'm hoping for zip or zooka but i think they're more likely to put super chump or something

Regale__

Inkster Jr.
nah tbh this isnt that bad. for bubbler you'd think of it the same way you'd think of a splat roller. use the brella itself as an entry tool and the bubble to hold the spot you enter. or just use it to fight stationary since your shield isn't really built for that. more skeptical about dart but it prolly combos with a shot just fine.
Watch the dart combo is like 5 points from being real

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Neither Zipcaster nor Tenta Missiles have any shooter representation in Splatoon 3 and I'd like to doubt that there will be another Splashdown besides Custom Explo. My best guess for its special would probably be Tri-Strikes to reference the Splatoon 1 kit (Although i'd really prefer not to have 3 shooters with strikes)? And seeing that this would make the third time in a row 52 Deco gets curling bomb I'd say that it's looking to be the obvious pick.

I don't know what other guesses I have, I guess I hope dread gets storm and that's relatively likely I think.

Also Custom E-Liter is definitely getting Kraken isn't it.
Ah, right, I keep forgetting about Zipcaster not existing.
Tenta Missiles not being on shooters is intentional and a trend I'm happy to see continue.

As for .52 Deco's actual kit, welp.
I'm going to say I was close enough.
My guess for the sub if it didn't get Triple Splashdown was Curling, and it did in fact get a Chill '23 special.
Frankly, this is the best case scenario. Pretty glad I was wrong now, since Torp Dread is now basically confirmed.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
this season wants me dead all i wanted was a decent .52 kit.............
despite that i will accept that i am relieved nothing else will get screen this patch. i just don't know what they were thinking because who would ever, EVER choose .52 with curling bomb over squeezer with autobomb. there is just an objectively better kit there and i don't know why they thought it would work out

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
SQUIFFER GOT AUTOBOMB ZIP LETS GO
it'll be fun even if it's not the best possible special, but I do think it'll be pretty good for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom