• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is a game you would want to play?

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Also, the game I want right now is Paper Jam. I really like all the Mario RPG's except Sticker Star. I'll probably get it once I finally get a little bored of Splatoon.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I agree with that. I've heard how horrible Sticker Star is. I'm actually kinda glad that I don't own that game. I'd rather play TTYD than that.
I got sticker star, and the first time through, I sort of enjoyed it. However, I tried a replay a few months ago, and quit halfway through world 2, it is really boring.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Paper Jam is a really fun game. Just beat it so I could start playing the new Fire Emblem(s).
Yeah, Paper Jam was quite good. Paper Mario's additions to the gameplay felt great, the bosses were fun and well done (special mention for the Chargin' Chucks and the Koopalings, those were great) and at times funny (Bowser Jr's paper-airplane-flying-contest-attack actually made me laugh the first time I saw it, didn't realize the game was serious about that for a sec), and it was just nice to be playing a Mario & Luigi after missing Dream Team (which, from the looks of it, I would've enjoyed).

And a quick word from someone who's currently suffering* through Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest:
It's rather difficult. The hardness really spikes up around Chapter 10, and 13's gonna be tricky too.
The reinforcements only spawn in when you get in Scarlet's attack range or the range of the two Wyvern Riders near her, so save them for after you deal with Orochi, Reina and Takumi and their entourages.
I just saved you at least one reset.

Two more things:
First, train up Azura from the second you get her back. You'll be glad you did.
Second, if you go for Mozu, Heart Seal her an Archer ASAP. Just do it, you'll be very happy with your multiple bow-users when you hit Chapter 10 and beyond (or if your Niles doesn't work out... mine still has lowish Skill, though fortunately he's still usable for now...).

But on the subject of Fire Emblem...
I wish we got a Fire Emblem that wasn't stuck in medieval times. At least introduce guns or something.

As for another game I'd like to see...
Kid Icarus Uprising sequel.

*but, like, in a good way, though.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm am 100% not getting Fire Emblem Fates, but please tell me:
Is there a dumb character like Fredrick in 13 who you can literally solo the entire game with?

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
I just hit chapter 6 in conquest and its not brutal yet but far from a cake walk. I don't think there will be any OP characters in Conquest. Not sure about Birthright.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I'm am 100% not getting Fire Emblem Fates, but please tell me:
Is there a dumb character like Fredrick in 13 who you can literally solo the entire game with?
I just hit chapter 6 in conquest and its not brutal yet but far from a cake walk. I don't think there will be any OP characters in Conquest. Not sure about Birthright.
To my knowledge, no. At least, not through Chapter 15 of Conquest.
Camilla's pretty strong for Chapter 10 (where she joins you midway through), but you kinda really want something like her for Chapter 10 because it's painful otherwise. I'm sure she levels off (hell, my Beruka is already coming close to some of her stats, and she's got a few levels to go until 20).
Leo may be a bit too powerful as well, but that might just be relative to his debut chapter's enemies. He probably levels off.
And while she's not game-breaking or anything, Archer!Mozu (now Sniper!Mozu) has been an incredible help on Conquest. Having a second bow-user around is just so useful (especially on Chapter 10, you want two bow-users here).

I can't say anything about Birthright tho.
Well, except that I've heard Takumi shatters any difficulty Birthright has. That probably requires some investment to get him Proximity Shot tho (so he can counterattack at 1 range).
And I wouldn't be surprised if Ryoma doesn't break the game on arrival, after looking at his stats in Conquest (I'm pretty sure he'd one-shot, double and have a very good chance to crit everyone in my party, with a very high hit %, at least in Chapter 12 (where he's optional. Because IntSys had mercy.)).
I wouldn't be surprised if there were others, but those are the ones I'd expect.

As for not brutal yet...
It's about to ramp up. Speaking from experience...
Chapter 7's not too difficult, if I recall correctly. Looks tricky, but it's not.
Paralogue 1 (where you receive Mozu) isn't hard at all, you should train up Mozu as much as you can here (so she has some levels when you Heart Seal her to Archer).
Chapter 8's a fair bit tough, but only if you want to save 3 villages, otherwise it's not too terrible.
Chapter 9's a bit tricky, mostly because Azura starts without weapons (remember to equip hers when you get it). Incidentally, here's a good place to note that you need to train up Azura during the next few chapters. You'll see why in a bit.
But Chapter 10. Chapter 10 is where the difficulty spikes up and never really comes all the way back down. Takumi is here, and he will make you suffer.
After that, Chapter 11's a cakewalk, so long as you don't send anyone who relies on their high HP to survive up the right side. Hinoka's not even hard.
Chapter 12 is a mad dash to the exit, but not unmanageable. Just use the Dragon Vein by Saizo&Kagero to smash all the pots to make things easier on yourself. Also, DO NOT FIGHT RYOMA. YOU WON'T WIN, AND I'M PRETTY SURE HE DOESN'T DROP ANYTHING SO IT'S NOT WORTH IT.
Chapter 13 is the return of Takumi. It's not Chapter 10 difficult, but it's still tricky.
Chapter 14's actually quite easy, though that might be relative to The Return Of Archerbro.
Chapter 15 limits your party to Corrin, Azura and an alive-and-solid Gunter. Hope you trained up Azura! Because I didn't.

Also, just a general thing. I was under the impression that I wasn't supposed to fight the named characters on the Hoshidan side unless they were a boss, thanks to Corrin's talk about leaving people alive. You can fight them if you want, in fact you probably should for the experience. Didn't figure that out until Chapter 12, when Saizo&Kagero needed to be defeated (they were in the way, and also that Flame Shuriken made Felicia a powerhouse). Just letting you know, so you don't make the same mistake I did.
Not sure if killing Flora in Chapter 8's a good idea tho, not sure if she can join later if you kill her here.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Metroid, Mass Effect style. Quite a few different kinds of exploration to be had there!

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
@ILikeKirbys can you comment on Conquest's difficulty compared to Radiant Dawn? Recently replayed it and it is certifiably the most brutal FE beyond 7. Unless I just really suck. I found it to be at least as difficult as Hard Mode Awakening.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@birdiebee Sorry, but I never played Radiant Dawn, so I can't.
Never played Awakening Hard Mode either (got bored after beating it on Normal), so I can't compare it to that either.
It's been a while since I last played most of the Fire Emblems I have, but I don't remember any being quite as hard as Conquest (though, like I said, I missed 10, and I never went very deep into 9 for some reason). Birthright isn't even close, the one death I had there was due to my own stupidity.

As for a general (up to Chapter 15) look into Nohrmal/Classic Conquest...
Comparing Chapter 6 to Birthright's Chapter 6... Neither's particulary difficult on Normal, but Hoshido's much easier (all you have to do is have Ryoma punch Xander) compared to Nohr's (beat up 4 Hoshidans, out of Hinoka (easy enough), Takumi (get some pre-venge for later, you'll be glad you did), Yukimura (not too tough), Sakura (too easy), and Ryoma (DO NOT ENGAGE HOLY S*** DO NOT ENGAGE). I mean, it's still fairly simple (keep fliers away from Takumi, keep everything away from Ryoma, break everything that isn't Ryoma), but it's harder than Hoshido (the only threat I saw there was doing something stupid like removing Ryoma's sword or something, that battle pretty much wins itself).
Chapter 7 starts tricky, but gets easier as you get more party members (and they slow-drip in after a couple of turns).
Paralogue 1 is the same as Hoshido's, I think. Do it for Mozu, so you can get her a few levels before turning her into the best bow-user in Nohr with a Heart Seal (you want two bows for Chapter 10, and it's just convenient generally for Conquest to have two bow-users).
Chapter 8 was only a bit tricky if you tried to save 3 villages, otherwise it wasn't tough.
Chapter 9 wasn't too tough. Azura rejoins here.
Although that might just be because of the wake-up-spinning-piledriver that is Chapter 10. Just a simple, not hard defend-the-top-area map until Takumi goes " You like having chokepoints? Well F*** YOUR CHOKEPOINTS AND F*** YOU TRAITOR" and Dragon Veins the water away so what was previously impassable to all but fliers becomes traversable by any unit, completely f***ing over whatever strategy you had and forcing a mad scramble to simultaneously hide your now-vulnerable squishies and prevent enemies from reaching the you-lose-if-enemies-touch-this tiles. It's fun, but f*** it's surprisingly difficult.
After that, Hinoka gives you the mercifully-less-difficult Chapter 11. It's not that hard, just keep your HP-needing units on the left side (one dude on the right can halve the maximum HP of up to 3 units for the rest of the Chapter). This is a good chapter to just have Azura dance her way to level 15 or 20 (trust me, you want to do this).
Then Ryoma kicks the difficulty up with Chapter 13, a timed chapter in which you must have Corrin escape. I recommend beating up Saizo&Kagero for the Flame Shuriken, it's very useful for Felicia (if you picked male Corrin. Not sure how it works with Jakob, never picked female Corrin), getting both treasure chests (don't recall what's in them, but hey, free stuff), and not fighting Ryoma because it's optional and more importantly he'll murder you with lightningsword if you try that.
Chapter 13 brings the return of Takumi, and while not Chapter 10, it's still tricky. After crushing Orochi and her mages on the left side (don't go right, that's where Takumi waits with his murderbow to kill you at an easy chokepoint you can't really take advantage of as well as he can), wait for the wyverns&knights that fly up to you at the upper-left side and kill them before you move downward (or just have a significant portion of your force detach to crush the pairs and send the other parts down to bait out Reina and her horsies). Two of the Cavaliers by Reina in the center of the map have Beast Killers, so keep Silas and Peri away from them. Also, an Outlaw spawns after a bit and starts going toward the villages in the bottom half of the map, so make a bit of haste to kill him. This chapter's reinforcements only spawn in after you get inside Scarlet and her wyvern buddies' attack range, so save them for last. It's a surprisingly tense affair for a rout map.
After that, Chapter 14 is pretty simple. Nothing too hard, and you get Leo, who can make the chapter a cakewalk with smart use, and Keaton, who's just great.
Chapter 15 is bulls***. It forces Azura into your party with no forewarning and prevents you from having anyone besides her and Corrin for this chapter. While it does give you Gunter to team up with in case Corrin and Azura both suck, it still left a bad taste in my mouth. Might be why I restarted (on Hard/Classic, this time) after seeing that and going "F***, I should've trained Azura a bit." It's probably not even hard unless you want to fight the boss for his Speedwing tho.
Overall, Conquest's difficulty has come in bro-shaped spikes up to Chapter 15, and overall it's still a bit harder than recent FEs as far as I can recall.

...starting to think that we should maybe dig up the Fire Emblem social thread.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I would love to play a new wario land game! 4 was one of my favorite games!
I second this notion. Especially after beating Shake It!
(Incidentally, if you haven't picked it up, I found it in the Wii used games bargain bin of my local GameStop for like $10, so you can probably find it for cheap, and you should, it's fun)
I enjoyed 4 too, though I dunno if I prefer it to Shake It! It's been a while since I played 4 or 3 though, so maybe I'd prefer those if I replayed them now.
Or maybe I'd prefer Wario World, haha. I remember that. I rented it once, it was funnish.

Here are a couple of things I'd like to see:
An Advance Wars X Fire Emblem game. Mostly just because they're similarish, and I wonder how certain mechanics would be integrated (mainly CO Powers). Admittedly, this one I could see working better if it leaned more toward Advance Wars for gameplay (with the various Fire Emblem worlds and Advance Wars nations as different factions, and various FE lords and other important/popular characters as that side's COs), and it'd probably never happen, but I'd be quite interested in playing it if it did.

A Code Name S.T.E.A.M.-type game, but with Splatoon characters and weapons (so, Splatoon, except single-player and turn-based, kinda like a strategy-RPG Octo Valley with a team of 4 Inklings). Given how well Splatoon did, it'd probably sell better than Code Name S.T.E.A.M. did, too. It won't happen, of course, because if I recall correctly Code Name S.T.E.A.M. sold poorly, but it'd be fun (hey, S.T.E.A.M. was fun when you weren't waiting for enemy phase to end; fast-forward probably would've helped at launch, though the game was fine without it, just slower than it could've been), and it'd probably be better since they could probably improve on S.T.E.A.M.'s core gameplay (dunno how exactly off the top of my head, it's been some time since I actually played Code Name S.T.E.A.M, but I'm sure they could).

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Hmmm... I think I'll be getting my hands on LOZ Twilight Princess U when it's out. It's an HD remake but I really don't care. It looks really good.

I'm still waiting on a new Metroid title that isn't that up coming Galactic Force game. I mean seriously...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom