• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is your favorite map + mode combo?

Rider

Inkling
NNID
MechaEndou
Turf - Generally prefer larger more open stages like Museum and Mahi-Mahi
RM - Dome or Port. I do like Bluefin too but only when I'm feeling particularly alert since it can get intense quickly ??
SZ - Hammerhead is my favourite stage for zones by far despite hating it in every other mode. I just love the massive zone. Walleye is nice too. I like most stages in SZ to be honest I'm fine with anything except Dome.
TC - Not really a fan of tc in general but I guess Camp and Flounder are alright.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Rainmaker and Splatzones in Blackbelly Skatepart are heaven.

So is Rainmaker and Splatzones in Mahi Mahi.

Tough to decide between those two... or rather four.

Lance17

Inkling
Turf wars: Kelp Dome
Tower Control: Kelp Dome
Rainmaker: Arowana Mall
Splat Zones: Bluefin Depot

:D

Rainy Day

Inkling
NNID
WheatleyCore
Turf War: Walleye Warehouse
Splat Zones: Bluefin Depot / Walleye Warehouse / Mahi Mahi Resort
Rainmaker: any
Tower Control: Camp Triggerfish

I'm not very picky with maps, I'll play on any of them honestly, my favorite overall is probably Turf War Walleye.

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
I personally play on just about everything, but I obviously have some favorites.

Blackbelly Skatepark - Splat Zones. It's honestly very hectic and crazy and I love the chaos it provides, even though sometimes it can be quite annoying to enter.
Walleye Warehouse - Splat Zones, but I'm fine with any of the modes. I really love hanging onto the zone though on Walleye Warehouse, it's a really fun task.
Arowana Mall - Rainmaker. Possibilities are endless, but making strong pushes require communication. It just feels pretty fun.
Port Mackerel - Splat Zones and Rainmaker. The amount of corridors is allows for a lot of creativity and sneak attacks. Definitely fun.
Kelp Dome - Rainmaker. I'll play the other modes as well, but most fun with rainmaker.
Bluefin Depot - Depends, but I'll go with Rainmaker.
Camp Triggerfish - Any mode, but preferably Rainmaker or Splat Zones. The tower takes 5 years to reach the goal in Tower Control and turf is just horrendous. Otherwise, I love this course for RM and SZ.
Mahi-Mahi Resort - Splat Zones. This can be exceptionally hectic with a Dynamo on both teams.
Piranha Pit - Splat Zones. Very fun and interesting map to play on. Conveyor belts allow for creativity.

Again, I'll play on anything for the most part, but I prefer these modes with these specific maps. Rainmaker is my most preferred mode, so bear that in mind.

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
splat zones in the museum and mahi-mahi. they're what got me to S. a lot of people don't like splat zones in the museum but i'm pretty unstoppable there, no matter if i'm playing octobrush or charger. it doesn't hurt that the museum is my favorite map in general.

i'm new to rainmaker but i'm proving to be really good at kelp dome, although i'm not sure if it's actually my favorite map for that or not. flounder heights is good as long as someone inks the walls for me [inking them as an octobrush is terrible]. and for tower control, i really like piranha pit. it's a short stage but the tower goes all over it, extending the time and creating a lot of close-quarters combat, which is perfect for my octobrush.

Kytez

Inkling
NNID
dustyxpie
I can't get enough of Piranha Pit and Museum d'Alfonsino on Turf. <3
Anything goes for ranked battles but I love Blackbelly Skatepark on Splat Zones and Camp Triggerfish on Rainmaker.

maxie

Full Squid
kelp dome, piranha pit and ancho v on any mode are great tbh.....small stages i like basically.

but aside from those, my favourite splatzones map is bluefin, favourite rainmaker is triggerfish, and fave tower control is probably arowana or blackbelly. and honestly ill play whatever for turf war as long as its not saltspray or moray

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
Splatzones - Blackbelly and Walleye

TC - Ancho-V i think

Turf War - anything that isn't Flounder or Triggerfish

AbsentPlayer

Full Squid
NNID
absentplayer
(All of this only applies if I have a competent team)

Piranha pit x TC: as someone who plays a lot of chargers. my favorite thing to do is splat people who jump of the center conveyor in a bid to achieve something that I will never find out since they're usually splatted by the time they've landed.

Blackbelly x splatzones: I have 2 words E-Litre, Top-mid.

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
Piranha pit x TC: as someone who plays a lot of chargers. my favorite thing to do is splat people who jump of the center conveyor in a bid to achieve something that I will never find out since they're usually splatted by the time they've landed.
favorite thing to do in piranha pit no matter the mode, really.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Turf war: black belly skatepark, salt spray rig, kelp dome, bluefin depot
I like using these to practice with the splat chargers, especially the kelp in rig with the ink coverage a sprinkler gets on the crane.

Rainmaker: port mackerel
Using the slasher deco, blocking routes with the sprinkler, kraken, sloshing over crates, and having a clear-ish idea of where each member of the other team is in advance with the linear paths, this is just such a fun one.

Splat Zones: camp triggerfish, ancho-V games, bluefin depot
Camp triggerfish has zones that can both be covered from one side by my main three weapon types, while also providing the option to flank while most of the other team is distracted with covering both zones from the same side. With ancho-v, I love how much it changes from most other versions. The walls that are added are perfect for cover while tossing over bombs and sloshing, while the middle area turns into a little arena more often with that being everyone's focus. Bluefin depot is fun with the randomly placed zone and the viability of sniping, ninja sloshing, holding down the main area with the mini splatlings, or flanking from the side opposite the zone.

Tower control: piranha pit, kelp dome, bluefin depot
Piranha pit is interesting in having to hold down a certain area much longer than most other tower control stages, kelp dome just has so many options (not to mention this is the only ranked mode where I do not get lost among the plant corridors), and bluefin depot is just enjoyable for some reason I cannot think of.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I honestly only play TW so here's my favorite maps:
Mahi-Mahi Resort
Camp Triggerfish

by far <3

SuperStar2361

Inkling
NNID
SuperStar2361
nowadays i only really play turf wars and splat zones, but my favourite places to do them on are moray towers and walleye warehouse! sz in kelp dome is fun imo, too :D

NNID
Geomancy-paw
Splat Zones: Museum d'Alfonsino. It's so big and open and the best place for epic CQC battles, imo. Bomb Rushing is great fun here
Tower Control: Piranha Pit. I do really well on this map, it's really easy to reach everywhere when you use long range weapons here.
Rainmaker: Bluefin Depot. This is another one of those levels I just do really well on, probably for the same reasons as above
Turf: Moray Towers. I love the design of Moray Towers even though it's always sniper-infested. Actually I like Moray in every mode bar Splat Zones, but the least pressure lies in Turf. Super Jumping is the most fun thing to do on this level :U

Also I like Saltspray Rig for TC and Rainmaker but it never comes up in the rotation so...

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
Turf: Flounder Heights. I love the multiple layers, routes, and the aesthetics. Just a fantastic map in general to me.
Not sure what m faves are on most of the ranked modes since i generally prefer turf war but i can definitely tell you the maps i DISLIKE are. XD
Splat zones: anything with one big zone or two small zones that aren't too far apart. I bet piranha pit would be interesting here but i've never seen it paired with this mode..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom