• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What have you changed your mind about?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I used to think that rollers were the best weapons for spreading ink. Now when I play turf war all I do is hide in the ink and ambush people. I only get like 800pts. When I play the Wasabi, I get anywhere from 1100-1400pts.
I get similar scores with the Wasabi
I used to ignore Damage Up entirely, but now I do use it (mostly for chargers)

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
For a long time I believed haunt was near useless because if you played well during a match you got zero benefit and if you played poorly then marking one person couldn't really help sway the match.

When haunt was buffed I found a way to work it into my gear set and have been using it since. Funny enough I mostly enjoy it for its original echo properties than the buffs applied. It feels weird if I ever don't have haunt now.

CM86

Pro Squid
I used to think squid beacons were worthless because all they did was tell you where your teammates were within a certain distance of them on the game pad........
Ya I slapped my head big time there when I found out what they do. I have no idea how I came up with this, but I believed it in the first couple weeks Splatoon was out.

I used to think the E-liter was terrible because it charged so slow. I even found a tier list back in the day with the E-liter like second to last. Now the scoped variation is my favorite weapon ever.

I believed the krak on roller was the most overpowered and most overused weapon ever. Nowadays, I do not see it nearly as often and can handle them.

Nebbyla

Inkling
I hated Rainmaker when I first played it. But now I like it and I now really hate Control The Tower. Always liked Splat Zones.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Had a problem with brushes due to finger strain and what I thought was a feature (the ink not painting under your feet). After a bit of octobrush use, I started to enjoy it and got around its quirks. So although I don't have full appreciation for the full brush lineup, I can at least see their charm using the octo, and the latest patch fix.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
During the global test fire I thought rollers being able to ohko was broken af.

InkSquidGirl

Inkling
NNID
EviLeonieOmaOpa
I used to think that when you're using a charger, you always should stand on the left side of the wall/obsacle you're taking cover behind. Oh boy was I wrong. No wonder I thought charger sucked!

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I used to think Splat Zones was a horrible game mode, and to some extent it does still irk me, but at least it's marginally balanced unlike Rainmaker. All it came down to was finding a role to play in this mode, and for me it's definitely a flank watcher/defence mode with the Heavy Splatling series.

Xanjos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Xanjos
I also used to think Burst bomb were a bad sub, boy was I wrong.
I used an Aerospray all the time and thought it was the best weapon like so many did.

The first time I played tower control on Piranha Pit I hated it, it felt like such a big mess with the tower going everywhere. I actually kind of like it now.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Why do people hate the Aero so much?

I used to like the Jet and Dual Squelcher

I'm not into the Jet anymore, the Dual is questionable

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
I used to think that the aerosprays were good even though I couldn't use them, but I use the PG now but not the other variants. I used to think squiffers were ok, but with the bamboozlers out and the squiffer having even worse range than the bamboozler (not to mention having worst stats in every way to the bamboozler besides having a one hit KO) I really don't see much of a reason to use it. Tower control was my favorite ranked mode until I realized I played the best in splatzones and I liked it more. I thought the L-3 and H-3 were bad, but now I use the Cherry as one of my mains, and I think the L-3 D is good.

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Why do people hate the Aero so much?
Short range. Bad accuracy. Bad time-to-kill. Up until PG, sub-par kits.

You can do anything the aerosprays can do, but better, with other weapons.

That doesn't mean you'll get owned every time you use them, and they can still be effective and fun, but you can find a better weapon with a similar kit (or the same) over every aerospray.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Short range. Bad accuracy. Bad time-to-kill. Up until PG, sub-par kits.

You can do anything the aerosprays can do, but better, with other weapons.

That doesn't mean you'll get owned every time you use them, and they can still be effective and fun, but you can find a better weapon with a similar kit (or the same) over every aerospray.
I prefer the RG because of the kit, spread, and range. (I prefer short ranged weapons)

Speaking of which,
I avoided using the Jr. Used it on an alt and I love it

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
basically i love this game, my only issue now is too many guns with too many different sub and specials basically at times you just can't stragergise due to the fact you have no idea what special is coming your way. ex so many guns with kracken - i personally don't care what specials someone has it's jus tthe fact there are so damn many flying around everywhere it made the game just plain chaotic at times with no balance.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I used to adore using rollers of any assort at the start of the game because they were easy to use. Now I hardly use them / like using them because I main rapid fire guns like the Aerospray and N-Zap more.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I never liked Rollers at first... then the Carbon Roller came out. I love that thing to this day. It also got me to try the Splat and the Coro-Coro Rollers which I really like (though I'll never take a Roller into Ranked). I also never liked the MG and E-Liter at first... the I used them for a bit and I feel they're both decent weapons though I'll go Jr. and Kelp Charger over either one of those.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
When I got the game, I thought the N-Zap was really neat and spent a lot of time practicing with the carbon roller, thinking I'd be a close-range fighter. Then I tried the jet squelcher and WHOOPS I'm exclusively a long-range fighter now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom