what do you think of the ranking system

LaJoJoe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LaJoJoe
but I think it should be who inked turf and kills put together not just how much turf is inked

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
To be honest, rank increases or decreases should depend on your position in your team. If you place first in your team and you lost, you should only lose a couple of points. If you win and you get last on your team, you should get fewer points. This would be better than random amounts in increases and decreases in points.
That sounds like it could be good, but what metrics do you use to determine who placed first and who placed last? (As I understand it, currently the player order after a match has to do with how many games you've won in the last 10 games in comparison to your teammates, not who played the best or worst.)

but I think it should be who inked turf and kills put together not just how much turf is inked
Splatting or inking the most doesn't mean you deserve the most points. Suppose in match you had a K/D ratio of 12/2 but another teammate who had 1/10 and played poorly the entire match managed to navigate like superman past multiple members of the enemy team with the rainmaker to the pedestal for a win in the last 5 seconds? Who gets more points?

There are so many aspects to gameplay that can't easily be measured. For instance, sometimes even putting yourself in a position knowing you'll likely get splatted can benefit your team (in specific circumstances). How do you measure that contribution to the team?

LaJoJoe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LaJoJoe
lol I navigate like superman the whole game so I wouldn't know lmao

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
To be honest, rank increases or decreases should depend on your position in your team. If you place first in your team and you lost, you should only lose a couple of points. If you win and you get last on your team, you should get fewer points. This would be better than random amounts in increases and decreases in points.
also what if you lost a splatzone by only 1 second maybe you shouldn't lose 8 to 12 points

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
well.. I hate to go against my own squad member @Aquila Ezio but as you do accept his opinion what would you do to make it better, explain.

Also younger people will always play the game and sometimes they're older than you. don't judge how they play or in other words don't be a me lmao!

Try to lead the team, use your commons and booyah's because they may just encourage your team, if I see someone going in and they click common IM GOIN IN! sure sometimes teams are sorry, an example is how I got 22 and 23 kills in separate games and we still lost, there should be NO LOSING whatsoever when I killed over 23 PEOPLE!

One thing to help out it to try the stage with no team mates (press x before going on ranked or regular) Then explore and try to find good or hidden spot that will help you or shotcuts such as on piranha pit you can ink the lil side of the wall to climb it and get to the objective faster, and double the help because if an enemy tries to appear you can hide on the box and you're on the highground SOMETIMES granting you the advantage over your opponent.

But trust me I KNOW how you feel you have sorry team all the way till they bump you from s to c.
i am sorry but i hat to start over and i am level 16 and in 2 day's total (play hours of 10) a higher rank then you are, and you are even level 40.
That tell's me that i do not need to take and listen to what you say, because eveything what you tell me is wrong.
i use comment. i use one of the most used weapons in the game.

Also i do not understand that you call me a squid member of your team.
If i want to make a squid team and clan i will do it by myself or with a name i feel good with.

No offens to you as a person.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
That sounds like it could be good, but what metrics do you use to determine who placed first and who placed last? (As I understand it, currently the player order after a match has to do with how many games you've won in the last 10 games in comparison to your teammates, not who played the best or worst.)

Splatting or inking the most doesn't mean you deserve the most points. Suppose in match you had a K/D ratio of 12/2 but another teammate who had 1/10 and played poorly the entire match managed to navigate like superman past multiple members of the enemy team with the rainmaker to the pedestal for a win in the last 5 seconds? Who gets more points?

There are so many aspects to gameplay that can't easily be measured. For instance, sometimes even putting yourself in a position knowing you'll likely get splatted can benefit your team (in specific circumstances). How do you measure that contribution to the team?
i review games i do not make then. but lots of companies can do it. i do not think Nintendo is stupid.
they just lack and are not willing to take a big lesson from microsoft. Nintendo need to put down pride for a while.

I do not say that they must become like Microsoft and Sony totaly not.
But Mircosoft did is from the start very good with onliine and handeling it.

LaJoJoe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LaJoJoe
LMAO MICROSOFT ISNT EVEN THE BEST, IF THEY TOOK NOTES FROM MICROSOFT WELL HAVE SHOTTER EVERY WHERE, ATLEAST SONY AND NINTENDO HAVE A VARIETY IN GAMES.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
LMAO MICROSOFT ISNT EVEN THE BEST, IF THEY TOOK NOTES FROM MICROSOFT WELL HAVE SHOTTER EVERY WHERE, ATLEAST SONY AND NINTENDO HAVE A VARIETY IN GAMES.
If you think that of microsoft and the gamig then you have alot to learn. also i think you did not read very good what i told.
I did not say they need to make games like Sony and Microsoft.

I am a person that has all consoles and i can tell for sure what is good and wrong on each and everyone of them.
I am also not a Nintendo fanboy or anything like that.
And don't get me wrong i do not play call of duty or halo online not even the singleplayer.

But microsoft hase not only shooters.
and i agree with you that we need more games like Super mario 64, Super mario Sunhine, Banjo kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Yooka Laylee.
But it is what it is these day's

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I think that the ranking system definitely does need an update in order to make it a bit more fair to players. The system needs to take individual actions into account. I've had matches where I was the only one who really did anything yet I lost 10 to 12 points because we had a player who was A or A+. I'm not sure why I deserved to be punished so harshly when my team didn't really help very much. It definitely does need to be updated to measure how well an individual does rather than just pushing an entire team into the same category together.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
thank you everyone i see the ranking better in splatoon.

I will not react everyday anymore. i have what i need i think.
but everyone may post what he or she thinks.
more is always good. but for me i have my goal.

Thank you all again.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
i review games i do not make then. but lots of companies can do it. i do not think Nintendo is stupid.
they just lack and are not willing to take a big lesson from microsoft. Nintendo need to put down pride for a while.

I do not say that they must become like Microsoft and Sony totaly not.
But Mircosoft did is from the start very good with onliine and handeling it.
I'm quite comfortable being measured by my team's performance. I don't like having weak teammates but that's just the way it is. You play on a team, it's not all about you and you shouldn't try to control or isolate ourselves from other people.

That aside...I don't know what Microsoft does, but what I'm saying is that I don't see how it's possible to fairly measure individual performance in Splatoon. I suppose there could be certain aspects of team contribution easily observed by the system, but then there would be so many missed aspects the system can't measure, so then the point system would be more 'unfair' because some people would get extra points or lose less and others wouldn't even though they both contributed equally to the team, because the system can only recognise certain ways of team contribution.

Also, if there were certain team contributions measured by the system, we'd probably start seeing people take those actions more and more in order to maximise their own points, so gameplay would be less creative, teammates overall less useful and more annoying, while people deliberately restrict their gameplay to actions that result in more favourable point awards/losses. There would be less individuality in gameplay.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
what i find out last night what is irri, is that when you start with 4 and 1 is going out mid game. then it is 4 against 3.

Maybe nintendo need to fix the points then. Because if you lose someone you have a hard time to win.

I have lost sometimimes 15 points of my rank because 1 was perma out.

AriasFantasy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ariasfantasy
I think that the ranking system is alright. Yes, it should take your actions into account when awarding you points, but overall it's okay. There's no major flaws in it, just minor nitpicks. However, I do think that the matchmaking system has something to do with the problem at hand here. It's not the greatest, as almost everyone knows, so it contributes to win/loss factors right from the get-go. Often times, you can end up with two snipers on a team, three level 50s, a whole squad of N-Zaps, only one gun, etc. I think that, because it doesn't divide up the weapons/levels very well, it can effect how well you do whether they're the opponents or your own team. But that's just from my experience, so I can't vouch for everyone by saying this.

AspireArt

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Boponpa
Well, I think something to incorporate into placement in the team is kills, deaths, ground covered, and time spent with or around the objective. If you hold the tower longer you do better, if you splat the zone more you do better, if you hold the rainmaker or protect whoever is holding it you should get more points.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Nintendo definitely needs to take disconnections into account. If your teammate disconnects before the match begins, you'll only lose 1 point for it. However, if a teammate DCs after the match has started, you lose the normal amount of points for that game. This is a fairly big flaw in Nintendo's point system.

In most of these modes, it is almost impossible to win a 3 vs 4 match. You're automatically disadvantaged because you're down one player. The team shouldn't be punished so harshly because a teammate disconnected for whatever reason. It's not their fault and it does make the system a bit unfair that it punishes the entire team for someone DCing. If there's one thing about the point system that needs to be fixed, it is the fact that it doesn't take disconnections into account once the match has started. That's not fair to the players on the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom