• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What have you changed your mind about?

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
When I first started playing this game, I didn't like the brushes at all. I thought they were really weak and didn't really give them a real chance. Fast forward a few months... I'm now a brush main who is in love with them. :P I found their real strengths and gave them a real chance, now they're my favorite weapon. >w< It's funny how a weapon you initially really hate can become your favorite so quickly. :P

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Rollers. I used to almost exclusively use rollers and now it's the only class I don't like, mostly because of the swings and the heavy amount of damage rng, I prefer octobrush to krak-on now for example.

srslyeffnawsum

Inkling
NNID
Seikuyuu
I didn't like playing any ranked mode at first when I getting used to the game because I wasn't that great at it, but now that's basically all I play. Except Rainmaker, I don't think I'll ever enjoy Rainmaker just because I feel like when I play, no one wants to actually grab the Rainmaker! They just burst the bubble and stare at it, and I'm garbage with it.

Mahi Mahi Resort was also a map I hated at first because water freakin' everywhere, but now I love it.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Adored Aerosprays
I now not only can't use them, but I also for the most part hate fighting against them (unless it's my friend).

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I used to consider Killer Wails mostly a harassment tool, but lately I've gotten a bit more creative and used them to keep the enemy from moving through certain areas, like the side paths on Blackbelly Skatepark (how much are you willing to sacrifice for that backdoor? ;))

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I didn't like Ninja abilities, now i frickin' love them!

SuperStar2361

Inkling
NNID
SuperStar2361
back when the testfire was on, i used to hate using chargers because i was useless when it comes to aiming with them (plus they're not good for covering the ground). nowadays, they're one of the two weapon types that i main, the other one being shooters (which hasn't changed at all since the testfire days, because i only ever really used the splattershot then).

if we're talking about specific weapons, then i've changed my mind about the '89 and the dual squelcher. i used to enjoy using the squelcher, but i don't use it anymore because there are other weapons that i enjoy using a lot more. as for the '89, i also used to enjoy using it, but stopped using that for a while for the same reason as the squelcher, but recently i've changed my mind about it again because it's helped me a lot in splat zones.

jakeoti

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wishsong214
I didn't think Splat Zones was a great mode when I first played it. I felt like isolating the important turfing area to just one or two sections of the map made the core concept of the game less fun, and that on most maps it just was people spraying into the Zone and praying for it to go their way. Tower Control and Rainmaker, on the other hand, were better since they use most of the map. I've come around to Splat Zones, though. Playing at higher levels means that you see how important the rest of the map can be (although I do think some maps have problems...Saltspray Rig is a good Splat Zones map, for example, but that bottom area just feels so useless that it doesn't feel quite as good as it does in Turf War.)

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
(although I do think some maps have problems...Saltspray Rig is a good Splat Zones map, for example, but that bottom area just feels so useless that it doesn't feel quite as good as it does in Turf War.)
The bottom area is pretty useless in turf war too though. The top area is where it's at.

jakeoti

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wishsong214
The bottom area is pretty useless in turf war too though. The top area is where it's at.
While it's not as important as the top area, the fact that the top is always the highly contested area can make that bottom area be a swing area. If it's a 3v3 up top and both teams are breaking about even, all of a sudden the duel going on down bot can be very decisive.

SuperStar2361

Inkling
NNID
SuperStar2361
recently i've also changed my mind about rollers, especially the gold dynamo roller. i used to dislike them because i was pretty bad at using them, but i hated the dynamos even more because they're the slowest out of the rollers and i thought that i'd never use them. recently though, i've actually been having fun using the gold dynamo roller.

i also never really used any of the blasters for some reason, but i've been trying out the custom range blaster today and i've been having fun with that, too!

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
During the Global Testfires, I thought "I'm definitely going to main the Splattershot Jr., it's perfect!"... while I still see people doing good jobs with it, I absolutely cannot work with it anymore in favor of better shooters.

Also, I used to seriously care about secondary abilities, but now I just roll with the punches on whatever I get and instead focus on primaries.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Abilities, I thought they wouldn't be a big deal. I was wrong. It need to be taken out in the next game. They've been nothing but trouble. It's not the fact they're OP but it makes it makes idiots more annoying to fight.

Robins

Inkling
NNID
Latiken
Oh boy..

Used to think the .Gal weapons were too slow to be any good, thought the Seekers sucked, thought the Point Sensor was useless, never used Disruptors, thought the Bamboozlers and Squiffers were terrible, and that the Sploosh was the worst weapon in the game.

Now I love using the two Deco .Gals, the Seeker is one of my two favorite sub's, the Point Sensors are amazing, as well as Disruptors. I'm also rapidly getting decent with the MKIII. Squiffers are alright. Sploosh is pretty good.

Oh, and Aerosprays are pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom