What do you think of a 2v2 Tower Control Challenge?

Tac

Inkster Jr.
Personally I'm very excited to play it with my friend, it will be nice to have a full team with just the two of us instead of being paired with randoms.

But I am a bit nervous because the non-tower rider will be going 1v2 against the other team. Riding the tower is stressful enough for me, and pushing ahead of it on my own without anyone to back me up (besides the tower player throwing bombs or maybe having long range) also seems pretty rough. I kind of wish that they picked another mode for 2v2 even though tower control clearly works best for it, mostly just because tower control is my least favorite mode, lol.

*Buster*

Full Squid
It's definitely an interesting pick for the challenge, but it seems to be the most balanced pick compared to SZ or Rainmaker, where the enemy team either has an easier time winning or failing a push.

Lightspeed_Lunatic

Senior Squid
Considering how Splatoon has always been designed with 4v4s in mind, I'm honestly interested to see what the optimal meta will be for this event. Many strategies that are pretty common are designed to work with 4 players in mind, and Chargers will only need to look out for 2 people that could get behind them, rather than 4.

Cephalobro

I think it depends on the weapon. A slow weapon might not be a good weapon for this given now you're a lot more likely to be targeted. However, a great bonus to this challenge is that the respawn time has been shortened. So I expect to see a lot of back and forth from my end.

Overall, it would be nice not to worry about 2 extra opponents hiding in ink waiting for me.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Not keen on challenges that can just be replicated in private battles. Yeah you get a faster respawn, but that's to keep up the pace due to the lack of players. At least it's more interesting compared to the next challenge.

Also Nintendo please make challenges more frequent; over a week apart is a bit much.

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i'm not sure at this point if i'll have friends available to play during the same window as me, so as a dualie player i'm a little nervous about playing with someone random & ending up having to be the one standing on the tower 😅 it happens every so often in (regular 4v4) solo queue TC, and it's rough when your only ways to defend yourself are to hide behind the center pillar, walk around and shoot in dual reticle mode like i don't know how to use my weapon class, or... remove myself from the tower by dodge rolling. when i only have one teammate and they might be similarly ill-suited to riding the tower, or just unwilling to ride it, the chances that i have to ride it shoot way up...

of course, since there'll only be two opponents to worry about, it might not be as much of a big deal... guess i'll have to see what happens when the challenge comes around.

(or maybe i could pick up carbon deco again for this challenge... i used it for the trizooka challenge and really liked it, and i might have a bit of an easier time standing my ground with it if i have to ride the tower?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom