• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you think Nintendo would choose as a 3rd(or 2nd) kit for your favorite weapons?

Picle

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4195-9440-3526
probably would be OP, but I would love this for the 3rd Stamper kit to get fizzy bomb and big bubbler

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
A lot of the weapons I enjoy using suffer more from having weak specials than low-synergy kits.
Buffing Stamp, Screen, and/or Slider into a decent spot would be worth more than any new kit.

At the same time, though, give Dread Torpedo and Crab Tank; it deserves it more than anything.

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
I spun a wheel and it spat out point sensor and crab tank for reeflux which sounds about right knowing what kits are already in the game :(

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
A lot of the weapons I enjoy using suffer more from having weak specials than low-synergy kits.
Buffing Stamp, Screen, and/or Slider into a decent spot would be worth more than any new kit.

At the same time, though, give Dread Torpedo and Crab Tank; it deserves it more than anything.
I agree, I think sub+special balance is more of a problem than kit design in this game.

To answer the question though, they would def put inkjet if naut got a third kit. The sub would probably be wall or smth given how they seem scared of giving things strong kits though

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I spun a wheel and it spat out point sensor and crab tank for reeflux which sounds about right knowing what kits are already in the game :(
Honestly, it doesn't sound that bad considering what other specials it could still get with point sensor but Reeflux deserves to have a bomb like Torpedo or Splat Bomb for a 3rd kit

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
I hope you all know that I really, really desperately wanted to click Reefslider while making this, but I wanted not to go full pessimistic! Even though yes, I fully believe that they'd do that, even given-- no, especially given that Naut already has Splashdown! Every other "Oh, but they wouldn't..." claim has been thrown out of the window!

but again-- we're not going full pessimistic
In fact, I had to go optimistic because as mentioned earlier, there's a weird level of "No overlap!" with Splatlings, with the only overlap in the whole class being Heavy Deco and Naut getting Point Sensor! So if I followed that trend, that meant that pretty much the only subs and specials remaining were the good stuff.

...and angle shooter
Kit_Nautilus_10 2024_3_7 6_17_21.png

Also following trends, Crab is cheaper than Triple Splashdown (see: Splat Dualies), and there are no Splatlings with Crab or Trizooka, but since Trizooka's at the top of the meta and they just made another Trizooka weapon with Gloogas, I'm thinking "we can finally let another crab weapon be added to the game; it would only be the second one in the game's entire pre-launch lifespan"

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
They/Them
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
one would hope cherry H3 nozzlenose gets ink mkne and triple splashdown,
BUUUUT due to how nintendo pulls kits out of their ***, we would most likely get something random like this.
burst bomb and reefslider.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
H3 deserves better than either of those specials
It needs S1 bubbler back lol

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Also following trends, Crab is cheaper than Triple Splashdown (see: Splat Dualies), and there are no Splatlings with Crab or Trizooka, but since Trizooka's at the top of the meta and they just made another Trizooka weapon with Gloogas, I'm thinking "we can finally let another crab weapon be added to the game; it would only be the second one in the game's entire pre-launch lifespan"
It's crazy that they just decided to stop adding Crab to new weapon kits as if the main problem with Crab Meta was Crab itself and not the linear hallway map design that made it stronger than it would have been without it.
Still needed some nerfs but it wasn't Stingray levels of bad.
I could see a 3rd Naut kit with Crab though, and unfortunately with Line Marker too

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
tbh i think in retrospect i'm not sure how much i believe the whole "crab got the stingray treatment" thing... i think they just didn't have any solid ideas of what they wanted to put it on. the fact that when they finally added a 5th crab weapon, it got added to splatana stamper, which we Know they know is one of the strongest main weapons in the game, makes me think they weren't actually afraid of crab tank that much, and just didn't really know what they wanted to do with it for a while

i think it's just an unfortunate result of there being 19 damn specials in this game more than anything else

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
tbh i think in retrospect i'm not sure how much i believe the whole "crab got the stingray treatment" thing... i think they just didn't have any solid ideas of what they wanted to put it on. the fact that when they finally added a 5th crab weapon, it got added to splatana stamper, which we Know they know is one of the strongest main weapons in the game, makes me think they weren't actually afraid of crab tank that much, and just didn't really know what they wanted to do with it for a while

i think it's just an unfortunate result of there being 19 damn specials in this game more than anything else
I was wondering for a while if it was even about Crab Meta since they seem to do their own thing a lot of the time but it just doesn't make sense how a special at launch could only be added to one weapon in all these updates when they're so willing to add other specials like Wavebreaker or Reefslider to other kits. I guess I can understand not adding it to a lot of weapons since there are so many specials but just Stamper?? That's how I see it at least.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
I was wondering for a while if it was even about Crab Meta since they seem to do their own thing a lot of the time but it just doesn't make sense how a special at launch could only be added to one weapon in all these updates when they're so willing to add other specials like Wavebreaker or Reefslider to other kits. I guess I can understand not adding it to a lot of weapons since there are so many specials but just Stamper?? That's how I see it at least.
see, the thing is, we haven't gotten a Tri-Strike weapon since fresh season of last year either. if they add one next season it will have been as long between tri-strike weapons being added to the game as it took for crab to get on another kit, and if they don't then it'll have been even longer. but like, obviously the devs aren't scared of tri-strike; they haven't ever nerfed it, and they haven't touched it in general since mid-chill season 2022. that's what leads me to believe it's more of a coincidence of them just not knowing what to put stuff on, since there's no other logical reason that that would have happened to tri-strike

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I just want literally any Dualies kit with Kraken. That's what I want. Kraken is a special I think I would really enjoy playing but god it is just NOT only any weapons I like. The weapon I think I could tolerate most to play with Kraken is probably Blob Deco, but I still don't super love it. nDapples should've gotten Kraken. I don't care that they predate Kraken they should've gotten it anyways. I don't know how that would actually synergize I just want to use Kraken </3

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I just want literally any Dualies kit with Kraken. That's what I want. Kraken is a special I think I would really enjoy playing but god it is just NOT only any weapons I like. The weapon I think I could tolerate most to play with Kraken is probably Blob Deco, but I still don't super love it. nDapples should've gotten Kraken. I don't care that they predate Kraken they should've gotten it anyways. I don't know how that would actually synergize I just want to use Kraken </3
Me waiting patiently for Fizzy + Kraken Gloogas:
1709871176355.jpeg

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
Think this would be a sorta fun callback to the Custom Jr. from S2:

quack_jr.png

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
That skin looks so cool! Also yes this kit is depressingly realistic haha
I also photoshopped a render of this one! I spent so long wondering what a theoretical platinum Nautilus would look like, then thinking "maybe it'll go bronze like aerospray" before finally settling on... "Why does it have to be a metal at all?"

so there's my dream concept for third nautilus
maybe we'll see it in splatoon 4
Nautilus10_3D.png

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I also photoshopped a render of this one! I spent so long wondering what a theoretical platinum Nautilus would look like, then thinking "maybe it'll go bronze like aerospray" before finally settling on... "Why does it have to be a metal at all?"

View attachment 9906
Good job following the naming convention correctly. A lot of people seem to miss the nuance.
It also looks cool, by the way.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432

View attachment 9906
Damn, you really went the extra mile huh! I'm praying it happens not-in-Splatoon-4-hopefully-maybe
The colours kind of remind me of Berry Splattershot Pro from Splatoon 1 btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom