what is the most annoying thing about splatoon?

Eel-Ectric

Inkling
Pronouns
she/he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0840-7727-8401
the price of online, and oddly enough, the catalogue.
i love to try and get more of my friends into the game, but it's $60 base game and $20 DLC (which is fine, the game is big and fun), but then you tack on the $20 fee for a year of online (its not even forever!) and the total comes to $100!! for silly ink game!!! gah!! i got into splatoon 2 just as nintendo revealed that they would make us pay for online, and i'm still mad about that lol.
i have trouble finding time to play the game frequently, so getting all the items i want from the catalogue is very hard for me. but then again, that's my fault, so im mostly just annoyed by it.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Lag :C I feel like I am getting it more often since I moved even though the internet is theoretically supposed to be better here and it is stressing me out.

Maybe that's more an annoying thing about my internet but. It is sure bothersome.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i might have mentioned this in another post as something that distracted me from what i was actually talking about but…

it would be so cool if our momentum actually didn’t instantly go to 0 in the air. jumping feels so unsatisfying and slow. it’s one of those things where nintendo is really good at their movement mechanics feeling really smooth but this is just… the opposite of that.

it’s only somewhat annoying that it isn’t a thing, but i didn’t want to say something generic like the lackluster balance patches, terrible maps, and non-functioning online system which can all fit in the same (lengthy) sentence, don’t require further explanation, and have been talked about countless times already. the only thing i genuinely get annoyed about is when im playing worse than im supposed to be, which is kind of a lame answer also.

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
i might have mentioned this in another post as something that distracted me from what i was actually talking about but…

it would be so cool if our momentum actually didn’t instantly go to 0 in the air. jumping feels so unsatisfying and slow. it’s one of those things where nintendo is really good at their movement mechanics feeling really smooth but this is just… the opposite of that.
THIS!!!!! I knew something felt off

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
THIS!!!!! I knew something felt off
yeah it’s just so strange it feels so weird when you slow down drastically in the air like it was replaced with glue, and seems against the movement focus of this game? it’s somewhat not an issue with squid rolling until you start falling though so that’s nice i guess

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Most annoying thing about Splatoon? Lethal bombs. The internet, lag, bad maps and updates; those are all flaws with the game that have a chance of being fixed or improved in the future. Lethal bombs will always exist and always be lethal, they will always dominate the sub weapon tier list, they will get cheap kills for the rest of the series’ lifespan, and they will forever have my ire.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Most annoying thing about Splatoon? Lethal bombs. The internet, lag, bad maps and updates; those are all flaws with the game that have a chance of being fixed or improved in the future. Lethal bombs will always exist and always be lethal, they will always dominate the sub weapon tier list, they will get cheap kills for the rest of the series’ lifespan, and they will forever have my ire.
yea. I think lethal bombs are fine, but auto bomb spam is just so annoying

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
The Octoleet Goggles cost 800 bronze scales

I do not have 800 bronze scales

neonscreenlight

Semi-Pro Squid
grinding ability chunks. your options are: get chunks from battling (random even with drink boosters), somehow finding a gear piece from someone in the plaza that has what you need (random and nearly impossible), or playing salmon run (the best option but still random, and i don't like salmon run)

why can't there be a way to just choose the chunks you want. i wouldn't even mind the grinding if you could just control it in any way

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
to me it's how badly they fumbled splatfests, specifically tricolor. the matchmaking, the maps, the mode itself... it CAN be pretty fun at times, but it feels like the stars have to align in the sky perfectly for that to happen. it just feels so uniquely unbalanced in its own terrible way

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
When the game gives you a notification saying you're invited to play... right after you hit keep going (and it doesn't give you a cancel button)
How about it sometimes randomly not giving you a cancel button in general?
I can understand removing it when the match is just about to start, but there's flatly no reason at any other point in matchmaking that it shouldn't be there.

Cephalobro

How the Triple Splashdown or whatever it's called seemingly has an infinite vertical range, it's the same thing I hated about the original Splashdown in Splatoon 2. You can be a lot higher to the point where it looks like you could completely avoid the special and it still hits you somehow.

Like how about a vertical limit to the Triple Splashdown's range? The only special with infinite vertical range should be the Triple Inkstrike because of how the animation actually portrays it as such.

saltysquidkid

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4817-2971-1886
for me its the community. people make fun of you for having a different opinion. Ofc not everyone is bad, but I have seen a lot of examples of this.
Exosher
for me its the community. people make fun of you for having a different opinion. Ofc not everyone is bad, but I have seen a lot of examples of this.
Clash blaster

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
How about it sometimes randomly not giving you a cancel button in general?
I can understand removing it when the match is just about to start, but there's flatly no reason at any other point in matchmaking that it shouldn't be there.
It seems reasonable to me that not having a cancel button could make the matchmaking go faster, and also, whether the option appears is almost entirely predictable based on mode (it never appears in x or open iirc). Although it is kind of silly to accidentally click the wrong mode and then have to turn off your switch to fix it.

The part that really bugs me (although it doesn't happen too often, which is why I didn't mention it before) is when I start holding the button and the option disappears halfway through. To give me the option and then take it away halfway through me accepting it is just dumb. Especially since fixing this couldn't possibly add more than a second to matchmaking times (the amount of time you have to hold the button for)

Babab

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7735-7052-6321
I dont like the grind for gear abilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom