• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is a game you would want to play?

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Just a sequel to Mario Sunshine

Also, I would be happy is Zelda U would actually get released in my lifetime

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
possibly unpopular opinion but I thought Sunshine was incredibly flawed, vastly inferior to SM64, Galaxy/2. Level design seemed uninspired, FLUDD was sloppily incorporated, and that final stage/boss fight were pathetic.

So yeah, if a sequel ever happened I'd hold them to very high standards of quality, but I feel they could deliver considering the amount of crazy stuff they executed very well in the Galaxy series.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
that final stage/boss fight were pathetic.
Agreed on this part. Corona Mountain would easily be more tolerable without that damned mudboat, and the Bowser battle did feel rather anticlimactic.

I don't think "uninspired" is the right word for the levels, though. Maybe having two explicit beach levels was a bit much, but... the game takes place on a tropical resort island. There aren't that many I can think of that are anything beyond surf, sand, sun, and big green trees.

My biggest complaint about it is mostly the over-reliance on gimmick stars like red coin levels, "Secret of" levels, Shadow Mario chase levels, etc. This is where I'd call laziness on the devs' end; they're everywhere, sometimes two to a level, and they all feel kinda shoehorned in. (Same thing could be said about SM64, I know, but at least then they kept it at just one coin hunt per level.)

If they ever make a remake/remaster/sequel to SMS, I'd like to see them tone down the number of those types of stars. Don't get rid of them outright, but keep it confined to just one gimmick star per level.

...actually, there is one other thing I'd like to see: open-world Isle Delfino. Instead of, say, needing a goop portal to enter Bianco Hills, you'd be able to trek through the hillside above Delfino Plaza into the level proper, collect the stars there, and then go down to Gelato Beach to get the stars there. I dunno, maybe I was spoilt by Zelda and Red Dead Redemption, but it's something that I think would be feasible.

Oh, and maybe visit some of these islands while we're at it. I for one would love to see what Isle Granchio and Isla Taratuga are like.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Hmm... a 3D Mario game, taking SM64's overall design and throwing in 3D World's playable characters, a SMG1-scale story, bosses that take more than 3 hits to beat, and underground areas in every level (sorta like how Pikmin 3 did it)... that'd be my jam.
This would be so nice.

Super Mario Sunshine 2: Octarian Inkvasion (I know this is a popular one... I can dream!!!)
That would be... inkteresting, but it probably won't happen.
But yeah, we can dream.

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Um...
Maybe, if they have new ideas.
And those new ideas are better than Spring Mario.
But if they do, I could get behind this.

Some inactive Nintendo IPs that I want to come back:
F-Zero
Metroid
Earthbound
Wario Land
As someone who has never played F-Zero but has seen videos of GX, I want to see another of these.
Aren't there a couple of Metroid games being worked on now? I mean, besides Federation Force (though that could be interesting too). I remember reading that somewhere, but I dunno for certain. But yeah, I'd love this.
I dunno, Mother 3 kinda wrapped pretty well (if ambiguously...). Would like it to release outside Japan tho.
Also, holy s*** YES! I would love a new Wario Land.

Also would like a follow-up to Pokemon XD, or just a console Pokemon with a story/region in general.
Console Kid Icarus
Console Fire Emblem
Yeah, a console Pokémon with most of the new ones would be nice.
If it plays like Uprising, I love this idea. Maybe they can streamline the controls a bit too (or just make it a bit easier for lefties to use touchscreen aiming/moving... Seriously I could never find a comfortable way to do that, I just used the buttons and one stick. It worked pretty well for me, but still).
I remember Path of Radiance fairly fondly (never played Radiant Dawn tho), so I can get behind a current Fire Emblem taking advantage of more powerful hardware to deliver a great experience.

Sonic Adventure 3 (I will be in the throes of death in the year 2075 and still praying for this game)
Would be nice... Unless it sucked...

A proper Devil May Cry 5

Zone of the Enders 3

Baten Kaitos 3
Never played the Devil May Crys, but if it's anything like Bayonetta (and they look kinda similarish), then yeah, that sounds nice.
Never played or saw any of Zone of the Enders, no opinion here.
I still have to replay Baten Kaitos 1, but I remember it having a... weird battle system. If they expanded on that, yeah a sequel would be cool.

I've wanted an open world action/platformer Kirby game since I was like 4.

Um. Thats all I can think of for now.
That sounds genuinely awesome.
Also made me picture Grand Theft Auto with Kirby.

As for what I'd like...

I've had this idea in my head for a while.
A Wario platformer where you take over the world.
It'd have the sort of Waio Land 3ish (because that's the one I remember most clearly, alongside 4) platforming/puzzle-y stuff, but, more. But in (maybe) fewer levels. But bigger ones. Each world would have a bunch of treasures you could collect; when you collected enough of them, you'd be able to fight that world's boss, and after you won all of the boss fights in the worlds you have available you'd unlock the next set of worlds.
And you'd have some of Wario's transformations (or whatever those things that hapened where Wario ate a donut/got lit on fire/turned into a zombie/etc. were called) (not all, just some important ones, like Fat Wario, Fire Wario, Vampire Wario, maybe others) that you'd have to use to explore levels.
And you'd have more than just Wario to work with. You'd have Waluigi because it's about time that guy showed up outside of sports and Mario Partys, Ashley from the WarioWares, and maybe the Queen from Shake It! and possibly Captain Syrup (dunno if I'd make her playable, a recurring... something... or both) too. And they'd all have unique abilities and transformations that let them access areas Wario can't (while Wario's abilities give him unique areas as well, of course). Not all as soon as you start, you'd have to unlock them by conquering worlds (maybe Waluigi would join from the start tho).
As for where you'd be conquering, maybe a bunch of older Mario/Wario locales. I'm thinking places like Diamond City (the place where all the WarioWares happen), Sarasaland (because it's been a long time since anyone's seen Sarasaland, and Luigi, Daisy or Luigi and Daisy could make a good boss fight), the Shake Dimension (because I liked Shake It!, and it has a bag of infinite money, so of course it's getting conquered for that alone), Kitchen Island (from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, the first Wario game), the Koopa Kingdom (because it'd probably be fun, and hey, Bowser fight), and the Mushroom Kingdom (because of course, plus the thought of the boss fight being Wario vs. Mario is just awesome). There could probably be others (maybe the Sprixie Kingdom? The Comet Observatory? Isle Delfino? Space Land from Mario Land 2? Rogueport?), but those are the ones I can say for certain I'd want to see.
As for Captain Syrup (because I feel like I should put her in somewhere), I had a couple of thoughts on how to put her in there. One idea was that she steals your stuff after you beat a certain number of worlds, so you have to go to Kitchen Island and beat up her pirate crew to get your stuff back, after which she'd maybe join up with you (or maybe not). Another possibility was that she and her crew would show up in each world up to a certain one (maybe the final, maybe the second-to-final, I dunno where they'd stop showing up), and if you beat them up in every world you'd unlock Kitchen Island, and if you beat that Captain Syrup would maybe join you (or maybe not). I dunno which of those I'd go with (or maybe something else entirely?), but I feel she needs to be in there somewhere.

I'm kind of picturing this as kinda like Donkey Kong 64, but 2D and with Wario and no Donkey Kongs.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Agreed on this part. Corona Mountain would easily be more tolerable without that damned mudboat, and the Bowser battle did feel rather anticlimactic.

I don't think "uninspired" is the right word for the levels, though. Maybe having two explicit beach levels was a bit much, but... the game takes place on a tropical resort island. There aren't that many I can think of that are anything beyond surf, sand, sun, and big green trees.

My biggest complaint about it is mostly the over-reliance on gimmick stars like red coin levels, "Secret of" levels, Shadow Mario chase levels, etc. This is where I'd call laziness on the devs' end; they're everywhere, sometimes two to a level, and they all feel kinda shoehorned in. (Same thing could be said about SM64, I know, but at least then they kept it at just one coin hunt per level.)

If they ever make a remake/remaster/sequel to SMS, I'd like to see them tone down the number of those types of stars. Don't get rid of them outright, but keep it confined to just one gimmick star per level.

...actually, there is one other thing I'd like to see: open-world Isle Delfino. Instead of, say, needing a goop portal to enter Bianco Hills, you'd be able to trek through the hillside above Delfino Plaza into the level proper, collect the stars there, and then go down to Gelato Beach to get the stars there. I dunno, maybe I was spoilt by Zelda and Red Dead Redemption, but it's something that I think would be feasible.

Oh, and maybe visit some of these islands while we're at it. I for one would love to see what Isle Granchio and Isla Taratuga are like.
Well, the red coin levels usually put the coins closer together in sunshine, so you don't have to traverse and search through the entire level. The secret levels are some of my favorites since they are just fun platforming levels without fludd, and it feels more like SM64. The shadow mario levels are pretty lazy, since they can die in just a few seconds, and they also re-used the same giant squid boss three times in the game (twice in one level even). However, while I do love SM64, I feel like a lot of the stars in that are pretty lazy, since many stars in it can easily be gotten in less than one minute. Open world would be fun, and I always have wondered what it would be like on those other islands. I would also like if they would have more levels where it wasn't so urban, since every level except Bianco Hills, Corona Mountain, and Noki Bay has a bunch of piantas hanging around. This kind of level design is fine, but it would be still be nice if about half the levels would have more themes, such as desert and snow/ice, like other mario games, instead of most of the level themes being beach.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
That's kind of the root of the issue itself though. In choosing a setting for the game they really gimped their creative possibilities. SMG remedied this by having it take place.. all over the universe. There were no limitations.
Although I will say... other games that take place on an island (Looking at Donkey Kong Country series) get MAD creative with their concepts and designs. This is why Sunshine can't really use that as an excuse.

Agreed on this, except the Secret levels. Like @Anaru said, these are the parts of the game that feel most like true Mario. Pure platforming. By far my favorite parts of the game were these crazy stages. And that acapella tune was fantastic.

Um...
Maybe, if they have new ideas.
And those new ideas are better than Spring Mario.
But if they do, I could get behind this.
Don't feel like hunting down the source, but around 2012 or so Miyamoto said SMG3 is definitely a possibility.
I think SMG2 offered more than enough new content to make it remarkable on its own. I stand by these games as the definitive 3D platforming experience. It's purely SM64 for the new generation. There's a near perfect balance of gimmick/innovation stages and pure platforming. A great mix and variety of challenges. Beautiful and immersive settings. An NX SMG3 on modern, 1080p hardware could easily be the most visually appealing game of all time and I'm sure the gameplay would deliver. I know that's a bold statement to make.

Also I love Spring Mario stop h8in. :p

As someone who has never played F-Zero but has seen videos of GX, I want to see another of these.
Aren't there a couple of Metroid games being worked on now? I mean, besides Federation Force (though that could be interesting too). I remember reading that somewhere, but I dunno for certain. But yeah, I'd love this.
I dunno, Mother 3 kinda wrapped pretty well (if ambiguously...). Would like it to release outside Japan tho.
Also, holy s*** YES! I would love a new Wario Land.
GX was one of the best looking GCN games IMO. I think Nintendo is worried about marketability today. Their most successful IPs right now (besides Smash) are like... Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario, Zelda which rely on cuteness and fanservice a lot. I like these games, but F-Zero lacks sort of the mainstream appeal which is a shame because they're super wild, crazy and unique games. It'd have a cheesy 90's sci-fi feel which is absent in gaming today.
Maybe, if they gave it a less cheesy, grittier edge it would have marketability to the type of gamers who enjoy things like Mass Effect, or even Destiny (shudder), but at the end of the day its still a hovercraft racing game in outer space starring a man in blue spandex. Miyamoto mentioned that their creative team is having trouble thinking of new ideas to take a direction for the series. When Mario Kart 8 came out and had anti-gravity mechanics I feared they decided to dump the sci-fi concepts of F-Zero into a more marketable, successful series.

Never played the Devil May Crys, but if it's anything like Bayonetta (and they look kinda similarish), then yeah, that sounds nice.
Bayo is the spiritual sequel to DMC as DMC's developer parted ways from Capcom and created Bayo as a new hack n slash IP at Platinum Games. Unfortunately Capcom still has the rights to DMC which is why it's basically dead now. **** capcom.

And I really enjoyed your idea for a new Wario game. That sounds absolutely beautiful. Wario Land was one of the best portable series, and Shake It on Wii (did you play that?) was also fantastic.

As for Metroid, I haven't really heard any talk of anything in development aside from Federation Force. I'll have to check up on this. But I feel it'd be bigger news if true, like an announcement at E3, TGS or a Nintendo direct.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That's kind of the root of the issue itself though. In choosing a setting for the game they really gimped their creative possibilities...
Although I will say... other games that take place on an island (Looking at Donkey Kong Country series) get MAD creative with their concepts and designs. This is why Sunshine can't really use that as an excuse.
Now, my knowledge of DKC is limited to half of the original game and DK64, so I can't say I'm really familiar with the series. But from what little I remember, that does seem to be the case.
I mean, you do have a point with that, I guess. I'm just here thinking about how it would've been had they kept Corona Mountain and Erto Rock/Warship Island/the Fire Shrine as full levels.

Re: Secret levels
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with them. I lump them in with the Red Coin hunting/Shadow Mario chasing stars only because, like those two, the devs felt the need to put one in every single level. It strikes me as though they ran out of ideas for each level, and used them as filler to compensate.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Agreed on this, except the Secret levels. Like @Anaru said, these are the parts of the game that feel most like true Mario. Pure platforming. By far my favorite parts of the game were these crazy stages. And that acapella tune was fantastic.
Yeah, I remember this stuff. It was great.
I liked FLUDD, but the pure-platforming levels were quite fun.

Don't feel like hunting down the source, but around 2012 or so Miyamoto said SMG3 is definitely a possibility.
I think SMG2 offered more than enough new content to make it remarkable on its own. I stand by these games as the definitive 3D platforming experience. It's purely SM64 for the new generation. There's a near perfect balance of gimmick/innovation stages and pure platforming. A great mix and variety of challenges. Beautiful and immersive settings. An NX SMG3 on modern, 1080p hardware could easily be the most visually appealing game of all time and I'm sure the gameplay would deliver. I know that's a bold statement to make.

Also I love Spring Mario stop h8in. :p
Yeah, that is a bold statement, but I agree.
Even though I never played Galaxy 2, a third Galaxy would be nice.

I'd prefer a whole new Mario platformer instead of revisiting Galaxy, but I'm not entirely sure where he'd go now, so SMG3 sounds good.

GX was one of the best looking GCN games IMO. I think Nintendo is worried about marketability today. Their most successful IPs right now (besides Smash) are like... Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario, Zelda which rely on cuteness and fanservice a lot. I like these games, but F-Zero lacks sort of the mainstream appeal which is a shame because they're super wild, crazy and unique games. It'd have a cheesy 90's sci-fi feel which is absent in gaming today.
Maybe, if they gave it a less cheesy, grittier edge it would have marketability to the type of gamers who enjoy things like Mass Effect, or even Destiny (shudder), but at the end of the day its still a hovercraft racing game in outer space starring a man in blue spandex. Miyamoto mentioned that their creative team is having trouble thinking of new ideas to take a direction for the series. When Mario Kart 8 came out and had anti-gravity mechanics I feared they decided to dump the sci-fi concepts of F-Zero into a more marketable, successful series.
Yeah, GX's look is part of what drew me to it (the other part was SPEED). If only they'd put it on Virtual Console, or release an HD port.
But a lack of new ideas seems like a reasonable reason not to make another. To be honest, I have no idea what they could add that would be new myself.

Also, on a tangent, I wish a Sonic racing game that played like F-Zero existed. It'd kinda make sense (again, SPEED), and it'd probably be fun.

Or at least better than Sonic R...
Liked that game, but it could've been so much better.

Bayo is the spiritual sequel to DMC as DMC's developer parted ways from Capcom and created Bayo as a new hack n slash IP at Platinum Games. Unfortunately Capcom still has the rights to DMC which is why it's basically dead now. **** capcom.
Ah, I see. Still love Bayo (2. I haven't gotten back to 1, got a bit of backlog in front of the Bayos right now), especially in Smash (still can't believe that happened).

And I really enjoyed your idea for a new Wario game. That sounds absolutely beautiful. Wario Land was one of the best portable series, and Shake It on Wii (did you play that?) was also fantastic.
Thanks!
Yeah, I've played Shake It! It's fun, though I haven't really gotten too into it (jumped back to Prime 3 after reaching Chortlebot, gotta beat that before I do anything else).
I kinda prefer 4 so far, though to be fair I've beaten that one so maybe I'll favor Shake It! when I finish that one.

As for Metroid, I haven't really heard any talk of anything in development aside from Federation Force. I'll have to check up on this. But I feel it'd be bigger news if true, like an announcement at E3, TGS or a Nintendo direct.
Eh, my source for that was TVTropes.
And I just checked, that was said during E3 2014. Maybe Federation Force was one of the games they mentioned back then, though they also mentioned a 2D Metroid so there's hope for something more... Samus-having than FF.
Though I didn't see a confirmation of these things, so I could be wrong.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Yeah, GX's look is part of what drew me to it (the other part was SPEED). If only they'd put it on Virtual Console, or release an HD port.
But a lack of new ideas seems like a reasonable reason not to make another. To be honest, I have no idea what they could add that would be new myself.

Also, on a tangent, I wish a Sonic racing game that played like F-Zero existed. It'd kinda make sense (again, SPEED), and it'd probably be fun.

Or at least better than Sonic R...
Liked that game, but it could've been so much better.
Tbh I don't think fans of F-Zero are asking much. Just update graphics, new courses, new themes. I'd like a new story mode. More of the same would be great. Its been 13 years since GX. F-Zero X and GX both had sort of offensive maneuvers to knock other racers out of the way while racing. If they wanted to add a new gimmick, I would think vehicle customization would be a good way to add in different weapons, defenses or counters for your craft that you could use. Like lazer cannons, shields, stunners. Also, no one would complain about having an online mode...

I would love a good Sonic racing game. Unfortunately I think they've tried too many times with too many mixed results to have any sense of what would make it good. Let's see.. Sonic Drift on Gamegear, Sonic R, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals (kinda?), Sonic & Sega All-Stars...
Confession: I actually enjoy Sonic R in a really pathetic way. Its very nostalgic for me. I think the stages are just pretty fun to explore too, moreso than trying to race on them... haha.

Ah, I see. Still love Bayo (2. I haven't gotten back to 1, got a bit of backlog in front of the Bayos right now), especially in Smash (still can't believe that happened).
Yess. I love Bayo, arguably more than DMC. I still havent gotten her in Smash. (I dont own Smash on my Japanese Wii U... my US Wii U is... in the US. haha) But yeah, I'm amazed and overjoyed that she made it in the roster.

Thanks!
Yeah, I've played Shake It! It's fun, though I haven't really gotten too into it (jumped back to Prime 3 after reaching Chortlebot, gotta beat that before I do anything else).
I kinda prefer 4 so far, though to be fair I've beaten that one so maybe I'll favor Shake It! when I finish that one.
Shake It gets waaay better in the 2nd half. And theres a TON of post-game content that I find to be incredibly challenging (in a good way). It's been a long time since I've played it (and even longer since I've played 1-4), so I'm not sure what my favorite is, but it might be Shake It. The most nostalgic/dear to me one is 2 though, since it was my introduction to the series. GAH I NEED TO REPLAY THEM ALL!!!!

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Tbh I don't think fans of F-Zero are asking much. Just update graphics, new courses, new themes. I'd like a new story mode. More of the same would be great. Its been 13 years since GX. F-Zero X and GX both had sort of offensive maneuvers to knock other racers out of the way while racing. If they wanted to add a new gimmick, I would think vehicle customization would be a good way to add in different weapons, defenses or counters for your craft that you could use. Like lazer cannons, shields, stunners. Also, no one would complain about having an online mode...
True.
I'd add flying, myself, but customization sounds neat as well.
Especially online. If it's even remotely stable, it'd be a blast.

I would love a good Sonic racing game. Unfortunately I think they've tried too many times with too many mixed results to have any sense of what would make it good. Let's see.. Sonic Drift on Gamegear, Sonic R, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals (kinda?), Sonic & Sega All-Stars...
Confession: I actually enjoy Sonic R in a really pathetic way. Its very nostalgic for me. I think the stages are just pretty fun to explore too, moreso than trying to race on them... haha.
I was picturing Sonic and co. racing outside of cars (hence the reference to Sonic R) at F-Zero speeds, on F-Zero-esque (though still Sonic-themed) courses. Which could probably be done.
But yeah, they haven't really got a clue on that front. Or the interest, I think. Which is a bit odd, 'cause "Superfast Racing Game" is the first thing I'd think of for a spinoff with a speedster mascot like Sonic.
And yeah, I dunno why I liked R either. It's not good, but it's weirdly enjoyable anyway.

Shake It gets waaay better in the 2nd half. And theres a TON of post-game content that I find to be incredibly challenging (in a good way). It's been a long time since I've played it (and even longer since I've played 1-4), so I'm not sure what my favorite is, but it might be Shake It. The most nostalgic/dear to me one is 2 though, since it was my introduction to the series. GAH I NEED TO REPLAY THEM ALL!!!!
Glad to hear that! It's been fairly good up to this point (and it looks f***in' AMAZING), so I can't wait to see what's beyond Chortlebot!
As for favorite/nostalgic, I'd have to go with 4/3. 4 is the one I best remember, while 3 I remember greatly enjoying when I dug up some of my old GB games a long time back. Both are good, just in different ways.
Shake It! is a lot more like 4, tho.
Hopefully some day Nintendo'll give Wario Land another chance to shine.
And F-Zero.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I was picturing Sonic and co. racing outside of cars (hence the reference to Sonic R) at F-Zero speeds, on F-Zero-esque (though still Sonic-themed) courses. Which could probably be done.
But yeah, they haven't really got a clue on that front. Or the interest, I think. Which is a bit odd, 'cause "Superfast Racing Game" is the first thing I'd think of for a spinoff with a speedster mascot like Sonic.
And yeah, I dunno why I liked R either. It's not good, but it's weirdly enjoyable anyway.
Yeah, this kind of game would really make sense. And I think the newer Sonic games have a formula that lends itself to competitive play. Unleashed Hedgehog stages/Colors/Generations almost seem more like race tracks than stages at times. They are more speed oriented than, say, Adventure games, which have more platforming elements. That's partially why I don't enjoy them so much, but I think you're right that if they were able to tweak these a little bit in a way that would make for viable foot-race multiplayer, we'd get a solid, if not excellent racing game. And it would give them a good excuse to throw all 900000 sonic characters from the past 25 years into a single game.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Yeah, this kind of game would really make sense. And I think the newer Sonic games have a formula that lends itself to competitive play. Unleashed Hedgehog stages/Colors/Generations almost seem more like race tracks than stages at times. They are more speed oriented than, say, Adventure games, which have more platforming elements. That's partially why I don't enjoy them so much, but I think you're right that if they were able to tweak these a little bit in a way that would make for viable foot-race multiplayer, we'd get a solid, if not excellent racing game. And it would give them a good excuse to throw all 900000 sonic characters from the past 25 years into a single game.
Yeah, that would be a good excuse to throw all the [Name] the [Animal]s in a game, huh? Maybe also include someone from Jet Set Radio. Dunno why, just seems like it could work (maybe I've been listening to too much of the awesome JSR & Future soundtracks?).
Unfortunately, I haven't played any Sonic games since Rush (just never was interested, except for Color, never could find that one, and Generations, which didn't come out on anything I own so...), so I don't know from experiencing it myself, but from what I've seen in videos, yeah they can probably do speed now.
Not sure how exactly they'd tweak it to suit racing tho. I can't see it working in 2D at all, so it'd have to be 3D, but I remember the 3D Sonics... Well, I remember Sonic's (and Shadow's) stages in the Adventures had some speedy parts... Heroes, not so much (but I barely remember that one generally)...
I guess if they removed the majority of the platforming... Maybe just have occasional jumping to access alternate paths or shortcuts or something...
And yeah, there are quite a few Sonic zones I could see as race tracks. Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, the entirety of Little Planet as just a long, 1-lap marathon track, Speec Highway, flooded Station Square (with Perfect Chaos hazard), City Escape, Radical Highway, maybe Space Colony A.R.K... I'm sure there are others, those are just the ones I can come up with right now.
They could probably pull it off, with a little effort.
Just so long as it controls better than the mach speed sections from Sonic 2006. I've seen those, and... no...

Spicy BM

Shaquille O'Mii
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-6622-1758-2112
I personally want a Nintendo vs Capcom 2D traditional fighter. I want to see some of my favorite characters fight without having too many Capcom characters in Smash. Specifically Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, Akuma, and X.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
This times 10.

Sunshine would be great also as long as they make sure the camera is way different/better.
I just reread this, what exactly do you hate about the camera in sunshine? It automatically works pretty good, and you can easily control it.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
I just reread this, what exactly do you hate about the camera in sunshine? It automatically works pretty good, and you can easily control it.
It just gets wonky at certain points while moving. Ive beat the game multiple times and really like it. Just played it recently and its a little dated and camera was a glaring issue for me.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
I'd sell my soul for a Spyro game made by Insomniac that's a sequel to Spyro 3. And a new Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Also seconding a Nintendo VS Capcom game and a new Sonic Adventure.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
It just gets wonky at certain points while moving. Ive beat the game multiple times and really like it. Just played it recently and its a little dated and camera was a glaring issue for me.
Well, I will admit it is pretty blurry sometimes (especially if you are doing the dumb secret grass level)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom