• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you think Nintendo would choose as a 3rd(or 2nd) kit for your favorite weapons?

DChachouke

Senior Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
I'm hopeful that they'd take pity on us and give us something good for once. Please. just this once give us a special with a good design. I'm begging. I just want to have fun with my weapon.
1709896517542.png

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I'm hopeful that they'd take pity on us and give us something good for once. Please. just this once give us a special with a good design. I'm begging. I just want to have fun with my weapon.
View attachment 9908
Hmm, I don't think any roller has reefslider yet... ;)
(I'M SO SORRY YOU GUYS DESERVE BETTER)

DChachouke

Senior Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Hmm, I don't think any roller has reefslider yet... ;)
(I'M SO SORRY YOU GUYS DESERVE BETTER)
If they do that I'd cry cause literally every single time we get one of the worst designed specials like come on what did we do to deserve this😭
I'm so mad cause literally all of the screen weapons could have had bubble blower andit'd be so much better than whatever is happening rn. I miss you bubble blower......

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
If they do that I'd cry cause literally every single time we get one of the worst designed specials like come on what did we do to deserve this😭
I'm so mad cause literally all of the screen weapons could have had bubble blower andit'd be so much better than whatever is happening rn. I miss you bubble blower......
I miss bubble blower too :'( it would have been so perfect

Tam_4

Inkling
I know we're not even sure we are getting 3rd kits but I do enjoy speculating and ever since the new kits for this season were revealed, my view on what they would even like to choose for certain weapons has changed a lot. I've kinda just accepted that most of the time, they are not going to make good choices on kits but I still like guessing on what they will be. We also still have a few weapons to predict on 2nd kits for too so there's that.

View attachment 9823
Soda Slosher kits are always aggressive and have Splat Bomb as their sub but since vSlosher already has it and there's a clear preference for utility subs, I think a 3rd Slosher kit might end up just getting sprinkler. It's also had it before on the Splatoon 2 deco kit so there's that. I also think they might give it Big Bubbler since no slosher has it yet and they might think that both previous kits are aggressive enough and they want a supportive kit for it now. Also works as a reference to Baller I guess but they don't tend to completely recreate Splatoon 2 kits.
It's a meh kit but I don't mind it too much since vSlosher and the deco kit are really fun already, even if only one of them is good.

View attachment 9824
Similar to Slosher, I think Tri could also end up getting Big Bubbler. I don't think they both will have it but this is just what I'm guessing is most likely for either of them, not that they both end up with the same special. Personally, I think this is better than the Slosher one and I'm surprised they didn't give it Big Bubbler already since it had Ink Armor and Bubbler before. I don't even think it's that bad of a kit in general, I'll actually have a lot of fun with it. I'd prefer if they gave it burst but the devs seem to be really scared about giving burst bomb to any weapon in general so I don't think they want to give it to Tri-Slosher again.

View attachment 9825
Not a lot of strong feelings about this one honestly, just think the devs never want Machine to be really good again and if they give it another bomb, it would only be autobomb and that's it. The only utility sub it's ever had is point sensor so they'll probably stick to that pattern. Killer Wail 5.1 could also be a reference to Stingray from the Splatoon 2 vanilla kit but I'm mainly expecting it for the card design in tableturf and also because it's a very simple special that the devs seem to like and will also make it so that they won't have to worry about making this Machine kit too strong. I also thought about TSD since Kensa Machine had Splashdown but I think the devs genuinely believe TSD is a crazy good special and that's why they make it more expensive for weapons that have it like Naut with 210p TSD.
It's a funny thought but they might actually get worried about Machine with TSD being too good lol
Woah do you have a website that you can put the weapon and then subs
I know we're not even sure we are getting 3rd kits but I do enjoy speculating and ever since the new kits for this season were revealed, my view on what they would even like to choose for certain weapons has changed a lot. I've kinda just accepted that most of the time, they are not going to make good choices on kits but I still like guessing on what they will be. We also still have a few weapons to predict on 2nd kits for too so there's that.

View attachment 9823
Soda Slosher kits are always aggressive and have Splat Bomb as their sub but since vSlosher already has it and there's a clear preference for utility subs, I think a 3rd Slosher kit might end up just getting sprinkler. It's also had it before on the Splatoon 2 deco kit so there's that. I also think they might give it Big Bubbler since no slosher has it yet and they might think that both previous kits are aggressive enough and they want a supportive kit for it now. Also works as a reference to Baller I guess but they don't tend to completely recreate Splatoon 2 kits.
It's a meh kit but I don't mind it too much since vSlosher and the deco kit are really fun already, even if only one of them is good.

View attachment 9824
Similar to Slosher, I think Tri could also end up getting Big Bubbler. I don't think they both will have it but this is just what I'm guessing is most likely for either of them, not that they both end up with the same special. Personally, I think this is better than the Slosher one and I'm surprised they didn't give it Big Bubbler already since it had Ink Armor and Bubbler before. I don't even think it's that bad of a kit in general, I'll actually have a lot of fun with it. I'd prefer if they gave it burst but the devs seem to be really scared about giving burst bomb to any weapon in general so I don't think they want to give it to Tri-Slosher again.

View attachment 9825
Not a lot of strong feelings about this one honestly, just think the devs never want Machine to be really good again and if they give it another bomb, it would only be autobomb and that's it. The only utility sub it's ever had is point sensor so they'll probably stick to that pattern. Killer Wail 5.1 could also be a reference to Stingray from the Splatoon 2 vanilla kit but I'm mainly expecting it for the card design in tableturf and also because it's a very simple special that the devs seem to like and will also make it so that they won't have to worry about making this Machine kit too strong. I also thought about TSD since Kensa Machine had Splashdown but I think the devs genuinely believe TSD is a crazy good special and that's why they make it more expensive for weapons that have it like Naut with 210p TSD.
It's a funny thought but they might actually get worried about Machine with TSD being too good lol

View attachment 9823

View attachment 9824

View attachment 9825
I would like them to make another Douser Dualies kit, I feel like the current one is holding it back. A Torpedo or at least something lethal for even more poking ability would be good and then I feel like any special other than wail, Ultra Stamp, or wave breaker would complement its style more. Bubble would be nice, crab, zooka, missles, and kraken would be great but probably too aggressive and over-powered to be added. And possibly even zip caster could be interesting, for instance if you’re stuck the the turret mode you can just launch your arm, get to a safer position and kite them from there.

NumberOneAries

Octo With Jazz
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
Today i will reveal how dead i am inside
View attachment 9831
The Reef-Lux 450 could benefit greatly from a sprinkler to enhance its poor paint output and help it charge its special. Triple splashdown will allow it to move in more aggressively and potentially achieve trades. This synergistic combo makes for a kit inklings will hope they won't see in their matches.
View attachment 9832
The explosher is a weapon whose kits lack an appropriately aggressive option when deciding which kit to choose, so this is meant to amend that discrepancy. By giving it the angle shooter as a sub weapon, the explosher is given excellent combo potential it cannot achieve otherwise, allowing it to splat an opponent if hit with an angle shooter and a 90-damage strike from the main weapon. Reefslider pairs well with this through its use as a continuation special, allowing you to take the fight to your opponent after securing a quick splat.
Respectfully, I think I'd take the game cartridge and eat it if Nintendo put that explo kit in the game 😭

Reef slider is a worse triple splashdown with the same problem as Splatoon 2's splashdown. The custom kit after playing it is a pretty alright skirmish/midline weapon, even if it's still not that good.
Line marker is... Fine, but it's still one of the weaker specials in the game. Honestly, I just want explo to have a lethal bomb. Either splat bomb or curling bomb and I want it to have Inkjet. Inkjet would work so well for it and wouldn't put it directly in harms way like with reef slider would. Another decent special would be big bubbler but that's already so underutilized, I feel like it's get removed for under usage 💀

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I feel like the Custom Douser Dualies FF will most certainly get Fizzy Bomb, but I'm not sure about the special. Maybe Triple Inkstrike.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
my dream kit for stamper is fizzy + kraken, but knowing nintendo it would probably be sprinkler + chumps

S3LKIE

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
storm/inkjet + fizzy on like any weapon, but specifically wiper/stamper, splatterscope, nautilus or heavy eddie, and actually machine maybe as well.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Decided to think of something for Explo and Blob since I didn't make any prediction kits for them

Kit_Bloblobber 2024_3_8 15_29_9.jpg

I think the devs would really focus on the support role for Blob when creating a new kit for it.
There is the issue that it might be too similar of a role to the first kit but honestly, I don't think that would matter that much to them.
This kit would be more about protection for itself and the whole team instead of paint control.

I thought about giving it Splash Wall since it had it in Splatoon 2 but Explo already has that and they also already share a lot of their subs and specials throughout Splatoon 2 and 3.
Besides that, I think they would give Ink Mine to Blob for the location effect and to catch anyone chasing it, similar to E-Liter.
Big Bubbler would also be given to Blob for protection while painting and to keep its teammates safe when getting pushed by the enemy team.
It might seem optimistic but I think they're open to giving Blob better kits than other weapons since it's not a really strong main weapon.

Also noticed that I gave Big Bubbler to 3 sloshers now and they're all for different reasons lol

Kit_Explosher 2024_3_8 15_8_25.jpg

Yeah, this is just the 96. Gal kit.
Over a month ago I wouldn't have thought about Explo getting this as a possibility since it was already in the game and I thought that the devs were done with repeat kits but then the New Squiffer and Custom E-Liter kits were revealed so clearly that's not an issue for them.
I've also looked back on previous Explo kits and they all seem to focus on keeping itself safe and potentially being able to push in.
The exception being vExplo in Splatoon 3 but even Custom Explo is supposed to use TSD to keep itself safe(still sucks though)
So I think Ink Vac is definitely one of the most likely specials that it'll get.
It'll be fine on Explo, and getting Sprinkler will be really good for it too since it's very slow and can't paint for itself fast enough to escape bad situations.
It also had Sprinkler in Splatoon 2 so I'm very confident that it'll get it again.

DChachouke

Senior Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Adding onto this with my second main. Maybe as a third kit or as a kit for the possible third stringer that is rumored to be more explosher-like than the original... In any case, stringer, explo, and anything in between, work similarly and anything good on one could work on the other (usually a kit that really complements chip damage and enemy detection to shoot them over walls), so a kit that'd work on regular stringer could likely work on the whatever the third stringer variant will be.
Enough rambling, here's the kit ! I'm not sure how powerful that'd be, if at all, but I definitely feel like this could have a certain amount of synergy, and it would be pretty fun I think
1709993897331.png

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Adding onto this with my second main. Maybe as a third kit or as a kit for the possible third stringer that is rumored to be more explosher-like than the original... In any case, stringer, explo, and anything in between, work similarly and anything good on one could work on the other (usually a kit that really complements chip damage and enemy detection to shoot them over walls), so a kit that'd work on regular stringer could likely work on the whatever the third stringer variant will be.
Enough rambling, here's the kit ! I'm not sure how powerful that'd be, if at all, but I definitely feel like this could have a certain amount of synergy, and it would be pretty fun I think
View attachment 9941
Great minds think alike.

DChachouke

Senior Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Great minds think alike.
Yeah lmao. although when it comes to these kinds of weapons, the special choices are very straightforward. Wavebreaker, inkstorm and killer wail are where it's at ! And what kind of backline wouldn't work with mines ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom